Muslims will be banned from entering the US Watch

Carthaginian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Islam needs to be reformed.
It's too ancient at this state and needs to be more modern.
And don't get me started on Saudi, never going there. Heck, i'd rather be in ancient Rome than there.
So tell me again, how come all these rich """muslim""" countries didn't even accept any migrants?
WhiteX
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ApplyYourself)
No but our Trump says so
Trust me if this decision was made then America will fall apart
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
Please, if you've read the Bible then you will see that Christianity facilitates most of these things as well.
The big difference is that the Bible is not considered as the true word of God, like the Quran.

But it is not seen as bad as 1) Christianity is now largely western and Islam is not 2) the bible is usually interpreted from a more modern perspective. But you would find that christians are just as homophobic as muslims, and the bible has many sexist and/or homophobic passages.
Christians are much more tolerant of homosexuality than Muslims. Some hardcore American denominations are less tolerant than Muslims overall, but Catholics and mainline Protestants have made their revolution. Several Anglican bishops are also openly homosexuals.

Meanwhile, in the UK: Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality, says poll

No one thinks all Christians are KKK members or Nazis despite those groups being largely christian.
Nazis weren't specifically Christians. Most of their ideology was designed to replace religion. Many Muslims enrolled in the Waffen SS, especially in Bosnia.
dididid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Lying/fabricating would always be an option, and not an expensive or complex one.

So religious affiliation is a catch-all way to identify terrorists? Are you being ironic?
not prepared to lie about my faith unless potentially in a life/death situation.
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
The USA is boring lol
hehe i was just messing with ya
WhiteX
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Carthaginian)
It's too ancient at this state and needs to be more modern.
And don't get me started on Saudi, never going there. Heck, i'd rather be in ancient Rome than there.
So tell me again, how come all these rich """muslim""" countries didn't even accept any migrants?
Islam was not created nor edited by human's so they can change it , otherwise why and how can I follow a religion that was edited by Human's whom is expected to make mistakes !
WhiteX
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
So much! Its the capital of planet earth. Them countries are scrub countries compared to USA
Well no doubt that America is a great place,However, I'm not certain if that will last
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by WhiteX)
Islam was not created nor edited by human's so they can change it , otherwise why and how can I follow a religion that was edited by Human's whom is expected to make mistakes !
As you seem so sure, how about you take my New Quran Challenge™?

You have to present a passage that makes more sense as the work of an omniscient, omnipotent, infallible, all merciful and just god, than it does as the work of 7th century Arabs.

In a dedicated thread, it got to 32 pages without anyone managing to do it.
Off you go!
Carthaginian
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm pretty sure Islam was created by humans. Like cuniform by the Sumerians, and Christianity by Jesus, or the Jews or something.

Imagine, if Muhammad or any of his followers were killed, Islam wouldn't be a thing. That's basic history. Islam was created by humans, as were all of these stories.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where is your evidence for this?
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Carthaginian)
lol i love how people say this but then go ranting about how peaceful Muslims are cherry picking and ignoring the 'bad parts'
orton6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by JRKinder)
I'm fairly sure this is unconstitutional, so if by some inexplicable reason it did somehow get through Congress, it should be struck down by the Supreme Court.
He doesn't need approval from congress: http://www.vox.com/world/2016/11/10/...ump-muslim-ban

It will happen in the US. After Brexit, it will happen in the UK. It's already starting to happen in Germany (burqa ban). Finally.
sullyking
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nutz99)
The bottom line is that your religion is out of date. It needs to change to fit in to modern civilisations. Islam needs to be more tolerant of other religions and ideals and accept the laws of the country that you live in over your religion otherwise no country will want you.
My friend, I disagree. Before I give you my reasons, you must understand i'm not here to argue with you, but rather give you insight to my religion.

Islam means surrender and submission to the will of almighty God. So it has been there since creation not 1400 years ago. My religion contains solutions to every problem that every society faces today. For example, Alcoholism, drugs, fornication, gambling, interest dealing ext.... Islam prohibits you from engaging in these things. However the governments in the US, UK, european countries, ext.. make you indulge in these things. If you disagree with me, do your research.
One of the biggest killers worldwide is alcohol. Which leads to cancer, divorce, family quarrels and even death. That's why it's forbidden in Islam.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/216328.php
Some countries are legalising drugs such as canabis, It's a matter of time before they move to more harder drugs.
fornication= STD's, illegitimately born children.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/...s-release.html
Gambling leads to loss of money, family quarrels, divorce, bad relations, depression. Islam warns you against this. But look at society now. There are tonnes of gambling websites for almost anything,then say 30 years ago.
Interest dealing. Now there are more variety of loans and mortgages than before. just better ways to put you in debt. Islamic banks on the other hand don't charge interest but carry transactions like a business creating profit. Which is more just as you know how much they take from you.

