Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Results: Post your GCSE results! 25th August 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got 9 A*'s (Maths, English language & literature, biology, physics, chemistry, RS, german, classical civilisation) and 1 A (History) but I was only a few marks off the A* so I'm getting a remark for that.. I'm so happy though!

ReputationRep:
    Very happy with my results ! I got 6 A*s 4 As and an A^ ( grade above A* )

A^ - further maths

A* - maths , chemistry , biology , physics , religious studies , history

A - english language, english literature , french , media studies

Got the best in my year !

Well done everybody!

ReputationRep:
    First time posting here, thought it would be the ideal time to shout about what was (kinda) indelibly glaring out at me this morning.

English Literature (did last year): predicted A or A* / achieved B

English Language: A (thought I might get A*) / A

Maths: B / B (ironic that me moving down a set lifted my predicted grade from a C)

Core Science (did last year): A / B

Additional Science: A / B(in both Sciences, Biology: A* / B, Chemistry: A / A, Physics: B / C)

Geography: A / A (Paper 1: A / B, Paper 2: A / A*, Coursework: B / A)

ICT: A / B (Exam: A* / A*, Coursework: B / C)

Spanish: B / A (Units respectively: B, A, A, A*)

RE: A / A (P1: A / B, P2: A / A)

Travel and Tourism: Distinction*

Comments and reactions

First off, it was quite coincidental I got the same grades in both Sciences one year after the next!

Looking at my ICT UMS mark, I was 2 off an A. Should I apply for a remark, and if so, in the exam, coursework (2 off a B, which I'm surprised at in the first place as I'm sure my teacher told me it was on the A/B boundary), or both? Furthermore, t'was also close to getting into the higher grade boundary (a couple of marks off) in each RE exam, but the overall UMS mark was nowhere near. Talking about UMS marks, having consulted the AQA UMS mark document, I got the maximum in Human Geography (150), which I am completely surprised by - albeit pleasantly! Also, my exam result sheet said a "2*" for Travel and Tourism; I'm presuming that's a L2 D*?

It is deflating seeing others with higher grades (those replete with A*s), since I've only got the BTEC equivalent of one A*, but I'm pleased with what I've got (or 'content' may be more accurate). My fault; I was too complacent with revision.

Future ambition
    Doing Geography, ICT and Psychology at A Level. No idea what after that, but I've always had a passion for creative writing, so I'd love to explore that.

(Sorry for the long post!)

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so:
    Art: B, as predicted
    Geography: B, 2 GRADES ABOVE PREDICTED!
    English Lit: A
    English Lang: A
    French: A miraculously (the exam was ridiculously hard)
    Chemistry: A (1 mark off an A*, damnit)
    Physics: A
    Further Maths: A
    Biology: A*
    Maths: A*
    Latin: A*

And finally... RS, which I got an A* in - somehow, I managed to get 100% on both papers which means I didn't get a single thing wrong. I have NO IDEA how, but I am not complaining!

After thinking I might only just grab a place in college, I am now absolutely over the moon and happy that most of my friends feel the same. Congratulations to everyone, as no matter what you got you worked hard for it and that counts for a lot

ReputationRep:
    Results
    English language: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    English literature: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Biology: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Chemistry: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Physics: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Philosophy +RE: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Geography: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Spanish: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Media Studies: Predicted A*/ Achieved A*
    Further maths: Predicted A*/ Achieved A^
    AS level Italian: Predicted ?/ Achieved B

Comments and reactions
    Really happy, overall I got 10A*s, 1A^ in further maths, and a B in AS level Italian. Got highest results in my school, really pleased with Italian because I took it outside of school a year early, I spoke no Italian at all nine months ago and I've done the A level on only one hour of lessons a week, so I was expected a U or at best an E. Really happy!

Future ambitions
    Going to college now to do A levels in Spanish, Maths, Further maths, and Geography, and am taking A level Italian a year early next year. Have got my second language now, so I want to do a degree in Spanish, Arabic and Italian in Warwick University, before doing a masters in either translation or forensic linguistics. I then plan to become a translator and/ or forensic linguist, travelling around a bit teaching English as a foreign language, and publishing my own novels. So pleased.

