Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Results Day - 25th August 2016 - Grade Boundaries Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Two UMS from the A* in biology and three UMS from the A* in RE, are either worth being remarked or not and how much does it tend to cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa23)
    I have the worst luck wow . Would it be wise to apply for a remark or is that unlikely to make a difference
    Who knows. Your mark could move up/down or stay the same. However, since it is a high B, it wouldn't matter if it did move down. Also, you could have more chance of moving up since only 1 UMS mark is needed as opposed to 5 UMS marks. Ask your school to see whether they would agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think its worth remarking geography unit 3 as im 7 ums from getting an A*?
    In my other units i got: out of 100 each
    Unit 1: 98 - A*
    Unit 2: 93 - A*
    Unit 3: 77 - B
    Unit 4: 85 - A

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that my English Language (CIE) and Maths (EDEXCEL) don't have my marks on my results sheet?? I'd like to see the grade boundaries and see how close i was a to the next grade but i can't
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Crabber25)
    Why is it that my English Language (CIE) and Maths (EDEXCEL) don't have my marks on my results sheet?? I'd like to see the grade boundaries and see how close i was a to the next grade but i can't
    You probably did the linear spec for Maths, and there is no UMS for linear stuff. You'll need to ask if your teacher has the raw marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    You probably did the linear spec for Maths, and there is no UMS for linear stuff. You'll need to ask if your teacher has the raw marks.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got 57 percentage uniform mark which is a D in Cambridge IGCSE English language (0522). I was wondering how many marks am I off a C.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find the CIE grade boundaries?!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  404.6 KB Both these papers were out of 50 why is the grade low it doesnt match up with the grade boundaries, is there something else included??

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused as to how the boundaries for art and design (4201/1 and 4201/2) work?

ReputationRep:
    Im so confused last time i took Edexcel maths A liner Higher i got 34 points which was a D and this time i got 40 and a C but i dont know how this works out to what the GB's are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetCheeks18)
    Hey guys, congrats to everyone for making it through your GCSEs!! I'm in year 10 (well 11 now) so this is me next year but in June I did sit one GCSE - edexcel statistics.

I haven't got my results yet since my school was pretty uninformative when it comes to important things. Nothing was announced to me about results day so I assumed that going in to collect result was just a year 11 thing. :erm:

Anyway.

I'm trying to work out how many marks I'll need for an A/A*. The UMS and Raw mark thing confuses me so much, if someone could explain it, that would be lovely. I got 28/40 marks in my controlled assessment which equals 40 UMS. How do I work out from here how many marks I'll need for an A or A* or anything?

The way I see it, A* = 180 UMS.
    180 - 40 = 140 UMS.
    140 UMS > 135 so I'll need the next one up which is 150 UMS which is equal to FULL MARKS.

Someone please tell me I don't need full marks in this paper for an A* because I stupidly messed up my coursework. :please:

(Sorry for the long post guys, this is my frustrated mind, thinking about this at 6 in the morning. :argh:)

Edit: screenshot of the grade boundaries.
    Attachment 575644
    Anybody? I really don't understand the UMS thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, congrats to everyone for making it through your GCSEs!!

I'm in year 10 (well 11 now) so this is me next year but in June I did sit one GCSE - edexcel statistics.
    I haven't got my results yet since my school was pretty uninformative when it comes to important things. Nothing was announced to me about results day so I assumed that going in to collect result was just a year 11 thing.

Anyway.

I'm trying to work out how many marks I'll need for an A/A*. The UMS and Raw mark thing confuses me so much, if someone could explain it, that would be lovely.

I got 28/40 marks in my controlled assessment which equals 40 UMS. How do I work out from here how many marks I'll need for an A or A* or anything?

The way I see it, A* = 180 UMS.
    180 - 40 = 140 UMS
    140 UMS > 135 so I'll need the next one up which is 150 UMS which is equal to FULL MARKS.

Someone tell me I don't need full marks in this paper for A* start because I stupidly messed up my coursework.

(Sorry for the long post guys, this is my frustrated mind.)

ReputationRep:

Goodbye to this part of the forum forever!

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused with the AQA website. I was checking up the grade boundaries but hat I got was completely different and usually over the maximum grade. Is this because mine was graded with the UMS method or is it just strange? For example with D&T: Resistant Materials Tech Unit 2 (45602) I got 156 which is a C, yet the maximum mark is 90 etc. If they did grade it with the UMS (I'm sorry if I'm sounding stupid I just don't understand this at all xD) then would there be alternative links or? It's quite frustrating as well because 7 of my exams with AQA. I understood the OCR website as it had both so I just took the one that seemed more appropriate. And also on my results sheet I didn't have my individual Math exams, or the marks- only the grade (which was a C). it was the EDEXL/GC 1MA0H Mathematics A (Linear) Option H.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused? I got 64 marks on unit 2 of religious studies (A), and 62 on unit 3 (A) but I only got a C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadeanscombe1)
    I'm really confused? I got 64 marks on unit 2 of religious studies (A), and 62 on unit 3 (A) but I only got a C?
    64 and 62 are the ums marks

ReputationRep:
    I can't find my EDEXCEL maths 1MA0H GCSE grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    Hi could someone please tell me what my daughter would of needed to get a c in her English language paper OCR X thank you X

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.