Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    It's a unique number that identifies a computer on a network, something like 192.168.0.1 for example.
    Is it actualy unique anymore - I always thought it was meant to be but what with forging of IP addresses, etc is it always unique now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Is it actualy unique anymore - I always thought it was meant to be but what with forging of IP addresses, etc is it always unique now?
    nah most of the time its not unique. even wesites sometiome change their ip address..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I dunno, ask Richard . Evidently I too thought they were meant to be unique (especially as you get conflicts if 2 machines on a network have the same IP).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    It's a unique number that identifies a computer on a network, something like 192.168.0.1 for example.
    lol, I thank you both for trying to explain it to me.. but it went in one ear and out the other.. lol. I can use comps, I can do trouble shooting myself, I can fix problems that don't require a great deal of comp knowledge.. BUT I can't do the technical crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    lol, I thank you both for trying to explain it to me.. but it went in one ear and out the other.. lol. I can use comps, I can do trouble shooting myself, I can fix problems that don't require a great deal of comp knowledge.. BUT I can't do the technical crap.
    lol trust me mate you're better than most people. you should see the teacher at my school :rolleyes: one of the supply teachers didnt know how to close a window :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walk By)
    lol trust me mate you're better than most people. you should see the teacher at my school :rolleyes: one of the supply teachers didnt know how to close a window :rolleyes:
    lmao!

ReputationRep:
    Its basically something used to searches for if you wanted to find a particular computer. Its known as the primary key (I think IP is one anyway) - just in case you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    here you go

http://www.google.com/search?q=defin...utf-8&oe=utf-8

ReputationRep:
    lmao!
    I've never known what that means. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    i think its laugh my arse off or something??

ReputationRep:
    i think its laugh my arse off or something??
    Thanks for enlightening me Walk by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    lol, laugh my aZZ off. and if someone says.. rotf.. rolling on floor.. then put in.. lmao.. and there you go.. got a whole sentence outta letters.

ReputationRep:
    lol, laugh my aZZ off. and if someone says.. rotf.. rolling on floor.. then put in.. lmao.. and there you go.. got a whole sentence outta letters.
    (nuff said)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    (nuff said)
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    Walk By did you like Finding Nemo?

ReputationRep:
    Walk By did you like Finding Nemo?
    yep watch it so many times!

ReputationRep:
    yep watch it so many times!
    BUBBLES!

ReputationRep:
    BUBBLES!
    i love finding nemo too!!

ReputationRep:
    Now that i think about it, i was on last night, and they had already started messing with vienna avatar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swim By)
    i love finding nemo too!!
    heehee.. "AHHH!! something's got me!"
    "Its just me!"
    "Who, who're you? Are you my conscience?"
    "Yes, thats right, I'm your conscience, we haven't spoken in a while, how are you?"
    "Hmm, can't complain!"

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.