ReputationRep:
    Maths - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    English Language - A*
    R.S - A*
    Graphic Products - A*
    Geography - A*
    Latin Language - A*
    Latin Literature - A*
    Music - A* (taken in year 10)
    English Literature - A (taken in year 10)

Overall: 11A*s 1A

Comments: Overall I'm extremely happy with my results, I was not expecting them. I was jumping and screaming like a maniac for 10 minutes

Future Ambitions: I'm aiming to study medicine at Oxford, wishing for the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Yeah
    ahhhh so happy for you, well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    ahhhh so happy for you, well done!
    You too! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Maths: Predicted B / Achieved B
    German: Predicted B / Achieved C
    ICT: Predicted A / Achieved A
    RS: Predicted A / Achieved B
    Geography: Predicted A / Achieved D
    Biology: Predicted A / Achieved C
    Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved C
    Physics: Predicted B / Achieved C
    English Lang: Predicted B / Achieved B
    English Lit: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Computing: Predicted C / Achieved B

Comments and reactions
    I don't really know what to think! My targets make it look like i should be super upset but honestly, i feel like they reflect what happened on the exam days. Apparently everyone suffered a grade or so due to the mark scheme so i'll take my grades with pride! Will probably get a few remarked though because i'm a couple of marks off the next grade and you never know! Also would be useful if Chem could move up to a B because i need a B to get into Chemsitry A level

Future ambitions
    Do A levels in Chemistry, Computing, Drama and Theatre Studies and English Lit and an Additional Study in Creative Writing. If i can't do Chemistry, i will either take on another A level (maybe Heath and Social Care) or Additional Studies BSL. Then study English Lit in Uni and try and become a published writer or an English teacher.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused. Looking through all these posts. Why is everyone disappointed by only getting a few A / A*'s. b's and C's are still amazing. GCSE's are t useful for anything so stop beating yourself over grades which many people dream of but aren't naturally able to achieve them.

ReputationRep:
    Results

Predicted:-

Maths: A*
    English Language: A*
    English Literature: A*Biology: B
    Chemistry: A*Physics: A*
    History: A
    Geography: A*
    Religious Studies: A*
    Latin: A*
    German: A*

Achieved:-
    Maths: A*English Language: A*English Literature: A* Biology: A*Chemistry: A* Physics: A*History: A*Geography: A*Religious Studies: A*Latin: A*German: A*

Comments and reactions
    Completely in shock over these results - was definitely not expecting this in Biology because I struggled so much with it! Really happy because I have secured my place at the sixth form I was really hoping to go to but which had such high offers.

Future ambitions
    Chemistry teacher!

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Maths: Predicted (Edexcel iGCSE) A* / Achieved A*
    Further Maths (AQA iGCSE): Predicted A** / Achieved A**(A* with distinction)
    Biology (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Physics (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Chemistry (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    English Language (CIE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    English Literature (CIE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    German (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Spanish (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Music (Edexcel): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Drama (OCR): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    History (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A
    Religious Studies (AQA): Predicted A* / Achieved A

11A*s (including FM A* with distinction) and 2As.

Comments and reactions
    Very pleased with my overall results! I thought I had completely mucked up one of my English Literature essays, so I was really surprised when I achieved the A*. Conversely, I thought History had gone really well, so I was a tad disappointed at the A grade (though I may get a remark as I got 89 UMS, and I was one mark off A*). I expected worse in RS, though surprisingly I got 100 UMS in one of the papers (and 76 in the other), so I got an A overall, which I am not too bothered about. Still, I can't really complain with a set of results like those!

Future ambitions
    I'm going to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology A-levels, and hopefully study Natural Sciences at Cambridge, or a physics degree at a Russel Group University if I don't make it. More long term, I would like to get a Physics PhD and become a research physicist, but I may peel off into engineering, or even music!

I hope everyone got the results they wanted, and even if you didn't quite get the results you were hoping for, you will still be able to do so much great stuff! Have a great evening!