Harvard Law School, one of the most prestigious institutions of its kind in the world, has posted a verse of the Holy Quran at the entrance of its faculty library, describing the verse as one of the greatest expressions of justice in history.
Verse 135 of Surah Al Nisa (The Women) has been posted at a wall facing the faculty's main entrance, dedicated to the best phrases articulating justice:

O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do.

Furthermore.
https://jacktheladhub.com/2015/12/04...courts-frieze/

Now addressing your point on islam against other religions.

“(And as for My messenger,) there is no (obligation) on him except to deliver (the. message). God knows what yon expose and what conceal”. (5:99).

Once the people of Mecca said to Prophet Muhammad that if god did not want them to worship idols then why He does not forcefully prevent them from doing so. Then God sent the following message:

“(O Muhammad) This is not a new excuse; those who weft before, them made, the same excuses. Is there anything upon the messengers except the dear conveying of the message”. (16: 35).

So we see that from the Qur'anic point of view, the mission of the prophets and messengers of God was not to forcefully impose their teachings on the people but to guide them and ask them to accept God with their own will, in one revelation, God says to Prophet Muhammad:

"But if the people turn away (then do not be sad because) We did sent you to be a guardian over them. It is for you only to deliver the message." (42:43).

The Qur’an clearly says that reli*gion cannot be forced on anyone. It says,

"There is no compulsion in (accepting) the religion (of Islam)…” Why? Because:

"truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error. " (2:256).

The Prophet of Islam faced much difficulty and opposition in his own birth- place, the city of Mecca. He was eventually forced to migrate to Medina. But in spite of all the opposition and even physical torture that his followers suffered in Mecca, Prophet Muhammad always approached the unbelievers of Mecca with tolerance. At one stage of his mission, the Prophet read to them a short chapter from the reve*lation:

“O you who do not believe! I worship not what you worship, and you are not worshipping what I worship; nor am 1 worshipping what you worship; neither -art you worshipping what I worship. Therefore, to you your religion; and to me my religion!” (chap. 109)

When Prophet Muhammad migrated to Medina, he found that besides those who hid accepted Islam, there was a large Jewish community in that, city but this did not bother him He did not contemplate on forcing them into the Fold of Islam, instead, he made a peace agreement with them and called them the people of the Scripture. This was indeed the supreme example of tolerance shown towards the followers of other religions.The peace agreement between the Prophet and the Jews of Medina dearly guaranteed the phys*ical safety and security of the Jewish community and also the freedom to practise their religion freely as long 35 that community also abided the terms of the treaty.So we see that even historically, the Prophet of Islam was prepared to live in peace with the followers of other monotheistic religions, especially Judaism and Christianity. Even the letters that the Prophet wrote to the rulers of various countries and nations around Arabia are interesting documents for our discussion. In none of the letters does the Prophet threaten them of a military aggression if they did not accept the message of Islam. The letter to the Christian King of Abyssinia ends with the words: "I have conveyed the message and now it is up to you to accept it. Once again, peace be upon him who follows the true guidance."We have an interesting historical document with us from our fourth Imam, ‘Ali Zaynul Abidin (a.s,). This document is entitled as Risalatu 'l huquq which means “The Charter of Rights”.In this Risalah, the Imam has mentioned rights related to various issues and people in human society, the last part is on the rights of non-Muslims in a Muslim society. Among other things, it says: “And there must be a barrier keeping you from doing any injustice to them, from depriving them of the protection provided by God, and from flaunting the commitments of God and His Messenger concerning them.Because we have been told that the Holy Prophet said, "Whosoever does injustice to a protected non- Muslim, then I will be his enemy (on the Day of Judgement),

" In a letter which Imam 'Ali wrote for his governor in Egypt, he says, "Sensitive your heart to mercy for the subjects, and to affection and kindness for them. Do not stand over them like greedy beasts who feel it is enough to devour them, for they are of two kinds; either your brother in faith or like you in Creation." {Nahju 'l-Balagha, letter 53).

Now lastly. Islam on accepting laws of other countries.
The Muslims living a non-Muslim country. They are considered to be living in their adopted country under a covenant. They must, therefore, comply with the laws of their country of residence without, at the same time, disobeying Islamic Law.

Allah says: “Oh you who believe! Fulfill (your) obligations.” [Sûrah al-Mâ’idah: 1]

He also says: “And fulfill (every) covenant. Verily! The covenant will be questioned about.” [Sûrah al-Isrâ': 34]

He says: “And fulfill the Covenant to Allah when you have covenanted, and break not the oaths after you have confirmed them.” [Sûrah al-Nahl: 91]

A Muslim is not to break or violate oaths or promises. He will not be a true faithful Muslim if he does so. Allah Said: “It is not the case that every time they make a covenant, some party among them throws it aside. Nay! The truth is most of them believe not.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 100]

Among the characteristics of a hypocrite is that he: “…acts treacherously toward covenants (pledges), and when entrusted he betrays.”

Scholars have stated that those who enter non-Muslim countries have to adhere to their respective laws and regulations even if they entered those countries illegally, and they have no excuse for breaking those laws, since they were entrusted to abide by those laws upon entry into those countries.

So I refuted ever point you gave with reason and evidence. I want to also mention that some muslims don't follow anything Islam mentions. that doesnt mean the religion should be held accountable since they contradict the teachings of my religion. Furthermore, i should not be held accountable for what certain muslims do. We will all be judged on our own accountability.

Please take my points into consideration. I did this out of respect and spent time on it. please don't go to islamophobic websites and purely the web to get your understanding of my religion.

I recommend you get a copy of the Qur'an and read it through without any agenda, just plainly word by word and if there is anything you don't understand or question then get information from islamic scholars and imams as they will know your points in detail.
oldercon1953
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
Not many people understand the political system in the US, do they?

The muslims can only be banned if congress votes in favour of it. They can veto a Trump bill if a majority disagrees with it. Furthermore, it would be foreign, non-US muslims that would be banned, as banning a US Muslim is unconstitutional.

Literally all the democrats will reject the bill, probably most of the republicans too. I don't see what the worry is about this topic.

How can you even tell if someone is a Muslim if they're not wearing religious attire? Many Lebanese people can pass as looking Muslim, but most are christians. They'd literally have to turn anyone middle eastern looking away, but you also have to remember there are white muslims too, so yeah - not the strongest policy.
It may not be the strongest policy but it does send a great message and unless your willing to go as far as rounding up muslims and throwing them out than your only weapon will be messages. The message that a ban on foreign muslims from entering the country would send would be we don't think it's worth the risk to allow you to enter. There is nothing to gain from your entry; only risk. Has any country benefited from allowing the mass immigration of muslims? In the past, immigrants have come here and added to the culture. But today, so little of American culture is acceptable to muslims I can only see them wanting to change it. Maybe other countries feel they owe mulums something. Most Americans feel we owe them nothing.
Biryanimonster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sullyking)
My friend, I disagree. Before I give you my reasons, you must understand i'm not here to argue with you, but rather give you insight to my religion.

Islam means surrender and submission to the will of almighty God. So it has been there since creation not 1400 years ago. My religion contains solutions to every problem that every society faces today. For example, Alcoholism, drugs, fornication, gambling, interest dealing ext.... Islam prohibits you from engaging in these things. However the governments in the US, UK, european countries, ext.. make you indulge in these things. If you disagree with me, do your research.
One of the biggest killers worldwide is alcohol. Which leads to cancer, divorce, family quarrels and even death. That's why it's forbidden in Islam.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/216328.php
Some countries are legalising drugs such as canabis, It's a matter of time before they move to more harder drugs.
fornication= STD's, illegitimately born children.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/...s-release.html
Gambling leads to loss of money, family quarrels, divorce, bad relations, depression. Islam warns you against this. But look at society now. There are tonnes of gambling websites for almost anything,then say 30 years ago.
Interest dealing. Now there are more variety of loans and mortgages than before. just better ways to put you in debt. Islamic banks on the other hand don't charge interest but carry transactions like a business creating profit. Which is more just as you know how much they take from you.

Harvard Law School, one of the most prestigious institutions of its kind in the world, has posted a verse of the Holy Quran at the entrance of its faculty library, describing the verse as one of the greatest expressions of justice in history.
Verse 135 of Surah Al Nisa (The Women) has been posted at a wall facing the faculty's main entrance, dedicated to the best phrases articulating justice:

O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do.

Furthermore.
https://jacktheladhub.com/2015/12/04...courts-frieze/

Now addressing your point on islam against other religions.

“(And as for My messenger,) there is no (obligation) on him except to deliver (the. message). God knows what yon expose and what conceal”. (5:99).

Once the people of Mecca said to Prophet Muhammad that if god did not want them to worship idols then why He does not forcefully prevent them from doing so. Then God sent the following message:

“(O Muhammad) This is not a new excuse; those who weft before, them made, the same excuses. Is there anything upon the messengers except the dear conveying of the message”. (16: 35).

So we see that from the Qur'anic point of view, the mission of the prophets and messengers of God was not to forcefully impose their teachings on the people but to guide them and ask them to accept God with their own will, in one revelation, God says to Prophet Muhammad:

"But if the people turn away (then do not be sad because) We did sent you to be a guardian over them. It is for you only to deliver the message." (42:43).

The Qur’an clearly says that reli*gion cannot be forced on anyone. It says,

"There is no compulsion in (accepting) the religion (of Islam)…” Why? Because:

"truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error. " (2:256).

