Report 9 years ago
1MillionDollars
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dob86)
Probably assuming the sick role from long term "ligament problems". Oh, How nobody listens to me! All that medical rejection could be making you depressed? It's ok, you can let it out.

You could always go to BUPA for your superfluous, not needed investigation? You might get peace of mind, maybe even a shiny arthroscopy, at the right price.
Shut up you idiot. If I know specifically what is wrong with me, then I can work on solving the problem through various methods.
dob86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sithius)
Shut up you idiot. If I know specifically what is wrong with me, then I can work on solving the problem through various methods.
Yes of course you can, ooommmmmmmmmm.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dob86)
Yes of course you can, ooommmmmmmmmm.
Aww, is someone mad because I'm attacking their holy NHS? People are entitled to health care, you shouldn't have to be on your last legs before you get help. Maybe when you grow up and get some perspective you'll realize this.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, my dad can beat up both of your dads.
dob86
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
Well, my dad can beat up both of your dads.
My dad would **** your dad

Thank you Frankie.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because how else would I know if my tendons/ligaments are the problem?

I dont think you would have an MRI for that you know..

Someone feel free to correct me, but if you went to a GP with tendon/lig pain in the knee area..

wouldn't you do a physical, then maybe bloods or collecting the knee fluid for inflammation- eg arthiritas?
blip
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Alex-R)
More then footballers.
absolutely!
dob86
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aww, is someone mad because I'm attacking their holy NHS? People are entitled to health care, you shouldn't have to be on your last legs before you get help. Maybe when you grow up and get some perspective you'll realize this.
It's ok, I appreciate you have pain and I understand your hurt. Bless. There is an argument that the NHS shouldn't pay for your essential treatment. Because it isn't essential, as much as you ***** about it. GPs have to ration treatments that are at a premium every day, and may opt for cheaper measures (painkiller/Antidepressants) due to budget constraints. You don't pay THAT much for your NHS. If you went back again and again and showed your doctor how it is adversely affecting your life and making you depressed, then you might get what you want.

Maybe when you stop making sweeping generalisations about doctors, I'll take you seriously.

Sorry for going off-thread everyone.
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because how else would I know if my tendons/ligaments are the problem?
Clinical acumen. Clearly not something you're familiar with.
danii-x
Report 9 years ago
they should get more than footballers.
it doesn't see to add up, saving people's lives gets less than kicking a ball about
who needs a levels for that?
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dob86)
You should probably take what they're handing out then and stfu.
;D totally agree.

I'm a big fan of private healthcare.
Rung up today and have a dermatologist appointment on Friday.
Old Timer
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
According to this website, average grad gets 24k - i.e. more than a medicine grad gets

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/How_much_could_I_earn_/Salary_and_vacancy_FAQs__2_/What_is_the_average_graduate_sta rting_salary_/p!eaLXbeX
In fairness that was produced before the recession and consequent pay cuts in the city. It is also assuming that the doctor is on purely basic pay with no banding for any of their jobs. There aren't that many jobs like that!
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Clinical acumen. Clearly not something you're familiar with.
How the **** would a member of the public like myself know about that? I don't dig into medical books in my spare time. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter. This proves my point. Doctors should have told me about this when I told them of my problem.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dob86)
Probably assuming the sick role from long term "ligament problems". Oh, How nobody listens to me! All that medical rejection could be making you depressed? It's ok, you can let it out.

You could always go to BUPA for your superfluous, not needed investigation? You might get peace of mind, maybe even a shiny arthroscopy, at the right price.
I LOLed. Thanks

So true. These tests and scans must be doing something, right? This hospital looks new and shiny. There are single rooms, TVs and pretty colour schemes.
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How the **** would a member of the public like myself know about that? I don't dig into medical books in my spare time. :rolleyes:
In that case, how the **** would a member of the public like yourself feel in a position to tell a doctor how to do their job?

Do you tell your architect where the supporting walls need to go? Do you tell your dentist which brand of cement to use? Do you tell your barrister how to question witnesses? Why do you feel you should do this to doctors?
Dr.Hox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
mm..Not really, the HCA'S tend to do that more, only if we're short staffed. Saying that I've had to clean an old man once with an erection.
And you want paying on top of this?! :eyeball:

I think doctors get paid a fair amount. Especially considering the risks you take day to day, abusive patients, contracting a plethora of illnesses, more serious ones like AIDS etc too, and theres always a chance you'll get sued by some idiot patient too.

Oh and they do a very important job which requires a lot of knowledge, so youre constantly learning, attending courses (often paying with your own money) and ultimately responsible for the health of your patients.
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Old Timer)
In fairness that was produced before the recession and consequent pay cuts in the city. It is also assuming that the doctor is on purely basic pay with no banding for any of their jobs. There aren't that many jobs like that!
Well for a start, lets not compare paying the general population of grads to workers in the city - at any time during the economic cycle.
And all jobs are to be unbanded.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Wangers)
And all jobs are to be unbanded.
No they are not - all have to be band 1 OR unbanded...
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
In that case, how the **** would a member of the public like yourself feel in a position to tell a doctor how to do their job?

Do you tell your architect where the supporting walls need to go? Do you tell your dentist which brand of cement to use? Do you tell your barrister how to question witnesses? Why do you feel you should do this to doctors?
Your analogy is flawed, because I do not pay for an architect so I can explain to him where to place supporting walls, I do not pay for a dentist to tell him what brand of cement to use, I do not pay for a barrister to tell him how to question witnesses. I pay them for other things. Whereas with a doctor I pay for them to provide me a service, that is to provide me appropriate health care. In this case having me booked in for an MRI scan is the appropriate action, since everything else they do (in this case nothing) is not solving the problem at hand.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?

Yes (113)
72.44%
No (43)
27.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise