Chess games

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Name:  chess.JPG
Views: 27
Size:  6.6 KB
    (Original post by Athematica)
    My 3/3 win against Pharaoh(?). It was somebody anyway. Please confirm whoever it is: https://en.lichess.org/EAyHFmff

Recent win against Kman: My https://en.lichess.org/mWWKZx0N
    I really don't want to be like this, but every move you played was an engine move, and move 18 in the game really tested that: I had my suspicion that you were using an engine so I got out my engine, inputted the position and played a bad move (hanging my rook) but after taking your time, you castled queenside instead of taking the free rook: castling was the engine move. Also, your average centipawn loss of just 6 again highlights that you are either one of the best chess players ever or you had some engine assistance.

EDIT: I am just suspicious, and if you can prove to me that you weren't using an engine, then feel free, and it's very possible that you are an incredibly good chess player and if so I praise you for that. It's just that I do have my concerns, and if I am wrong, then VERY well played. Exceptional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athematica)
    My 3/3 win against Pharaoh(?). It was somebody anyway. Please confirm whoever it is:

Recent win against Kman
    Wasn't me, although I'm kinda bugged on the the person I played first match and won't say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electrospective)
    13 1 20 8 42 vs XOR_

trustmeimlying1 vs Brahmin of Booty

Athematica vs Kyx

PharaohFromSpace vs K-Man_PhysCheM

Who won in these matches, I need them so I can arrange for round 2.
    I lost against 13 1 20 8 42

ReputationRep:
    Electrospective Just lost my second game to 13

ReputationRep:
    https://lichess.org/16WfEASu open game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM)
    Name:  chess.JPG
Views: 27
Size:  6.6 KB

I really don't want to be like this, but every move you played was an engine move, and move 18 in the game really tested that: I had my suspicion that you were using an engine so I got out my engine, inputted the position and played a bad move (hanging my rook) but after taking your time, you castled queenside instead of taking the free rook: castling was the engine move. Also, your average centipawn loss of just 6 again highlights that you are either one of the best chess players ever or you had some engine assistance.

EDIT: I am just suspicious, and if you can prove to me that you weren't using an engine, then feel free, and it's very possible that you are an incredibly good chess player and if so I praise you for that. It's just that I do have my concerns, and if I am wrong, then VERY well played. Exceptional.
    To be fair I probably wouldn't bother to take the rook there if I thought it through (that may be what he was taking his time with). It's clear that black's king is all at sea, and it seems the knight gets won back no matter what, so you would only be winning an exchange at most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    Electrospective Just lost my second game to 13
    And your match against Kman?

ReputationRep:
    Who won these matches

Athematica vs Kyx

ReputationRep:
    Name:  blablablablabla.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  72.4 KB

The tale of a fight to the bitter end...... Electrospective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    Name:  blablablablabla.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  72.4 KB

The tale of a fight to the bitter end...... Electrospective

That was ****ing ********

IT WAS RIGGED

ReputationRep:
    That was ****ing ********

IT WAS RIGGED

That round was comedy gold.

ReputationRep:
    Who won these matches

Athematica vs Kyx

Unless K-Man_PhysCheM was the first anon I payed and won, we didn't play.

Currently playing XOR_

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    That round was comedy gold.

Unless K-Man_PhysCheM was the first anon I payed and won, we didn't play.

Currently playing XOR
    Omg can you guys play those matches first so I can draft round 2

ReputationRep:

Omg can you guys play those matches first so I can draft round 2
    Didn't know there were rounds, just playing for fun.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And losing, except for that first game.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    To be fair I probably wouldn't bother to take the rook there if I thought it through (that may be what he was taking his time with). It's clear that black's king is all at sea, and it seems the knight gets won back no matter what, so you would only be winning an exchange at most.
    Yeah, I agree with that actually. Having had lunch I realise that all of Athematica 's moves were pretty logical and straightforward, and a much better player than someone else could probably play near perfect chess in relatively simple positions against a much lower rated player. Hence Athematica most likely just beat me fair and square, but because I am much lower rated than him and the game was quite simple, he ended up playing engine moves, which were the most logical moves anyway.

Electrospective I haven't played anyone anonymously and I haven't played PharaohFromSpace .

My games are: 1 win and a draw against Kyx and a defeat against Athematica .

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know there were rounds, just playing for fun.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And losing, except for that first game.....
    It's not so serious. You can play other as well. Just make sure you play that game.

Electrospective I haven't played anyone anonymously and I haven't played PharaohFromSpace .

My games are: 1 win and a draw against Kyx and a defeat against Athematica .
    You don't have to play anonymously. And please make sure you play against pharaoh at some point. Fankssss!

ReputationRep:
    PharaohFromSpace I can't send links on the forum for some reason, so could you please send me the link to a game if you are available. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    PharaohFromSpace I can't send links on the forum for some reason, so could you please send me the link to a game if you are available. Thanks!
    Give me 30 minutes maybe? I need to recover.

Electrospective, I just lost to XOR_

ReputationRep:
    Give me 30 minutes maybe? I need to recover.

Electrospective, I just lost to XOR_
    Yeah, no problem! :-)

ReputationRep:
    You free now?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.