Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mid March???

On the one hand that is really annoying, on the other at least I can stop expecting to hear something each day. I applied one or two weeks before the deadline so I imagine it'll be a long wait for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLush101)
    Hey Phillip_3, there's nothin too out of the ordinary - the questions are competancy based and similar to the ones on your application form; claire_c_xox
    Thanks Claire. This sounds really silly but should i presume they've read the application form and are therefore expecting different answers or can I use the same ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillip_3)
    This sounds really silly but should i presume they've read the application form and are therefore expecting different answers or can I use the same ones?
    I just said "As I stated on my application form..." and then elaborated and explained the ones I'd put in more detail - no idea if that's the right thing to do as I still don't know if I'm through yet - did others do the same and does anyone who's had a telephone interview know yet?

Hope it goes/went well Phillip_3 - did they give you any idea of timescales for findin out or was it just "asap"?

ReputationRep:
    early march. and then assessment centres in mid march in leeds/early april in London. fingers and toes crossed. x

ReputationRep:
    oh ps, that's exactly what I did too. .

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

how long did your interview go?
    I had mine today and it lasted about 33 min although the interviewer mentioned it would be 40 min...is this a bad sign?
    also there were lots of interruptions during the interview, it was really difficult to deal with that ...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Phillip_3, will give my inbox a bit of a break. How du reckon it went?

Mine was about 37 mins, lev89 -must surely depend on how much you elaborate and if you haven't answered the questioned, they always ask you further stuff so that they can get an answer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not too sure. They try to make it as nice as possible, but I was still quite nervous. You?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm still yet to hear... Don't know whether to bother phoning up to ask about the status of my application for a third time...

ReputationRep:
    hahaha claire same here, I have long given up and I am expecting a rejection email....as I predicted three weeks ago! i suspect my late submission has something to do with it :0)

ReputationRep:
    early march. and then assessment centres in mid march in leeds/early april in London. fingers and toes crossed. x
    From the above guys, you never know, there's still time!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thought Id add my experiences to the mix! emailed them at the beginning of the month and got the standard response that they were reviewing the application, but when I rung this morning I was told that I'd hear by the end of the week, and she anticipated sooner. Fingers crossed that I got an interview but anyone who is worried, I'd give them a ring and not an email as the email is clearly a template.

ReputationRep:
    They are so lax!

They outsourced the interview process, so maybe that contributed to this prolonged period of application sorting.

I hope everyone hears soon! Does anyone know of any rejections having been sent out?

And of course, I hope that I hear soon too, about whether I got through the telephone interview stage. Probably it'll be like two months time... sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Just heard on Friday that I've qualified for a telephone interview... Although I went through the procedure of booking the interview via the website on Friday, I've yet to receive any confirmation of this being successful. When I login into my NGDP account, it just shows me the booking page?

Should I assume my booking was successful or should I have received an email by now? Getting a little worried as its supposed to be on Thursday night!

Have emailed the NGDP about this, but thought I'd check on here too. Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back!

ReputationRep:
    I had my phone interview a few weeks ago, anyone heard whether they're through to the next stage? Are people still waiting to hear whether they're having phone interviews?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear if I got a telephone interview. Haven't heard either way, maybe I should phone them up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Ali_Great)
    Should I assume my booking was successful or should I have received an email by now? Getting a little worried as its supposed to be on Thursday night!

Have emailed the NGDP about this, but thought I'd check on here too. Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back!
    When I booked my telephone interview it had a few paragraphs on how to prepare for a telephone interview - if you havent seen this screen I would give them a call, especially if the date you've booked has already gone past.

Good luck to everyone in hearing back soon - shouldn't be long now until they make final decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Phillip_3!

My interview has now been booked (properly this time)... Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckygray27)
    I had my phone interview a few weeks ago, anyone heard whether they're through to the next stage? Are people still waiting to hear whether they're having phone interviews?
    Hi beckygray27, think the earliest we'll hear is:

early march. and then assessment centres in mid march in leeds/early april in London.
    had my phone interview on 8th Feb, was yours around the same sort of time? At least knowin it's early March means we can relax... for a bit at least! How'd yours go du reckon?

ReputationRep:
    I rung them up today and they said they still hadn't made a decision on my application. I suspect that means a negative response though, and they just can't give a rejection over the phone. Oh how I long for a graduate scheme that is organised well!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.