My Year 10 Revision Thread To A* 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Averageteen)
    I think everyones at the other one
    which one ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peeked)
    In biology we did like genes and inhereitance and stuff, and in chemistry like atmosphere and activaition energy for certain reactions.
    I got 16/20 in my chemistry which was one of the highest which i was quite please about, although i am gonna start revising a lot more after school because I really want those high grades
    Thats good i have a biology test based on infections and diseases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    I have coloured all my books in highlighters

Now I remember everything on that page when I think of that colour

Kind Regards, Rhythm
    Ohh cool great xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    Ohh cool great xD
    You should try it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sardonic Zarah)
    Most year 10s are on my thread tbh
    what is ur thread ill check it out

ReputationRep:
    ty nice thread as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    You should try it
    Ohh k

ReputationRep:
    No need to show off man but this my own thread so you can just go off and back offf to go on your own thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peeked)
    ty nice thread as well
    so you gonna go there instead ?

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a parents evening with all of my subject teachers and what a lot of them is saying is to start making notes now. In 2 years we'll want to be revising not making the notes to revise from. So after each lesson take our book home and just make the notes from that lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlypower9)
    I've just had a parents evening with all of my subject teachers and what a lot of them is saying is to start making notes now. In 2 years we'll want to be revising not making the notes to revise from. So after each lesson take our book home and just make the notes from that lesson.
    Thats what im doing i think your new here i hope parents evening went well and also what subjects you taking and what books you got ordered and any suggestion/recommendations xD

ReputationRep:
    I had tests this week has anyone else got theirs this week or you already done and know your results?

ReputationRep:
    I had tests this week has anyone else got theirs this week or you already done and know your results?
    I've had loads of tests aswell. I should be getting my maths,history and english results tommorow.
    The only results ive gotten is science and ict
    I got 18/60 in ict which is horrible but considering we only had 5 weeks to learn it and the only content we learnt was input n output devices it was quite good.
    And in physics i got a 6 which is alright

ReputationRep:
    Thats what im doing i think your new here i hope parents evening went well and also what subjects you taking and what books you got ordered and any suggestion/recommendations xD
    I've been in the thread for a while but haven't posted much.
    Thank you. It did go well. My teachers praised me and three of them said they wanted a class full of me.
    I have took:
    English Lit and Lang- AQA
    Maths and Possibly Additional Maths- AQA
    Chemistry- Edexcel
    Physics-Edexcel
    Biology- Edexcel
    Spanish- Edexcel
    Geography- OCR
    Business-OCR
    Philosophy and Ethics-OCR
    I have not ordered any books yet but I am going to buy the AQA CGP English Language Revision Gyide and workbook in the next few days hopefully since I have that exam this year (year 10- may/June) and a trial exam soon. Also in November this year my teacher will be selling the OCR Geography Revision Guide and workbook. I probably won't buy any books until either the school tell us to or sell them us or until next year before mocks and trials. Have you got any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    I've been in the thread for a while but haven't posted much.
    Thank you. It did go well. My teachers praised me and three of them said they wanted a class full of me.
    I have took:
    English Lit and Lang- AQA
    Maths and Possibly Additional Maths- AQA
    Chemistry- Edexcel
    Physics-Edexcel
    Biology- Edexcel
    Spanish- Edexcel
    Geography- OCR
    Business-OCR
    Philosophy and Ethics-OCR
    I have not ordered any books yet but I am going to buy the AQA CGP English Language Revision Gyide and workbook in the next few days hopefully since I have that exam this year (year 10- may/June) and a trial exam soon. Also in November this year my teacher will be selling the OCR Geography Revision Guide and workbook. I probably won't buy any books until either the school tell us to or sell them us or until next year before mocks and trials. Have you got any recommendations?
    If you do AQA english literature and doing the inspector calls then the revsion book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forre)
    I've had loads of tests aswell. I should be getting my maths,history and english results tommorow.
    The only results ive gotten is science and ict
    I got 18/60 in ict which is horrible but considering we only had 5 weeks to learn it and the only content we learnt was input n output devices it was quite good.
    And in physics i got a 6 which is alright
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm taking:
    English Language and Literature
    Maths
    Triple science
    Russian
    Latin
    Geography
    Computer science

ReputationRep:
    If you do AQA english literature and doing the inspector calls then the revsion book
    Yes I will be doing that but as I'm focusing on my English Language at the moment and haven't started the Literature I'm not going to buy that book until we start learning it 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by disconnectable)
    Hi!
    I'm taking:
    English Language and Literature
    Maths
    Triple science
    Russian
    Latin
    Geography
    Computer science
    ohh nicee to meet you how you dooing in school with these subject have you got a textbook for triple science also what you doing in geography

ReputationRep:
    Yes I will be doing that but as I'm focusing on my English Language at the moment and haven't started the Literature I'm not going to buy that book until we start learning it 😊
    what you doing in English language ?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.