Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an idea - how about not playing the adhan for every prayer, rather just for the Jum'ah friday prayers. Only once a week during Midday, not so bad.

But personally, I am against making the adhan 5 times a day. This would only make serve against Muslim interests and only play up much more anti-Muslim sentiments amongst the wider British populace and the whole "Eurabia" crap and is not necessary. At most, a single adhan for the Jum'ah prayers could be sensible perhaps, a once per week thing in a okay timing. Just make sure the Mu'adhin has a beautiful voice so as to not disturb or bother non Muslims and soothe them to an extent.

Also, this move should be accompanied by a huge increase of Mosques engaging in a wide host of positive interactions with non-Muslim British society, and people like Anjem Choudry need to find their greatest enemies not in the English Defense League, but from the Muslim British populace, communities, Mosques, Islamic Scholars, Quranic teachers, and everyday people. The wider British Muslim community should really look up to Sikhs and even try to surpass them in doing things like fundraising for the local homeless shelter, having free kitchens for those who are in need of food, and serving as noted arbiters and peacemakers amongst different communities whether Muslim or non-Muslim. Some of this is already happening, but there is much good and positivism that can be generated from the Muslim community that can overturn alot of the anti-Muslim madness thats been pervasive in some circles. While it is certainly wrong to group Muslims as a monolith, it is necessary that striking a much better relation with the non-Muslim British public as a group will erode alot of negative stereotypes that can't seemingly go away despite what Muslims do. So even though it is unfair, it really is necessary that there is a large consensus amongst British Muslims to act as a group and not be so divided as commanded by the Prophet sw. It's a sad reality when a single Muslim can mess things up for countless others, so an image of in-group cohesiveness projected to the wider British society that works in lockstep in engaging in good relations with their non-Muslim peers and standing against the likes of Anjem is the only way things can improve in our current climate. Many will obviously continue to ignore this in favor of continued denunciation of Muslims and anti-Muslim rhetoric, but they will become a smaller minority as the wider British public takes notice and eventually come to see British Muslims in a much better light.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this is a good idea. I'm Muslim myself and it's such a beautiful thing to hear the adan played out loud when in a Muslim country. However the uk is not a Muslim country. It would be selfish to have the call to prayer be forced upon other faiths esp for prayers such as fajir. If you really want to be reminded of prayer time with the adan use the Muslim pro app. When the prayer comes in it plays the Adan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Please sign the petition if you agree!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/132191

NEVER!
    I am tempted to start a petition to the opposite

ReputationRep:
    I can see no reason for it at all

ReputationRep:
    I see no reason not to allow the call to prayer, but what really ****ing pisses me off, is every ****ing Sunday morning being woken up by the fogies and their bell-ringing at my local CoE Church like piss off I don't wanna ****ing hear it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by augustusboi)
    I have an idea, how about not playing the adhan for every prayer, rather just for the Jum'ah friday prayers. Only once a week during Midday, not so bad.

But personally, I am against making the adhan 5 times a day. This would only make serve against Muslim interests and only play up much more anti-Muslim sentiments amongst the wider British populace and the whole "Eurabia" crap and is not necessary. At most, a single adhan for the Jum'ah prayers could be sensible perhaps, a once per week thing in a okay timing. Just make sure the Mu'adhin has a beautiful voice so as to not disturb or bother non Muslims and soothe them to an extent.
    How about we do not have any islamic calls at all.
    If you want one get yourself a phone and a app that reminds you when you need to go and pray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    How about we do not have any islamic calls at all.
    If you want one get yourself a phone and a app that reminds you when you need to go and pray.
    It would be ok if it's Friday evening once a week to remind me to get a kebab, but please not in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sexathlete)
    It would be ok if it's Friday evening once a week to remind me to get a kebab, but please not in the morning
    Ahahahha. Call to Kebab.

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahha. Call to Kebab.
    :angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridocyclitis)
    I agree - it shows we are a tolerant country which welcomes multiculturalism and promotes freedom of religion.
    We should let Muslims practise stoning next

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    No chance
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Not a chance in hell. See, this is one of the various reasons why people dislike Islam: it demands special treatment in non-Muslim countries. Imagine if the same was asked about Christianity in the Middle East, despite their not-insignificant population you'd be lucky not to be arrested for even suggesting the idea!
    (Original post by Napp)
    For anyone who has ever heard this blasted thing it is exceptionally loud and irritating. Sod every having it here.
    (Original post by inhuman)
    What the actual ****?If it pisses these idiots off so much to see Christmas decorations, for sure they can't at the same time want to bombard us with that filth?
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Maybe in an area where the vast majority of people are Muslim (like some places in tower hamlets) it would be fine but I wouldn't want it in somewhere like central London or a non-Muslim area.
    (Original post by Harold Godwinson)
    If it was up to me, given recent events and the callous actions of people who call themselves Muslims. I would shut down all mosques and ban the Islamic "faith" in the UK. And may I add we are all untitled to our own opinions.
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Hahahaha yeah no I'd rather swim in the Ganges with an infected nipple than sign.
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Ahahahahaah **** no
    Over my dead body. Would rather leave this country if anything like this happens
    (Original post by McDonough)
    As much as it pains me to say, a move like this might continue to fuel the already growing far right in this country. Thinking about it pragmatically, it's not a good time to introduce something like this sadly.
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    This idea disgusts me. The UK is not and will never be a Muslim country, your religion may be tolerated but it should never be pandered to.
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    No ****ing chance.

dont know if its been mentioned but it already does happen in tower hamlets, no prizes for guessing the demographic of the area

no wonder its a raging shithole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Please sign the petition if you agree!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/132191

Where is the petition so I can sign NO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Having it on the streets where everyone can hear it is so much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then please move to Saudi Arabia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Then please move to Saudi Arabia.
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    We should let Muslims practise stoning next
    *"honour killing"

ReputationRep:
    Like other muslims have said, this isn't a good idea. The morning call would piss more people off causing more distance between muslims and themselves. How about we simply find out what time it is to pray, put an alarm or use an app and pray at home or go to your mosque. I don't know why the loud call is needed when everything works fine now. This will cause more harm than good, especially with these times. Hopefully, an arab/islamic ruled country will become a secular state, send a good message out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    *"honour killing"
    "savagery"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IYGB)
    NEVER!
    I am tempted to start a petition to the opposite
    do it!

you already have the call to prayer blasted a few times a day from mosques in some area of the country, its absolute *******s that it is allowed in a country like England
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Get ****ed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcde3237)
    do it!

you already have the call to prayer blasted a few times a day from mosques in some area of the country, its absolute *******s that it is allowed in a country like England
    Could you imagine Christians having the nerve to ring church bells in Saudia Arabia? They wouldn't get out alive

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.