Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Unpopular Opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

Too long fam. See neomasculinism, plus this thread, and this post, FYR
    Hmm, I have say I disagree with what was on the 'Neomasculism' site/post, for numerous reasons, not all of them particularly to do with Feminism.

I see what you're getting in the thread, although I don't really agree with the fact that the 'nuclear family' is the best family, whether you were insinuating that or not, I don't know.

And, I disagree with the majority of the last post.

But, then again this is supposed to be 'Unpopular Opinions', not, 'My Opinions are...'.

ReputationRep:
    A hobnob should never be dunked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    A hobnob should never be dunked.
    That's damn right.

ReputationRep:
    I hate X factor and Britains got talent and all of those types of shows

ReputationRep:
    I think we should leave single market, EU all together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I don't really agree with the fact that the 'nuclear family' is the best family
    It's the best we've got in terms of health and wellness outcomes. Actually, more communitarian and primitive/tribal guardianship is probably optimal for all concerned, but sadly we've moved away from these origins, as a species/civilisation

I disagree with the majority of the last post
    Well you would do, like the majority of young people these days you've been programmed to confuse libtard propaganda for genuine, evidence based humanitarian progressivism, and told that we're all essentially the same :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's the best we've got in terms of health and wellness outcomes. Actually, more communitarian and primitive/tribal guardianship is probably optimal for all concerned, but sadly we've moved away from these origins, as a species/civilisation

Well you would do, like the majority of young people these days you've been programmed to confuse libtard propaganda for genuine, evidence based humanitarian progressivism, and told that we're all essentially the same :dontknow:
    Not really. My family is 'nuclear', but we still have many problems relating to what you mentioned.

And, I have to say I do like living in a Western Society, where sex isn't demonised to the extent it is in other societies, and where we are more conscientious. Sometimes the latter is too much though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Yeah....that's not unpopular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Alright.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. My family is 'nuclear', but we still have many problems relating to what you mentioned
    Being a nuclear family is indeed no guarantee a particular family unit will not have problems, but that's rather besides the point

I do like living in a Western Society, where sex isn't demonised to the extent it is in other societies, and where we are more conscientious. Sometimes the latter is too much though
    You're drawing a false dichotemy. Some liberalism is good for health and well-being, but it should be sensibly measured, sustained, and paced, so as to be sustainable, rather than completely barred, or (increasingly) anything goes.

We have opened up Pandora's box with women's liberation, with the ramifications ranging from the most obvious impacts e.g. on male and female psychological well-being, trust, and relationship quality decline, through matrimonial and familial stability (and associated impacts on affected children/future generations), to essentially inviting groups like ISIS to take over portions of the so called 'developed world' and arguably inviting our own destruction (and the victimisation of our women, ironically enough)

ReputationRep:
    Being a nuclear family is indeed no guarantee a particular family unit will not have problems, but that's rather besides the point

You're drawing a false dichotemy. Some liberalism is good for health and well-being, but it should be sensibly measured, sustained, and paced, so as to be sustainable, rather than completely barred, or (increasingly) anything goes.

We have opened up Pandora's box with women's liberation, with the ramifications ranging from the most obvious impacts e.g. on male and female psychological well-being, trust, and relationship quality decline, through matrimonial and familial stability (and associated impacts on affected children/future generations), to essentially inviting groups like ISIS to take over portions of the so called 'developed world' and arguably inviting our own destruction (and the victimisation of our women, ironically enough)

I kind of stopped watching, when the generalisations were made.

But, cheers for your contribution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    thats a popular opinion :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I kind of stopped watching, when the generalisations were made
    Oh, sociological trends offend thee? I'm sorry. Too much real tea for one day :tea:

But, cheers for your contribution
    You're welcome, maybe come back to it in a few years time eh :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    That's not an unpopular opinion since the majority of Britain voted for that (me included).

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sociological trends offend thee? I'm sorry. Too much real tea for one day :tea:

You're welcome, maybe come back to it in a few years time eh :yy:
    Nope, it's just I judge people on a case-by-case basis, not just assume stuff because of what gender they are.

And, sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    That's not an unpopular opinion since the majority of Britain voted for that (me included).
    Leave my thread please.

ReputationRep:
    Leave my thread please.
    Name:  spongebob.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  2.2 KB Name:  spongebob.jpg
Size:  2.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  spongebob.jpg
Size:  2.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Listen here, cupcake, I am everything opposite to you and you should be thankful for that. We're like buddies.

ReputationRep:
    Listen here, cupcake, I am everything opposite to you and you should be thankful for that. We're like buddies.
    'Cupcake' lol.
    And, I'm not really thankful, as you're f***ing up my thread!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.