The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I am a home student, but honestly can't praise the Durham Foundation Year enough, the staff were great, the course content was great and Queens Campus is a nice place to study.
I am still heading towards OT and social work. But i can't decide and i half way through writing my personal statement and putting my qualifications on to ucas
xpillowangelx86
I am still heading towards OT and social work. But i can't decide and i half way through writing my personal statement and putting my qualifications on to ucas

you will have to decided soon and make up your mind which one you want to do, xpillowangelx86 as both are totally different careers and involve different training.Have you any work experience with regards to OT?if you dont mind me asking u
Reply 223
I have received 4 offers now;

BA Geography-
Royal Hollaway - Unconditional
Sheffield - Unconditional
Sussex - Unconditional
Durham - Acknowledge & waiting reply

Geography & History -
Hull - Conditional (in that I provide copies of my current qualifications)
Reply 224
quizster

BA Geography-
Sussex - Unconditional

Geography & History -

It's nice being a mature student and getting unconditional offers, isn't it? :biggrin:
Im applying for childrens nursing in the next couple of weeks, to start Sept 2009.
Will be 21 when I start.
quizster

BA Geography-
Sussex - Unconditional

Geography & History -

wow i never got that many unconditionals when i first went to university the first time around well done quizster :yep: :biggrin:
hoping to do nursing at lincoln
Hey everyone, first post so here goes.

Not yet sent of my application to ucas yet! I know I know leaving it a bit late. Waiting for employer to get back to me on a reference! I'm only 20 and I have my heart set on a university ( Bournemouth ) and they are the only uni that do the Accounting and Law foundation degree. Should I try find something similar at another uni I've not visited or just apply to one/

Thanks yall.
Reply 229
Hello! I'm 21 years old and I will be an Aeronautical Engineer by June! lol! I'm applying to:
LSE- Management Sciences
KCL, Cass, Lancaster, Warwick - Management
I just have an offer from Cass Business School but I'm not taking it... I'm applying for a Master there really, it was just to fill up the 4 choises! :P
Reply 230
I'm getting started on my application (a little late I know!), looking to get into an Internet Computing course. I made two attempts at my A Levels but never followed through with them, a complete lack of direction was largely responsible both times. I'm working in online marketing for a bank and have been designing and developing websites for years now, hope that the experience will help me out. 23, by the way.
Osman.H
I'm getting started on my application (a little late I know!), looking to get into an Internet Computing course. I made two attempts at my A Levels but never followed through with them, a complete lack of direction was largely responsible both times. I'm working in online marketing for a bank and have been designing and developing websites for years now, hope that the experience will help me out. 23, by the way.

If you have no luck on the strength of experience, can I recommend an access course. My college does an Access to Computing course (though its a bit far from Leeds), but it will give you a recognisable qualification to get you into a decent uni.
Reply 232
do all universities make mature students take an access course or does it depend on how long they have been out of school? im 27, already possess a 4 year degree (i want another before i move onto my masters), but have only been out of school only for 2 1/2 years and ive been working in the interim.....will they make me take an access course or what? thanks.
kobemac1
do all universities make mature students take an access course or does it depend on how long they have been out of school? im 27, already possess a 4 year degree (i want another before i move onto my masters), but have only been out of school only for 2 1/2 years and ive been working in the interim.....will they make me take an access course or what? thanks.

If you already have a degree I doubt they will make you take an access course, unless maybe the course you want to do requires knowledge of a certain subject that you have no qualifications in at all, e.g. you have an Arts background and want to study a Science. It's best to check with the uni departments though. If that doesn't apply to you then you should be fine, as although most universities require evidence of recent study, from what I've seen their limits tend to be 3-5 years gap, so as it's only been 2.5 years you should be fine.
Reply 234
hey thanks for the reply. i appreciate it.
Reply 235
kobemac1

I'm 26, haven't been in education for 7 years and I have an unconditional offer so i highly doubt they will make you do an access course!!! If you were to do another degree however, you would have to fund yourself as they will not give you any more loans etc.

Good luck!
cunningstunt87
If you have no luck on the strength of experience, can I recommend an access course. My college does an Access to Computing course (though its a bit far from Leeds), but it will give you a recognisable qualification to get you into a decent uni.

congrats on those offers cunningstunt87 well done u
ZakBrannigan
congrats on those offers cunningstunt87 well done u

Cheers mate.
Reply 238
I'm just finishing up an Access course (Human Biology) - then off to study Occupational Therapy at the University of Cumbria.
Hey, i've got into sunderland uni doing foundation year biomedical science.

Latest

Trending

Trending