The Prophet of Islam faced much difficulty and opposition in his own birth- place, the city of Mecca. He was eventually forced to migrate to Medina. But in spite of all the opposition and even physical torture that his followers suffered in Mecca, Prophet Muhammad always approached the unbelievers of Mecca with tolerance. At one stage of his mission, the Prophet read to them a short chapter from the reve*lation:

“O you who do not believe! I worship not what you worship, and you are not worshipping what I worship; nor am 1 worshipping what you worship; neither -art you worshipping what I worship. Therefore, to you your religion; and to me my religion!” (chap. 109)

When Prophet Muhammad migrated to Medina, he found that besides those who hid accepted Islam, there was a large Jewish community in that, city but this did not bother him He did not contemplate on forcing them into the Fold of Islam, instead, he made a peace agreement with them and called them the people of the Scripture. This was indeed the supreme example of tolerance shown towards the followers of other religions.The peace agreement between the Prophet and the Jews of Medina dearly guaranteed the phys*ical safety and security of the Jewish community and also the freedom to practise their religion freely as long 35 that community also abided the terms of the treaty.So we see that even historically, the Prophet of Islam was prepared to live in peace with the followers of other monotheistic religions, especially Judaism and Christianity. Even the letters that the Prophet wrote to the rulers of various countries and nations around Arabia are interesting documents for our discussion. In none of the letters does the Prophet threaten them of a military aggression if they did not accept the message of Islam. The letter to the Christian King of Abyssinia ends with the words: "I have conveyed the message and now it is up to you to accept it. Once again, peace be upon him who follows the true guidance."We have an interesting historical document with us from our fourth Imam, ‘Ali Zaynul Abidin (a.s,). This document is entitled as Risalatu 'l huquq which means “The Charter of Rights”.In this Risalah, the Imam has mentioned rights related to various issues and people in human society, the last part is on the rights of non-Muslims in a Muslim society. Among other things, it says: “And there must be a barrier keeping you from doing any injustice to them, from depriving them of the protection provided by God, and from flaunting the commitments of God and His Messenger concerning them.Because we have been told that the Holy Prophet said, "Whosoever does injustice to a protected non- Muslim, then I will be his enemy (on the Day of Judgement),

" In a letter which Imam 'Ali wrote for his governor in Egypt, he says, "Sensitive your heart to mercy for the subjects, and to affection and kindness for them. Do not stand over them like greedy beasts who feel it is enough to devour them, for they are of two kinds; either your brother in faith or like you in Creation." {Nahju 'l-Balagha, letter 53).

Now lastly. Islam on accepting laws of other countries.
The Muslims living a non-Muslim country. They are considered to be living in their adopted country under a covenant. They must, therefore, comply with the laws of their country of residence without, at the same time, disobeying Islamic Law.

Allah says: “Oh you who believe! Fulfill (your) obligations.” [Sûrah al-Mâ’idah: 1]

He also says: “And fulfill (every) covenant. Verily! The covenant will be questioned about.” [Sûrah al-Isrâ': 34]

He says: “And fulfill the Covenant to Allah when you have covenanted, and break not the oaths after you have confirmed them.” [Sûrah al-Nahl: 91]

A Muslim is not to break or violate oaths or promises. He will not be a true faithful Muslim if he does so. Allah Said: “It is not the case that every time they make a covenant, some party among them throws it aside. Nay! The truth is most of them believe not.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 100]

Among the characteristics of a hypocrite is that he: “…acts treacherously toward covenants (pledges), and when entrusted he betrays.”

Scholars have stated that those who enter non-Muslim countries have to adhere to their respective laws and regulations even if they entered those countries illegally, and they have no excuse for breaking those laws, since they were entrusted to abide by those laws upon entry into those countries.

So I refuted ever point you gave with reason and evidence. I want to also mention that some muslims don't follow anything Islam mentions. that doesnt mean the religion should be held accountable since they contradict the teachings of my religion. Furthermore, i should not be held accountable for what certain muslims do. We will all be judged on our own accountability.

Please take my points into consideration. I did this out of respect and spent time on it. please don't go to islamophobic websites and purely the web to get your understanding of my religion.

I recommend you get a copy of the Qur'an and read it through without any agenda, just plainly word by word and if there is anything you don't understand or question then get information from islamic scholars and imams as they will know your points in detail.
Finally someone has spoken the truth. 😊😊😊
LevantineMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is no greater compliment than being told you are incompatible with their way of life. How can such a supposedly developed (developed in what sense though?) be so barbaric.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (204)
12.73%
Excited (139)
8.68%
Worried (291)
18.16%
Terrified (363)
22.66%
Meh (144)
8.99%
Confused (35)
2.18%