Turn on thread page Beta

Pakistani Muslims please help.... Muslim girl dating a white guy watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    No, it is actually a combination of both. The way that apostates should be treated is emphasised in some detail in the Sahih Hadith for example. Hidden problem that it may be- you have absolutely no idea of the hordes of Muslims within the UK alone who are losing their faith and the incredible misery they have to undergo.
    I don't follow the hadith and to be honest I think muslims shouldn't take the hadith as seriously as they currently do. I think It can be read but with caution and we should use our own judgement to see what parts should be followed. Thats my interpretation of Islam but I know many muslims probably wouldn't agree with me. My siblings are agnostic but they didn't have to go through anything, I mean my parents were upset and tried to convince them to believe in Islam again but now they've left them alone. They treat them exactly the same as they used to when they were muslim. Muslims are all different I don't think its logical to generalise every single one based on the ones we come across, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    I don't follow the hadith and to be honest I think muslims shouldn't take the hadith as seriously as they currently do. I think It can be read but with caution and we should use our own judgement to see what parts should be followed. Thats my interpretation of Islam but I know many muslims probably wouldn't agree with me. My siblings are agnostic but they didn't have to go through anything, I mean my parents were upset and tried to convince them to believe in Islam again but now they've left them alone. They treat them exactly the same as they used to when they were muslim. Muslims are all different I don't think its logical to generalise every single one based on the ones we come across, don't you think?
    "Muslims are different"- I essentially agree with you. The more non-practising a Muslim is, the more he/she is likely to be a decent human being with progressive ideals.

The hadith tells you how many times to pray, the vast majority of jurisprudence is derived from it and much of the Quran doesn't make much sense about it. The vast majority of Sunni Islamic practices (quoted because those are the ones I know most about) are derived from hadith.

You seem intelligent. I hope you will continue to do your research, watch debates and increase your skepticism from the Hadith to the Quran itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
    I see the muslim hating bozos have arrived
    I think a better term would be rational human beings who don't believe in a combination of ancient Arab mythology and pre-Islamic monotheism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    Would he consider converting? They might be more open to it if he was Muslim.
    Failing that, you could always convert to become a white C.O.E girl?

Oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
    I see the muslim hating bozos have arrived
    I wonder how many of these haters, actually have managed to get, and sustain a marriage, muslim or otherwise? Not many of us it would seem??

ReputationRep:
    Some more quality autism in this thread from the usual .

Believe me, there is nothing you can do. I remember just joking about marrying a non Muslim and my Mum was dead serious about disowning , kicking me out blah blah :rolleyes: They're not going to come round and it will be ugly you tell them you want to marry him. You'll undoubtedly have to make a choice between backwards Pakistani ideals or what you really want to do. The whole "honour" thing is really important too, you'd think they were ****ing Hanzo from Overwatch 🙄.

Is not about them really now, their reaction is almost fixed, you're the variable, is your choice.

Your best chance of hope is if they come round after your marriage.

Put yourself over your parents and this miserable religion. Or you'll marry some obese "good Pakistani boy who works at the local Asian market" lulla freshie all to appease your parents

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Pakistani but all I'll say is you have ONE life and it's YOUR life. Do you really want to live your one short life doing things to please others?

The way I see it either way you will lose out, you either choose your boyfriend and risk losing your parents or you choose your parents and risk losing the best man you may have had in your life

So what you need to do is weigh up your options, which is the lesser of two evils?
    And from my prespective it seems that the lesser of two evils would be to choose your boyfriend

Why? Because if you leave him you'll get your parents back but you'll spend the rest of your life resenting them and your culture.
    Plus you said your family MAY disown you, there's no guarantees that they will. And even if they do there's nothing to say that they won't come back to you some day. Your family love you and they are your parents, I think after enough time they will regret turning their back on you for the sake of something as stupid as culture and will want their daughter back.... Especially if you have kids someday, trust me nothing rekindles a broken relationship between child and parent more than when they discover they have grandchildren!

ReputationRep:
    This reads like a post written by someone pretending to be an Asian/Muslim rather than someone who is actually a muslim/Asian. jmo

It seems like every other day one of these posts is started about this same topic. Muslim/non-muslim my family wont allow me to marry....it feels like a really bad attempt at instilling hate between people.

And why should he be the one who's supposed to convert? You all say that the her family would accept him more, but what about HIS FAMILY, don't they have custosm too? You're planning to marry a Brit, and live in England, you're the one who's supposed to convert! No offence, but you and your family should be glad that you have an oppportunity to live the rest of your life with someone in a more open world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Clearly you haven't understood that quranic verse then. Let me explain:
    It is only as a last resort and only a light tap (like you do with friends and fam...like a tap on shoulder). In no way is the husband allowed to leave any sort of mark there...so no redness, no finger prints, no bruises. Everyone always mosunderstands this and say this 'condones beating'
    Just so you know, even though light tapping is allowed... the Prophet has never done this and has actually disuaded it. The way of the prophet is like a commentary for the quran.
    For argument's sake let's say you're right. Isn't there a verse which curses wives if they refuse sex with their husbands?

(Original post by ~scorpio~)
    I agree it can very well happen in both ways, my point was you can't base marriage on love alone without knowing the persons character first.

