The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to hell...

Joke. Consistency is key, don't waste your weekend doing like 8+ hours of revision, when you can do 1-2 hours per night and still achieve AAAA.

It's simple, but not easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    YAY NOTIFICATIONS WORK.. for me!

Ah good luck at your boarding scgool. Don't you have induction day?
    It's at 2pm-5:30 on the 7th but my train back to school isn't till 3 so I'll be a bit late to it I haven't changed school so I know everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverFrench)
    It's at 2pm-5:30 on the 7th but my train back to school isn't till 3 so I'll be a bit late to it I haven't changed school so I know everyone
    Ah that's good. Having friends from before is good so you won't have to take that extra step of making friends when you go to a new college.

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's good. Having friends from before is good so you won't have to take that extra step of making friends when you go to a new college.
    I didn't want to move. The school pretty much saved me after 10 years of bullying so it was essential I stayed

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want to move. The school pretty much saved me after 10 years of bullying so it was essential I stayed
    Ah bullying sucks so bad, don't worry I've been throught that 'stage' of life as well

ReputationRep:
    Ah bullying sucks so bad, don't worry I've been throught that 'stage' of life as well
    It sucks but it's being my whole life barring the last two years so a tougher story then most bullying stories

ReputationRep:
    It sucks but it's being my whole life barring the last two years so a tougher story then most bullying stories
    Yeah true, always remember though, after hardship is success. You'll become a stronger person after you've been bullied

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true, always remember though, after hardship is success. You'll become a stronger person after you've been bullied
    I'm pretty tough
    Excited to start alevels with all my friends

ReputationRep:
    When do you guys start sixth form/college?
    My induction day is on the 1st of September and my first actual day is on the 2nd September ~it's so soon now :mute:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty tough
    Excited to start alevels with all my friends
    Yeah that's good. You will have support as well because you're with your friends.

(Original post by I need starbucks)
    My induction day is on the 1st of September and my first actual day is on the 2nd September ~it's so soon now :mute:
    Wow, that is soon.. Holidays have gone so quickly though

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that is soon.. Holidays have gone so quickly though
    Too soon ;__; It feels like the holidays have flown by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaary kasparov)
    is anyone doing the extended project qualification, at the start of year 12 or the end of year 12 /beginning of year13??
    I'm hoping to do it at the start of year 12 , and finish it then so I don't have to worry about it in A2. Not sure what exactly I'm going to do it on but mainly History based.

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself
    I'm [insert name here], hi there.
    What are your hobbies and interests?
    Gaming, pretending to work.
    What subjects are you planning to take?
    Chemistry, Computer Science, Maths and either Further Maths or Physics (idek which one).
    Your favourite subject(s)?
    Computer Science, the normal Sciences and Maths.
    Your ideal future occupation?
    Whatever makes the most money.

ReputationRep:
    Too soon ;__; It feels like the holidays have flown by

Yeah, have you got your college stuff ready?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, have you got your college stuff ready?
    Ummm sort of I've bought some pens and a folder and stuff but I need to buy a bag still ://

ReputationRep:
    Ummm sort of I've bought some pens and a folder and stuff but I need to buy a bag still ://
    Haha, betta buy that quick
    I'm going now, nice talking to you, hopefully we'll talk again sometime.
    Byeee

ReputationRep:
    Haha, betta buy that quick
    I'm going now, nice talking to you, hopefully we'll talk again sometime.
    Byeee
    Ah okaay you too byee

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself
    Hey everyone, I'm Naomi. I know I'm a bit late to join but better late than never!

What are your hobbies and interests?
    My hobbies are drawing, cooking and reading. I'm also learning to play the guitar. No doubt these will all go out the window when year 12 starts!

What subjects are you planning to take?
    I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, French and German because guess what, I like science and languages!

Your favourite subject(s)?
    My favourite subject is either Biology or German.

Your ideal future occupation?
    Hmmm...I want to do either a science or languages degree - Oxford is the dream! If I go down the science route then I'll probably do biomedical sciences and become a research scientist.

ReputationRep:
    God it's so soon now, about one week until my induction and just under two for the real thing. I'm gonna miss the sleeping in. ;-;

But on a brighter note and for those still collecting equipment. I just found a pukka essentials box at Asda for £6 and the contents were most of what I needed and were worth about £10-£12 so just a heads up if anyone needs some good equipment for A-Levels. I know we all love to save money on stuff like this.

How's everyone's equipment collecting going at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I'd be able to get into medicine with 2 A*, 8 A's and 2 B's (which might get contested seeing as in French I had 2 A* in reading and listening, an A in speaking and then a D in writing which is crazy as i was certain I'd done all to get a C at least (the guideline for a C was simply use two tenses- I definitely did that! I'm thinking perhaps they lost one of the two courseworks?)
    My mum spoke to a doctor the other day at her work and he seems to think I'll be fine since there will be less applicants to medicine when I apply since the junior doctor crisis recently. A friend says she knows a med student that got C's at GCSE but I find that unbelievable.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.