Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaijin)
    Could be worse. At least it doesn't go beyond our station.

Has anyone noticed how tight the league is now though? Seriously. We are 8th, but are 3 points off the relegation zone. Crazy.
    Well, it is very tight. Two weeks ago, Everton were 17th and struggling, two wins and they're behind Hull all of a sudden. That's why I'm still not panicking for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    No self-respecting premiership team should ever be happy with a home draw against West Ham.
    thats why you lost 3-1 to them about a month ago...
    anyway it was a match we could have easily lost. you talk no sense if you believe a point here was a bad result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfc20)
    thats why you lost 3-1 to them about a month ago...
    anyway it was a match we could have easily lost. you talk no sense if you believe a point here was a bad result.
    3-1 was a horrible result, no getting round it.

But with a West Ham side clearly struggling, a point sucks **** no matter how you look at it. If you think you could have lost, then its even less of a good point.

ReputationRep:
    fair does whatever your view is i cba to argue. good win for the geordies last night. its stange how were 8th but 3 points from 19th

ReputationRep:
    I will defo join c'mon on boro

ReputationRep:
    Everton away tomorrow, should be a cracking game. I reckon we can sneak a draw.

ReputationRep:
    haha right prediction dan! we seem to be turning into a good, consistent side (as if!) unbeaten in 5 and up to 8th, up the boro!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a win and a draw from two very hard away games is fantastic. Turnbull is looking quality! Two important home games coming up, Bolton and Newcastle. I'm hoping for 4 points at least.

ReputationRep:
    yeah mate id take 4 points if we beat the scuM! thats all i ask haha

ReputationRep:
    -digard looks quality
    -shame for riggot
    -o'neill scored loads of goals for pompey from the right wing so keep him there southgate!
    -get your goalscoring touch back alves how many times can tuncay feed you in lol

ReputationRep:
    why did GS feel the need to change the team!? it was suicidal. o neill should of played on the right, arca should of started in the centre to provide service for alves which we badly lacked and often resorted to lumping up high pointless balls. tuncay and downing tried but were quite ineffective. wheater was class though, some magnificent tackles, and turnbull played well as usual despite conceding 3! alves hmmm the jury is still out: when he starts getting better service i willmake my decision. ali was poor, and should be out the side until GON plays poor on the right. one more comment: andrew taylor should not be near our side, he was not good at all today, and lacks pace. anyway a bad day at the office all round, we NEED to beat the geordies next week,.

ReputationRep:
    What dire finishing. Next week is a must-win, especially cos the Geordies got a result at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    yeah. we could have gone up to 7th today, but are down to 10th ffs. and yes, our finishing was woeful. we had 2 cleared off the line though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfc20)
    yeah. we could have gone up to 7th today, but are down to 10th ffs. and yes, our finishing was woeful. we had 2 cleared off the line though
    That's just the way the league is. A draw put us up two places tooday :eek:

Looking forward to next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfc20)
    I hope you win next week Of Sunderland, Newcastle and 'Boro, I admire Boro most for their attempt to try and play football, and it's been paying off for Gareth Southgate and his men.

Plus, Sanli Tuncay's quite a likeable player :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    That's just the way the league is. A draw put us up two places tooday :eek:

Looking forward to next week
    ayee! a point can do a lot this season, as can one good or bad result. if we beat you next week i think we could be up to 7th or 8th, but if we lose, we could be down to 12th 13th etc. if we finish top half this season i will be very pleased indeed

ReputationRep:
    It's gonna be tight this season, but I think top half is within our reach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danmccolm)
    It's gonna be tight this season, but I think top half is within our reach.
    Unfortunately its in the reach of about 14 teams this year.

ReputationRep:
    and we are near the top of these 14 teams atm

ReputationRep:
    home form has to improve though god knows whats wrong

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.