Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would your reaction be if your son came out as a transgender? Watch

(Original post by yrogerG)
    do not talk upon maters in which your knowledge is surpassed by the average (educated) person. To give an opinion, as if it were a fact, is childish at best. Thus, please do not let your foul demeanour permeate a discussion that is best left to those who are versed in such matters.
    Your statements lack benevolence, and must thereforebe backed by actuality. Of which, very little is apparent.
    I'm not taking sides, but this one of the things I hate about TSR - posters labouriously going through dictionaries, in order to sound as pompous as possible, in a misguided attempt to sound "grown-up".

It is especially painful when their username is "Gregory" backwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    If you don't have a son, pretend that you do...
    Daughter*

ReputationRep:
    All I know is that I would be upset.

ReputationRep:
    im not sure how I'd feel but the people in this thread claiming they would disown their children and kick them out the house while also citing suicide statistics are unbelievably retarded lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I'm not taking sides, but this one of the things I hate about TSR - posters labouriously going through dictionaries, in order to sound as pompous as possible, in a misguided attempt to sound "grown-up".

It is especially painful when their username is "Gregory" backwards.
    It is not an attempt to sound 'grown up'. I simply speak and write as I was taught to, and I think you mean a thesaurus, not a dictionary, but that is hardly the point I am making. Just because my diction is different to yours does not imply that I am 'laboriously going through dictionaries', it simply implies that I speak differently.
    And dare I ask, why does my username being my middle name backwards make it more painful? And why would I want to sound 'grown-up'
    But there is no point in bickering about it under this thread so please understand that I do not wish to sound derogatory, and I certainly do not want to argue over my diction.

ReputationRep:
    It is not an attempt to sound 'grown up'. I simply speak and write as I was taught to, and I think you mean a thesaurus, not a dictionary, but that is hardly the point I am making. Just because my diction is different to yours does not imply that I am 'laboriously going through dictionaries', it simply implies that I speak differently.
    And dare I ask, why does my username being my middle name backwards make it more painful? And why would I want to sound 'grown-up'
    But there is no point in bickering about it under this thread so please understand that I do not wish to sound derogatory, and I certainly do not want to argue over my diction.
    🔥🔥🔥

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    all 3 of my kids are boys, if any of them came out as transgender, my response would be

"cool, just dont steal my clothes"
    This world needs more cool people like you

ReputationRep:
    I'd take him handbag and shoe shopping, then paint his nails and do his hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.