The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

veggie4life
Still haven't recieved an accomodation offer!

Eek..have you rung them?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 221
veggie4life
Still haven't recieved an accomodation offer!

Dude I got mine today, and so did a couple of peeps i know going. And its in nelsons court which im gonna struggle to afford to be fair so you're probs gonna be unpacking in a twin/premier flat as it seems the latey's are getting the scraps. Phoned the woman from the accommodation office who ranted from the off barking 'well you shouldnt have picked it as your 4th choice then!!' and i was like 'well i didnt want a 4th choice but had to put a 4th choice, and as that was the 4th cheapest i put it as my 4th choice you absolute penis' and she was like 'you'll get what you're given!!!' Then i put the phone down as it brought back unwanted memories of primary school hot dinners...

So basically you're lumbered with what you get :|
Hey everyone, when are we meant to be getting the accomodation welcome pack things through the post? I was under the impression we get instructions on what to do when we arrive to claim our room.
aidanftw
Then i put the phone down as it brought back unwanted memories of primary school hot dinners...

lollerz.

netprime, i think we just have to go to an office or something (the name of which escapes me right now) where we'll get our key. something like that.
beastieclyro
lollerz.

netprime, i think we just have to go to an office or something (the name of which escapes me right now) where we'll get our key. something like that.

Hmm. I guess I should find out where the office is.

Even though I've accepted the offer, I have yet to get given a confirmation that I've accepted it, I keep thinking: 'did I make a mistake and somehow decline the offer?!'
i don't think we'll get a confirmation... we had to send an email to "accept@" or "reject@" didn't we? you can just check your sent mail to be sure.
aidanftw
Dude I got mine today, and so did a couple of peeps i know going. And its in nelsons court which im gonna struggle to afford to be fair so you're probs gonna be unpacking in a twin/premier flat as it seems the latey's are getting the scraps. Phoned the woman from the accommodation office who ranted from the off barking 'well you shouldnt have picked it as your 4th choice then!!' and i was like 'well i didnt want a 4th choice but had to put a 4th choice, and as that was the 4th cheapest i put it as my 4th choice you absolute penis' and she was like 'you'll get what you're given!!!' Then i put the phone down as it brought back unwanted memories of primary school hot dinners...

So basically you're lumbered with what you get :|

Woah I'm already pissed off with UEA having 45% graduate prospects on my course so i'll tell her exactly what I think if she gets larey !
Reply 227
netprime

Yeah you have to go to the su I think it is, get key, sign an electronic license (so read the license online on the accom page before you go) then go unpack.

All the info you need to know about arriving and just being a new student is here
http://www.uea.ac.uk/INFORMATIONFORNEWSTUDENTS
You should have got a letter from your school of study telling you to visit that link and read it all- maybe missed it or they haven't sent it out yet.

I have been vigorously filling in medical forms etc etc, still need to do my campus card application but I haven't been bothered to get the picture lol.
Reply 228
veggie4life
Woah I'm already pissed off with UEA having 45% graduate prospects on my course so i'll tell her exactly what I think if she gets larey !

I wouldn't pay too much attention to graduate prospects stats. For a start, they're based on a small sample of students, namely those who can be bothered responding to the survey.

Secondly, they're based on what proportion of respondants are in a graduate level job within something like six months immediately after graduating. From what I've heard, an awful lot of UEA graduates stay in Norwich for a while, the only problem with that being that Norfolk has relatively few graduate opportunities. As such it takes longer for them to get on the ladder, which naturally drives the statistics down. For those who go where the jobs are, and after about a year or so after graduating for everyone else, the statistic improves to be more in line with what you'd expect from a university such as UEA.
MrShifty
I wouldn't pay too much attention to graduate prospects stats. For a start, they're based on a small sample of students, namely those who can be bothered responding to the survey.

Secondly, they're based on what proportion of respondants are in a graduate level job within something like six months immediately after graduating. From what I've heard, an awful lot of UEA graduates stay in Norwich for a while, the only problem with that being that Norfolk has relatively few graduate opportunities. As such it takes longer for them to get on the ladder, which naturally drives the statistics down. For those who go where the jobs are, and after about a year or so after graduating for everyone else, the statistic improves to be more in line with what you'd expect from a university such as UEA.

Thanks you've made me feel a lot better :smile:

Haha i can't believe UEA haven't told me where I am yet. I Guess I'm going to end up sleeping on the lecture theatre floor.
veggie4life
Thanks you've made me feel a lot better :smile:

Haha i can't believe UEA haven't told me where I am yet. I Guess I'm going to end up sleeping on the lecture theatre floor.

I'm confused! I thought you were planning a gap year. Or are you still trying to decide?

(just been following this and the remark thread so was curious)
coolh5000
I'm confused! I thought you were planning a gap year. Or are you still trying to decide?

(just been following this and the remark thread so was curious)

haha im just keeping my options open :biggrin:
I'm going to visit UEA on the 11th and fingers crossed rediscover why I applied there!
Reply 232
I've now defered my place for a year.

I was given a flippin twin room, and wasnt allowed to change. So thought I'd take a year out and get my accommodation before everyone else! Earn some money for half a year and travel for the other half, then go to UEA with some decent savings to ensure I have a great time...so I'm actually quite pleased with how everythings gone!

So have a great time guys! You'll all be starting your second year by the time I get there, scary!
sc8880
I've now defered my place for a year.

I was given a flippin twin room, and wasnt allowed to change. So thought I'd take a year out and get my accommodation before everyone else! Earn some money for half a year and travel for the other half, then go to UEA with some decent savings to ensure I have a great time...so I'm actually quite pleased with how everythings gone!

So have a great time guys! You'll all be starting your second year by the time I get there, scary!

Didn't you end up getting AAA? If you are taking a gap year now anyway - why don't you reapply (for a better uni :p:)? Just wondering :p:
urgh been allocated a twin room. As someone with OCD this could actually be my worst nightmare.
Reply 235
itszednotzee
Didn't you end up getting AAA? If you are taking a gap year now anyway - why don't you reapply (for a better uni :p:)? Just wondering :p:

Yeah I did! Shocker. But I loved UEA, and I love the city of norwich. Plus although I did get 3 A's, its actually down to cramming and having a great short term memory (I certainly wasn't predicted them based on intelligence!). If I were to resit the exams now I'd do significantly worse. So I'd rather be somewhere with people holding more average abilities (like myself!) as opposed to somewhere with overly intelligent folk, which I would find completely intimidating.
Hey all.

I've received my accommodation offer from UEA, and I've accepted it (University Village en-suite, whoop) by emailing 'acceptaccom' with my Student ID and full name - as the instructions stated.

That was a week ago now though, do we get any sort of confirmation email back or some sort of pack through the post? I'm just really worried that I'll turn up on the 19th and for some reason I won't have any accommodation!
Reply 237
I accepted last week doing the same thing and haven't heard a thing either. I wouldn't worry though, I was one of the last to get my accommodation, but they get there in the end. I'm in Nelsons Court 4th choice wheyy)...£95 a week. Struggling times ahead.
Ah good to know its not just me. I think we get a pack through the post (according to that PDF which came with the accom offer) before we start. Just checked all of my details and now just triyng to plan where I need to go on my arrival day.

Bring it on.
Hi, does anyone know what date the accomodation must be paid for by? A link to the UEA website with anything on this would be really useful too. Thanks for anyone who can help me!

Latest

Trending

Trending