The Quran doesn't condone wife beating in any shape or form. When cultures have been ruled with misogyny for generations and patriarchy is prevalent, a handful of men are bound to twist a few of verses to suit their interest. I believe all religions have peaceful message.
    She's been dating the guy for years for God's sake. Of course she knows him well enough.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant point. This zamestaneh guy is a control freak and thinks himself the authority on Islam and that anyone who disagrees with him is a troll. he can't face the fact that my marriage to an atheist is permissible whether he likes it or not. he also doesn't want ppl to know that a while back he had a dupe account called Ruh where he was pretending to be a girl so that he could privately talk to and seduce female muslims :rofl:
    get your ridiculous rubbish out of here you hypocrite, yes I know about Ruh . i didn't even say I spoke arabic so your pathetic attempt to show someone's a troll won't work. all of us here know your the troll pretending to be a girl so you could message female muslims, you lying munafiq
    Ah so you are on of the ex-Muslims hiding behind anonymous :rolleyes:

It isn't about speaking Arabic, it's about being able to read it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The level of Kufr and Jahiliyyah in this thread by people who say they are Muslims is disheartening.

(Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Ah so you are on of the ex-Muslims hiding behind anonymous :rolleyes:

It isn't about speaking Arabic, it's about being able to read it :lol:
    who said I'm an ex muslim (?) ive said very clearly on this thread that im a muslim woman. consider the possibility that information about your duplicitous behaviour has reached more ears and eyes that you're probably aware of..

ReputationRep:
    you english people are so pathetic.... all you do is judge each other....some of you even act like you're from a different culture when you were actually born here raised watching english telly and learning from english schools. get over yourselves you're not pakistani or indian, unless you were actually born and raised there. where are you all from again?? thats right ENGLAND. its good that asian culture places honour higher than anything else because we need different civilisations like this around the world that offer different living environments. However this is england not asia, you were raised in a culture that has no concept of honour, people in england love to embarrass themselves and lose honour. Its time you accepted this and stopped following a culture from the other side of the world. People in england aren't going to follow cultural traditions that are based tens of thousands of miles away, and if you do really want to live like a pakistani then youre probably in the wrong country.

in england it is perfectly normal for christians to marry jews, atheists, muslims you name it - we've been marrying people from other religions and cultures for thousands of years and if a couple of salty parents cant recognise what country theyre in then thats their problem and not the married couples. in england if the people are happy then there is no reason for them to not marry, any excuse from the parents or close friends to stop the marriage is selfish behaviour and poeple understand that if friends or parents dont want you to be happy then it explicitly means they dont have your best interests at heart. i would suggest to your salty parents that they either 1) realise they live in a white country and that joining white families is an inevitable consequence of moving there 2) go back to pakistan if they love honour so much (seriously, england is the least honourable place in the world) 3) give this white boy a chance before judging him...

just wanted to saying to all you self declared 'asian muslims' that you're more english than you realise lol it sounds like youre all in denial trying to hold on to the honour of your parents/grandparents asian culture while living in a cesspool of white man **** get over yourselves, a life without honour is worth living when you're on this *****y island lol you only live once anyway im sure there are good white boys out there somewhere just stop pretending that you live in asia lol it doesnt fly here

ReputationRep:
    The level of Kufr and Jahiliyyah in this thread by people who say they are Muslims is disheartening.
    If what the person above says is true (and you havent denied it)- it's also pretty concerning to see a guy who's a hardcore Muslim one minute and disguising himself as a female to get off on girls the next

ReputationRep:
    I read kufr as kulfi? :I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~scorpio~)
    In Islam there is no issue with interracial marriage, the problem arises if you are both from different religions. How about make him become a Muslim and marry you? If he loves you, he needs to accept you for who you are and has some sensitivity towards your faith and background. Make istikhara, Allah is the best of all planners.
    So, he needs to accept her for who she is but she shouldn't? Why everyone always has to convert to Islam but not the other way around? Is this a new way of reducing the number of people from other religions? :erm: My sister is Christian and her boyfriend is Muslim, they've been together for over a year now but no one had to convert and there are no problems.

to the girl who asked for advice
    as a pakistani - Muslim myself i get you
    but is the guy willing to FULLY convert to islam ??
    and if he is , then like he should like introduce him self to your family, (not a white tradition way) but like, in a way that is acceptable in pakistani tradition

if not then there are reasons like i get you love him and he is amazing but what about if you do get married everything you do would be different, once he gets to know the real you (like all your habbits and traditions , like it would be weird and ALLAH does it for the best if he was white and muslim its fine, but if not then don't do it , it won't be worth it.

IN SHA ALLAH hope everything works out for you and do istakhara (if you've heard of that) surely ALLAH will tell you what to , either in your dreams or you will know in your heart. ( learn about istakhara if you don't know what that is)

i know i don't want to get married because it would either be arranged or nothing and i choose nothing

ReputationRep:
    No they wouldn't.

I, at the very least, can see that even if some of the non-Muslims here, fooled by the relentless propaganda that British Muslims are generally a tolerant lot, can't.
    Yes they would. Stereotypes have been created for a reason and it's because certain sects of people will more than likely act in that certain way.

ReputationRep:
    If what the person above says is true (and you havent denied it)- it's also pretty concerning to see a guy who's a hardcore Muslim one minute and disguising himself as a female to get off on girls the next
    It isn't true - I had an account which was 'female' for a short time because I was contrarily avoiding someone for a good reason as opposed to trying to talk to girls. It's a slander which was addressed like last year or the beginning of this year, and the mods constantly card members for perpetuating it, but the ex-Muslims/Atheist crew (who most of them don't even believe in their slander genuinely) just like to smear my character because they dislike my views.

I did not address it when responding to Anon #5 because I have addressed it many times, and many months ago, and the mods have addressed it (and continue to do so whenever some idiot tries to slander me again) so it hardly deserves a lengthy response. Secondly my character is not defined by those who oppose Islam and Muslims, as their nature has always been to mock and hinder those who believe.

I am only clarifying this to you now because as a new ex-Muslim, hopefully you won't follow the path of those before you whose apostasy has caused them to ironically become bigoted and stupid whilst they accuse Muslims of being the same

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.