Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do we need to know many quotes or is context more important?

i still need to re learn my winters tale stuff!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everybody! Anyone else dreading this one because WW1 synoptic went so terribly? ... Just me then.

ReputationRep:
    i feel like i dont know ANY lyrical ballads.
    i think its pretty safe to say, im ******* myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachieAchie)
    Good luck everybody! Anyone else dreading this one because WW1 synoptic went so terribly? ... Just me then.

hahah i feel exactly that way.. i was more confident with war to start with and i HATED that exam! god knows what this one will throw at me!!

ReputationRep:
    what questions did you guys get in your war exam then??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice1990)
    hahah i feel exactly that way.. i was more confident with war to start with and i HATED that exam! god knows what this one will throw at me!!
    Agh, I know! Wasn't feeling too bad about World War One beforehand but I could have cried afterwards. :ashy: Oh the traumas of life I tell you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linziobbee)
    blank text file i think.... thanks xx
    That should work, the colors and fonts are gone, but all the text should be there.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: txt Lyricall Ballads 3.txt (10.6 KB, 76 views)

ReputationRep:
    some really horrible roman times poem that made next to no sense, some other i hate war poem, dulce et decorum est (which meant carefully remembered quotes couldnt be used) oh what a lovely war but not a good bit of it and some book which ive never read before written like 3 years ago.

its really annoying cos loadsof the poetry patic sassoon i really liked but couldnt use becauseit wasnt relevant enough

ReputationRep:
    That 'Oh What A Lovely War' bit was dire. Munitions manufacturers? I wasn't prepared for those beggars!

BUT off topic! Sorry Ed.

ReputationRep:
    some really horrible roman times poem that made next to no sense, some other i hate war poem, dulce et decorum est (which meant carefully remembered quotes couldnt be used) oh what a lovely war but not a good bit of it and some book which ive never read before written like 3 years ago.

its really annoying cos loadsof the poetry patic sassoon i really liked but couldnt use becauseit wasnt relevant enough
    As the exam was hard there is a good chance of lower grade boundaries, thankfully. Also I've been told that 14-15/20 is an A on the synoptic paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachieAchie)
    That 'Oh What A Lovely War' bit was dire. Munitions manufacturers? I wasn't prepared for those beggars!

BUT off topic! Sorry Ed.
    :mad: Ruin my loverly thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    :mad: Ruin my loverly thread
    I apologise profusely. Quick, let me say something Lyrical Ballady! Umm, "slimy things did crawl with legs upon the slimy sea". Oh yes they did, mm hmm.

ReputationRep:
    thanks Ed 4 the short theme notes..

oh and u cheered me up with the thought of grade boundries goin down in unit 6

good luck every1

ReputationRep:
    haha ill be lucky if i get 5 marks but never mind! i already have a place at art college so its not like english is that ummmm essential. haha maybe it is. never mind!

i dont know if i should revise more shakey (my strong point) or more wordy/coly (my very very weak point) cos i kind of know that the latter just wont sink in, ever, and imight be able to write a good essay on shakey, PROVIDING a good question comes up

but what if the shakey question is impossible?

erghh exams are horrid

anyone else relying on bachs rescue remedy so they dont get too nervy! i am!!

ReputationRep:
    Ed, can u add me to ur msn please xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linziobbee)
    Ed, can u add me to ur msn please xx
    Sure, do I have to go online as well :p:

ReputationRep:
    oooh and me please
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    anyone else relying on bachs rescue remedy so they dont get too nervy! i am!!
    That and chocolate covered raisins are about the only two things getting me through these zams.

Seriously about the raisins, chocolate gives you a quick energy boost and the raisins keep it going. Hear it learn it live it.

ReputationRep:
    what percentage of our total grade does this exam count for? Lyrical Ballads and Hamlet?

ReputationRep:
    yes u do bcz me and alice need ur help lol!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2008

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.