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Edexcel GCSE Mathematic A Higher - C
    Edexcel IGCSE Economics - B
    Edexcel IGCSE Physics - B
    Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry - E
    Edexcel IGCSE ICT - A
    Comments and reactions
    Should help balance out all the high results on this thread, Really disappointed with Maths as I was expecting a high B and ICT as I was expecting an A* and both exams were really easy! I was expecting to fail chemistry but not that badly!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I hope today went well for everyone. I thought I'd do this, I don't really know why.

Results
    English lit.: Predicted A* / Achieved A
    English language: Predicted A* / Achieved A
    Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Physics: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Latin: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    History: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    German: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    French: Predicted A* / Achieved A*

Comments and reactions
    I'm really happy. I know that my results were lower than my predicted grades but I always thought those were too high and never actually expected to get that. Luckily, I did better than I thought I had done.

Future ambitions
    I don't know what I want to do exactly but it will be something to do with biology. I am doing biology, chemistry, maths and german for Alevel next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodie_mort)
    its psychology, i've been watching videos and making notes for about a week now. Do you think this will help me?
    Yes, I suggest making notes from various sources and making sure that you understand them fully. Then, your English needs to be good. The essay is the most important thing and the examiners can be really arsy 😔

ReputationRep:
    Maths A*
    English Literature A*
    English Language A*
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A*
    Physics A*
    History A*
    Latin A*
    German A*
    Music A*
    Religious Studies A*

Overall: 11A*

Extremely surprised but super pleased! Well done to everybody for their results!

ReputationRep:
    Results
    English Lit: Predicted A*/ Achieved A
    English Lang: Predicted A* / Achieved A
    Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Science: Predicted B / Achieved B
    Drama: Predicted A* / Achieved A
    Spanish: Predicted C / Achieved B
    Business: Predicted A / Achieved B
    RS: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    History: Predicted U / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
    A lot of mixed emotions :/

Future ambitions
    Doing Maths, English lit, Psychology and Geography for A level so we'll see
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueberryViolin)
    Extremely surprised but super pleased! Well done to everybody for their results!
    Fantastic results, many congratulations! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Results
    English Language: Predicted A / Achieved A*
    English Literature: Predicted A / Achieved A*
    Computing: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Physics: Predicted A / Achieved A*
    Mathematics: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Spanish: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Geography: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    Art: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
    RE: Predicted A* / Achieved A*

Comments and Reactions
    Honestly so shocked, was not expecting straight A* whatsoever, considering how tough the boundaries were too. Our school was so weak with English I thought I had a B in English Language. Just goes to show that hard work and determination really do pay off!

Future Ambitions
    Oxbridge probably. I like stuff such as Physics, Engineering and Computer Science.

ReputationRep:
    First of all in my opinion - anything above and including a C is wonderful, so well done everyone.

Second of all, my results are pretty average, but academics isn't my forte anyway - so I'm pleased with my results. Performing Arts is my area of strength. (The Drama grade says otherwise but there were circumstances with a certain member of staff, let's not go into too much detail but let's just say said person got the sack. I'm lucky I was one of the only 2/12 people in our Drama group to pass, should have gotten at least a B but what happens happens. ) Without further stalling, here are my grades:

English Language: B (Higher)
    English Literature: C (Higher)
    Maths: C (Foundation)
    Core Science: C (Higher, that stupid Biology exam let me down for a B haha, did awesome in Chem though, got B's in both Unit 1 and 2 which was unexpected, thanks so much Miss Good hehe!)
    Additional Science: C (Higher)
    French: C (Foundation)
    Geography: C (Foundation)
    Drama: C (Not exam based...)

BTEC Level 2;
    ECDL IT: Distinction* (Yay! )
    Public Services: Merit

Honestly, given my personal problems at the time, I think I've done alright. I got all my GCSE's A*-C! (that's including my BTEC's haha) I'm proud of myself, at the end of the day I was never an A* student in the first place and I wasn't expecting to get any grades of the sort - I was sure I would fail (In my eyes, D and below is a "fail") a good handful of my subjects because of what happened at the time, if anyone is wondering and how exactly I got through it, drop me a PM! But I pulled through and to me, that within itself is a personal achievement. Well done everyone, A*-C or not we all tried and you should be proud of that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.