Pepe Le Poosh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
@ BrenLee... any more on when we should expect to hear for Uni Park?
BrenLee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'm finishing off the configuration for each room today, so all being well we should be able to allocate from tomorrow or Monday. If all of this goes to plan we will start sending offers next week.
HayleyTaylor
Report 11 years ago
Are there still single studies left in Lenton and Worthley and Lincoln? I wanted to put down Cripps too but now it's full argh. This first come first served thing is a bit unfair as I only got all my offers the other day! Oh well, I'm guessing I need to move fast?
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by HayleyTaylor)
Are there still single studies left in Lenton and Worthley and Lincoln? I wanted to put down Cripps too but now it's full argh. This first come first served thing is a bit unfair as I only got all my offers the other day! Oh well, I'm guessing I need to move fast?
The 1st come 1st served method is really the only way it can be done. If you can suggest another way we would happily consider it but we have looked at countless other ways in which to allocate, all of which are genuinely unfair. No matter which way we do this there will always be someone who claims they have been treated unfairly. The fact of the matter is that we (Accommodation Services) give everyone, who has Nottingham as their 1st choice, exactly the same opportunity to make preferences. As so many other depatments and organisations are involved you can get delays which means by the time you get to us, some rooms have been filled and we get the complaint at the end.

Your best bet is to get online and complete the application form before all your preferred areas are gone.

B:pcguru:
Jon of the North
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Any en-Suite, or shared en-suite available on Uni Park campus?
BrenLee
Rep:
?
go back 1 page and have a look at all the options there but bear in mind I have been posting updates since.
BrenLee
Rep:
?
Still available FOR UNDERGRADUATES (as of 17:00 on 9/4/08)

Broadgate Park
Single study flat
Large single study flat
Ensuite Studio
Twin Ensuite Studio

Jubilee campus
Ensuite (Newark & Southwell)

Raleigh Park
Single study flat
House

St Peters Court
En-Suite Flat
Enhanced En-Suite Flat

Sutton Bonington
Single Study Flat
En-Suite Flat
Enhanced En-Suite Flat

University Park
En-suite - Ancaster - Cavendish - Rutland

Shared En-suite - Derby - Flo Bo - Hu Stu - Lincoln - Rutland - Willoughby

Private shared bathroom - Ancaster - Lenton & Wortley - Sherwood

Large Single Study - Nightingale

Single Study - Ancaster - Derby - Flo Bo - Lenton & Wortley - Lincoln - Rutland - Sherwood - Willoughby

Shared Study - Derby - Lenton & Wortley - Lincoln - Rutland - Sherwood - Willoughby

Shared Bedroom - Lenton And Wortley

This is as accurate as I can get it but it is possible that some of these rooms have gone since yesterday (9/4/8).
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If something is 'full' does that mean that if you applied before it was full you're in? If that makes sense
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pepe Le Poosh)
If something is 'full' does that mean that if you applied before it was full you're in? If that makes sense
No, you'll just have to wait and see I'm afraid.
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
how long does it normally take to get a reply from accomodation?
beyond3456
Report 11 years ago
Hello all

I've had an offer to study English at nottingham.

Completely at a loss as to which halls are the best to go for.

1. Is Self-catering more expensive than catered accomodation?
2. Are the smoking rooms subject to the smoking ban?
3. Which halls are the best known for being the liveliest/vibrant?

Thanks
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by beyond3456)
Hello all

I've had an offer to study English at nottingham.

Completely at a loss as to which halls are the best to go for.

1. Is Self-catering more expensive than catered accomodation?
2. Are the smoking rooms subject to the smoking ban?
3. Which halls are the best known for being the liveliest/vibrant?

Thanks
1. it tends to work out fairly evenly but at 1st glance Self-catered looks cheaper.
2. The halls themselves decide if they are allowing smoking but they do decide in advance so if you look at the halls on our map page www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh you will see a note at the bottom saying if smoking rooms are available there.
3. Hugh Stewart was known for being most popular but those times have passed and they are all fairly even now. The people make the hall, if you get on with them if not .
yonanz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bren

decent chap you are. I applaud your kindess in going out of the way to help prospective students. really admirable

anywayz, Im holding a deferred entry offer for 2009. Should i apply for accomodation now, or wait till next year?
brimstone
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey again I asked a question earlier but got another one. If you have to end up applying for accomodation in August - due to going in as an insurance choice or via Clearing - how do you go about it? Are you still able to choose online? Do they send you a form?
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by yonanz)
Bren
decent chap you are. I applaud your kindess in going out of the way to help prospective students. really admirable
Thanks thats vmuch appreciated.

(Original post by yonanz)
anywayz, Im holding a deferred entry offer for 2009. Should i apply for accomodation now, or wait till next year?
No point applying now as prices will change as will room types etc and we may have an "exciting" new property to show next year. Wait til late Jan 09 and then apply. I'll try to keep going here as long as possible so keep looking and hopefully I'll mention it.
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by brimstone)
Hey again I asked a question earlier but got another one. If you have to end up applying for accomodation in August - due to going in as an insurance choice or via Clearing - how do you go about it? Are you still able to choose online? Do they send you a form?
We don't send forms out as they just don't work. We encourage all students to apply online as what tends to happen is that someone will not see their option on the paper form so decide to just add it and send the form in (guess what happens to those )

In all cases it is best to apply online as soon as you possibly can.
arpeggio
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you applied for accommodation in mid March, are you likely to get an accommodation offer sometime this week?
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ditto?
1/4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well I applied two weeks after the accomodation opened (1st feb?) and still havent heard back. If its first come first serve it could be a while.
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by arpeggio)
If you applied for accommodation in mid March, are you likely to get an accommodation offer sometime this week?
Depends where you applied to. The problems with University Park continue to dog us but I'm hoping for an update today which I will share here if it comes out. If you applied to Broadgate, St Peters or Bonington then you will be hearing any day now.

To stress a point though, the order in which people applied will be the order in which we allocate the rooms (except where a person has a medical condition that needs special attention). All applications are safe and intact.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 30 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads