Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherishFreedom)
    436 Muslims charged on terrorism offences aren't enough for you?

You do know that terrorism in its nature is far more collaterally damaging than most crimes right?

Also the statistic does not include the ones who died during their crimes, including suicide bombers.

You simply cannot be serious, by saying that this is a minuscule amount. Your deflection mentality is extremely alarming.
    terrorism offences are so wide-ranging, its not like 436 suicide bombers were stopped before they detonated, and not to mention it was over a period of 11 years

you get many more rapists/murderers per year, who arguably commit worse crimes than some of these offenders, because them being arrested for 'terrorism offences' does not mean they are some jihadist who was stopped moments before an attack, almost all of them would be encouraging people to fight in Syria/Iraq or something like that

I'm pretty sure its the fact that its a foreign religion which motivates you to hate it so much, when our own domestic citizens do more worse thingsd daily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    what is the boundary between "hating" and "criticising"?
    I am not sure what the exact boundary is, but the boundaries lies somewhere between criticising its elements and constantly incriminating all Muslims with terrorism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold Godwinson)
    I've been reading through this asinine thread you started and I have to say you must be either quite frankly retarded or having some kind of a trolling session. Or maybe you're one of those far-left types that blatantly refuse to acknowledge what a group of people stand for when consistent incidents of why Muslims do not respect anyone else, cannot peacefully co exsist with non Muslims, actively try to cause terror, destruction and murder to a country and its people and commit twisted and unspeakable acts all around the world, without flinching from the vileness of the act. And I can guarantee you that Muslims support terrorist in the name of Islam because they have an agenda and that agenda IS world domination.

Several over people have also tried to talk some sense to you on this thread, only for it to be in vain, I don't see why you can't read this comment and not still be misguided on the thread topic. And for that I apologise for all people affected by Islamist terrorism on the behalf of the liberal left, who refuse to act on the issue. I hope you all find solace in the fact that the left won't be in political power for long, if this is the way they act in the face of crisis.
    Chuck the insult in after you've established your point and stunned me successfully, because I'm not going to read a post which starts with three separate insults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Do you seriously think that every single Muslim alive wants world domination? Lmfao
    historically prob many did, until islamic empire was defeated on multiple fronts. im sure many would wish for the propagation of their faith as a system of governance, becuase in their eyes it lends some form of legitimacy to their beleifs - but i also think most deep down accept that practically its a failed idea when put into practice. hence why most of the islamic world is simply run by secular dictators

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    historically prob many did, until islamic empire was defeated on multiple fronts. im sure many would wish for the propagation of their faith as a system of governance, becuase in their eyes it lends some form of legitimacy to their beleifs - but i also think most deep down accept that practically its a failed idea when put into practice. hence why most of the islamic world is simply run by secular dictators
    I'm talking about the present day :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure what the exact boundary is, but the boundaries lies somewhere between criticising its elements and constantly incriminating all Muslims with terrorism
    who said "terrorism"? I claimed homophobia

ReputationRep:
    who said "terrorism"? I claimed homophobia
    lol what?

ReputationRep:
    lol what?
    do you have the ability to retain memories or am I just going to have to do that for you? :|

"you think most people in iraq don't want, as a bisexual, to be in jail?
    you think most people in jordan, don't want me, as a bisexual, to be in prison?
    you think most people at least in *turkey*, don't want me locked up?
    really?
    seriously?
    I don't think you get it
    most muslims in the ****ing UK think I should *at least* be jailed. and that's a western country.

remember the girl who was going to be put to death for accidentally burning pages of the qur'an in pakistan?
    remember the atheist bloggers in bangladesh that were hacked to death for their twitter comments by muslims?
    most muslims in the UK come from or are the children of people who came from those two countries...and recent studies actually show that they're *more* radical than their parents..."

ReputationRep:
    do you have the ability to retain memories or am I just going to have to do that for you? :|

really?
    seriously?
    I don't think you get it
    most muslims in the ****ing UK think I should *at least* be jailed. and that's a western country.

remember the girl would was going to be put to death for accidentally burning pages of the qur'an in pakistan?
    remember the atheist bloggers in bangladesh that were hacked to death for their twitter comments by muslims?
    most muslims in the UK come from or are the children of people who came from those two countries...and recent studies actually show that they're *more* radical than their parents..."
    Personal insults because argument has run dry lol

and yes, I think you will be perfectly fine if you go to Turkey, unless you do what I predict you will do and you go around hating Islam in front of everyone

ReputationRep:
    Chuck the insult in after you've established your point and stunned me successfully, because I'm not going to read a post which starts with three separate insults.
    The only insult here is the asinine thread you started. You have just as much blood on your hands as the terrorists do for enabling them to carry out their vile acts.

