Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

ReputationRep:
    Shady and A-Rod absolutely bossing it for me this week.

ReputationRep:
    I currently have 20.64 points my defence has put up 17 of those

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here started Mariota? not looking good week for him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Pete)
    Has anyone here started Mariota? not looking good week for him
    No, he is currently available to pick up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Shady and A-Rod absolutely bossing it for me this week.
    The chase down is going to be challenging.

The stack finally pays off and I take the lead! Jameis Winston - Mike Evans... 2 point deficit into 10 point lead.

KC Defense has 35.00 points. Is that the most ever for a D... or anyone for that matter? Ryan Fitzpatrick has committed football suicide today.

ReputationRep:
    My defence despite putting up 26 points was somehow outscored.

ReputationRep:
    I have just been having an early look at the waiver wire for our league. Two out of the top three scoring available WR/RB's this week are players i have dropped previously. I also dropped the number four scoring RB earlier in the week. Maybe i have been tinkering a bit too much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    The chase down is going to be challenging.

The stack finally pays off and I take the lead! Jameis Winston - Mike Evans... 2 point deficit into 10 point lead.

KC Defense has 35.00 points. Is that the most ever for a D... or anyone for that matter? Ryan Fitzpatrick has committed football suicide today.
    This is doubly depressing as a Jets fan

ReputationRep:
    I have just been having an early look at the waiver wire for our league. Two out of the top three scoring available WR/RB's this week are players i have dropped previously. I also dropped the number four scoring RB earlier in the week. Maybe i have been tinkering a bit too much...
    I think this is true. I also think your start/sits are exceptionally brave in places. I love hipster football but in fantasy the core of a winning roster is blue chip players.

AML, at least you're not a Jags or Bucs fan. Both mine and DT's frustrations have been well documented in the other thread. 6 INTs is some Madden craziness though, literally a career worst performance for Fitz.*Jim Hardy threw 8 in 1950 but that's basically a million years ago. Fitz got PFF's worst QB grade ever which considering they've graded 2717 games is fairly spectacular. 5 of the top 10 come from 2015 and oldest of them is in 2011 though so the pass happy nature of the league may not have helped.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    My defence despite putting up 26 points was somehow outscored.
    Because Fitzpatrick is bad apart from in very specific circumstances where he plays with the lead, a strong running/screen game, time in the pocket and elite receivers. He looked like he was trying to be Jay Cutler and failing. Doesn't that just say it all?

I know you guys don't care but in spite of being 0-3 in our league I am psyched because in my other league beat our cheating commissioner. What makes the victory sweeter is that he has Deangelo Williams and I have Laveon Bell, so for the rest of the season I will gain a top tier RB and he will lose one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    *I know you guys don't care but in spite of being 0-3 in our league I am psyched because in my other league beat our cheating commissioner. What makes the victory sweeter is that he has Deangelo Williams and I have Laveon Bell, so for the rest of the season I will gain a top tier RB and he will lose one.
    I love that you beat that guy. He sounds like a dick. And fantasy isn't the real NFL so you can still make the playoffs. I like my 3-0 start but I have to consider myself lucky to be in that position.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is true. I also think your start/sits are exceptionally brave in places. I love hipster football but in fantasy the core of a winning roster is blue chip players.

AML, at least you're not a Jags or Bucs fan. Both mine and DT's frustrations have been well documented in the other thread. 6 INTs is some Madden craziness though, literally a career worst performance for Fitz.*Jim Hardy threw 8 in 1950 but that's basically a million years ago. Fitz got PFF's worst QB grade ever which considering they've graded 2717 games is fairly spectacular. 5 of the top 10 come from 2015 and oldest of them is in 2011 though so the pass happy nature of the league may not have helped.*
    Ahh, but i am a Jags fan, think my post in the other thread about going to the game in London next week and getting a new Jags hat got swallowed with the (justified) pity party that was going on. As this is my first season of FF i got caught up in the hype a bit too much of fringe players

(Original post by SmashConcept)
    Because Fitzpatrick is bad apart from in very specific circumstances where he plays with the lead, a strong running/screen game, time in the pocket and elite receivers. He looked like he was trying to be Jay Cutler and failing. Doesn't that just say it all?

I know you guys don't care but in spite of being 0-3 in our league I am psyched because in my other league beat our cheating commissioner. What makes the victory sweeter is that he has Deangelo Williams and I have Laveon Bell, so for the rest of the season I will gain a top tier RB and he will lose one.
    I always happy to hear about other leagues. Good job beating the commissioner, just be careful he doesn't change the rules on you again.

In my secondary league i need Matt Ryan and Brandon Cooks to outscore Freeman by 30 points to keep my winning record going

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, but i am a Jags fan, think my post in the other thread about going to the game in London next week and getting a new Jags hat got swallowed with the (justified) pity party that was going on. As this is my first season of FF i got caught up in the hype a bit too much of fringe players *
    I did see that actually, it's been a tumultuous first 3 weeks. I'm so bored of the GusBus right now. I really want the colour rush jersey but until Bortles stops regressing as a QB I don't want his name on the back. He might be the backup when the next head coach comes in if he doesn't get his game straightened out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 1-2 *****esss

ReputationRep:
    How do playoffs work? Top 2 in each conference or top in each conference then next best 2 records?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    How do playoffs work? Top 2 in each conference or top in each conference then next best 2 records?
    Week 15 - top 4 overall into championship playoff, next 4 into consolation playoff, bottom two eliminated.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed that everyone in the league won the "unreal combinations trophy" this week, even those without two people on the same team

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed that everyone in the league won the "unreal combinations trophy" this week, even those without two people on the same team
    Very odd. I'm just pleased I didn't win the hungriest bench award for the third week running. It's such an indictment of your starting lineup decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Very odd. I'm just pleased I didn't win the hungriest bench award for the third week running. It's such an indictment of your starting lineup decisions.
    Looks like they have fixed it now. I won the hungriest bench for failing to start Marvin Jones on the week he trebled is previous scores

ReputationRep:
    Looks like they have fixed it now. I won the hungriest bench for failing to start Marvin Jones on the week he trebled is previous scores
    Oops. I'd honestly just like to have a successful waiver request this week. I'm 3/3 on denials so far and it means injuries are killing the depth I built into my draft.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: February 5, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.