ReputationRep:
    terrorism offences are so wide-ranging, its not like 436 suicide bombers were stopped before they detonated, and not to mention it was over a period of 11 years

you get many more rapists/murderers per year, who arguably commit worse crimes than some of these offenders, because them being arrested for 'terrorism offences' does not mean they are some jihadist who was stopped moments before an attack, almost all of them would be encouraging people to fight in Syria/Iraq or something like that

I'm pretty sure its the fact that its a foreign religion which motivates you to hate it so much, when our own domestic citizens do more worse thingsd daily.
    The facts are on terrorism which people are primary criticising Islam on, you now talk about rapes and murders. I talked about gay rights and you quickly shifted to another topic. If I give you the facts for Muslim rapists, you'd start talking about something else.

You always point to others and say 'they do that too!' but when I give you the statistics about the vast difference in occurrence rate between Muslim and non-Muslim populations, you quickly change your argument.

Can you see your mentality? You are just playing games. You don't want to look at the problem, you just want to blindly defend your position.

ReputationRep:
    Personal insults because argument has run dry lol

and yes, I think you will be perfectly fine if you go to Turkey, unless you do what I predict you will do and you go around hating Islam in front of everyone
    what do you want me to do in turkey? go there and kiss other men if I want? or not? will I be guaranteed safety if I did it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold Godwinson)
    The only insult here is the asinine thread you started. You have just as much blood on your hands as the terrorists do for enabling them to carry out their vile acts.
    How am I enabling them to commit atrocities? Explain it to me buddy boi

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about the present day :facepalm:
    i did refer to current view if you read my full post. you seem to lack basic comprehension, which hamstrings you in debate. apart from the whole ' im not a muslim im an atheist' gig which is becomeing a little embarrasing to watch.

back tot he initial point of the thread however. the world is indeed in a messy place - but again the problem with islamic terrorism lies within islam itself ( clues in the name) not a host of excuses you can scrap the bottom of the barrel for. long before terrorism became 'fashionable', islam was promoting wars of conquest, slavery and sectarian 'superiority'- (all the things 'atheists' hate) this is the problem with politicising a faith - islam has gone done that route for over a thousand years so it i imagine would be hard to roll the clock back; whereas other faiths have simply maintained to the original religious concept of personal spirituality andso dont have the same widespread issues that islam has. you trying to pretend these problems are not for the islamic community to deal with only fuels the fire.

ReputationRep:

really?
    seriously?
    I don't think you get it

remember the girl who was going to be put to death for accidentally burning pages of the qur'an in pakistan?
    Maybe this guy should change his profile name to "Aliberalstresss".

ReputationRep:
    what do you want me to do in turkey? go there and kiss other men if I want? or not? will I be guaranteed safety if I did it?
    just so you know, I brought alcohol from Muslim men in India and Indonesia, they didn't try to behead me, the Muslims in foreign countries aren't hateful people like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherishFreedom)
    The facts are on terrorism which people are primary criticising Islam on, you now talk about rapes and murders. I talked about gay rights and you quickly shifted to another topic. If I give you the facts for Muslim rapists, you'd start talking about something else.

You always point to others and say 'they do that too!' but when I give you the statistics about the vast difference in occurrence rate between Muslim and non-Muslim populations, you quickly change your argument.

Can you see your mentality? You are just playing games. You don't want to look at the problem, you just want to blindly defend your position.
    There is no problem, 436 people being arrested over 11 years is nothing, not to mention that very few of them are actual jihadists/terrorists, as opposed to people promoting terrorism

Its strange you're so preoccupied on the foreign religion and not the thousands of worse crimes committed every year by our own people

ReputationRep:
    just so you know, I brought alcohol from Muslim men in India and Indonesia, they didn't try to behead me, the Muslims in foreign countries aren't hateful people like you
    I said KISS. what if I *kissed* other men in those neighbourhoods?

ReputationRep:
    How am I enabling them to commit atrocities? Explain it to me buddy boi
    pretty sure defendant a mr Ajem C used this same defence in court..

ReputationRep:
    I said KISS. what if I *kissed* other men in those neighbourhoods?
    does it matter? both are condemned by the Quran, you probably can get away with kissing a man in Turkey, expect dirty looks from the locals, but you wont be thrown in prison lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.