89.29%
No (2)
7.14%
Can't say (1)
3.57%
Z for all
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
hehhee.............. atm ma brain doesnt allows me to think of any of the points relating to internal competition! *****BRAIN FREEZE****=P
how can widening product portfolio create internal competition?
nixiepixie17
Report 9 years ago
hey.. are u guys sure that we are gettin a case study on Tesco for unit 1? how did u guys find out?
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shoaib farooq)
Tesco plc has a long-term strategy for growth, based on four key parts: growth in the core UK market; to expand by growing internationally; to be as strong in non-food as in food; and to follow customers into new retailing services.

What i Think is the above four key parts are totally based upon Ansoff Matrix
growth in the core UK market = "Market Penetration"
to expand by growing internationally = "Market Development"
to be as strong in non-food as in food = "Product Development"
and to follow customers into new retailing services = "Diversification"

what do u guys say about this.. i think we will get a question from Ansoff Matrix.

it could be like.
Describe how tesco uses Ansoff Matrix to devise its Marketing Strategies?

we will not be asked this question witht he term ANSOFF MATRIX as it is not there in the unit 2 syllabus. i checked it and rechecked it so i am pretty sure.
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nixiepixie17)
hey.. are u guys sure that we are gettin a case study on Tesco for unit 1? how did u guys find out?

we already got the case study... i ges you are talking about the 2008 curriculam..we dont know about that yet..aslo, if you were suppose to get a case study u would have found it out by now..and yuou must check the edexcel website for any sort of specimen papers cuz usuall wen the syllabus chyanges there is a specimen paper out..and usually the paper is set quite eas y for them..:p: so no worries.
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by aayman_farzand)
I don't think it has enough points to justify its own question, but you can include it with an answer such as widening product portfolio. Include general points such as struggle with shelf space, advertising budget, preventing bulk purchase of goods so increase in cost per unit etc. These are the ones I can think of atm, what about you?

i agree...this kud be a rele gud conclusion...
aayman_farzand
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Z for all)
hehhee.............. atm ma brain doesnt allows me to think of any of the points relating to internal competition! *****BRAIN FREEZE****=P
how can widening product portfolio create internal competition?
I am not too sure myself, but I don't think saying "widening product portfolio to include more brands of the same type of product" is wrong. Plus, there's also Tesco making more own-label products, rivalling existing brands.

I mentioned this before here, does widening the portfolio has to be introducing new commodities? Or can it just offer more brands?
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
we will not be asked this question witht he term ANSOFF MATRIX as it is not there in the unit 2 syllabus. i checked it and rechecked it so i am pretty sure.
hehe nice u r absolutely correct its a part of unit 6 but doesn't it fit here completely.
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
ahan! i guess tesco achieves to widen its product portfolio by managing its own brands as well as providing customers with other well known brands i.e cadburry etc etc. but the point is that it should also offer new commodities in order to gain a competitive advantage through differentiation strategies and so on........ widening product portfolio basically refers to the company widening its current range of products for growth purposes and so on ............innit?
btcview1991
Report 9 years ago
can any1 please send me the toolkit for unit3..u guys are a great help..i would really appreciate!!...i need to practise some q as im resitting
btcview1991
Report 9 years ago
oh i forgot to mention my id
[email protected]
please help!!
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
we already got the case study... i ges you are talking about the 2008 curriculam..we dont know about that yet..aslo, if you were suppose to get a case study u would have found it out by now..and yuou must check the edexcel website for any sort of specimen papers cuz usuall wen the syllabus chyanges there is a specimen paper out..and usually the paper is set quite eas y for them..:p: so no worries.
hey Nes i would like to know do the customers receive discount on making up the clubcard points or they can only make further purchases free of cost on behalf of the points?
secondly are we allowed to use extra information related to tesco as can be seen in the toolkit answers?
aayman_farzand
Report 9 years ago
They use points at the time of purchase to get reduced prices. 1 point = 1 pence
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
guys, about Di and Donny's Farm....do they produce finished good? and i have been told that they produce the goods under TESCO plc labels, is that right? also is Di and Donny's Farm the "ONLY" supplier of Tesco pls ?

any one sure about these points?? :P
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
about unit 3.........i woz just wondring is it possible that they will give us the actual cash flow statement and will ask us to compare ??????
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
guys, about Di and Donny's Farm....do they produce finished good? and i have been told that they produce the goods under TESCO plc labels, is that right? also is Di and Donny's Farm the "ONLY" supplier of Tesco pls ?

About Di and Donny producing goods under the teco label is right because almost all the suppliers of tesco plc supply it under the its label. About Di and Donny the exclusive supplier of tesco i m not sure, to some extent it can be because it using small businesses like Di and Donny for Local Sourcing Policy.
"Di and Donny’s Dairy Farm in Devon is an example of a small business which Tesco plc is using in response to its Local Sourcing Policy"

But I think its not mentioned anywhere in case study that tesco has exclusive suppliers, but it has huge influence over them.
Hello2112
Report 9 years ago
hey can u guyz add some points for this questions:
Analyse the importance of "Place" in tesco's marketing model.
Ariful
Report 9 years ago
too many Bangladeshi's in here.............i am so proud!!!!
thanks for every effort every one has put....!!!!Need sum xpert ppL in unit 3 financial management!!!! Please post ur answers to questions....!!!!!
aayman_farzand
Report 9 years ago

I agree with shoaib, there is nothing mentioned about exclusivity, so its best to leave it out.

And adjusting cash flow statements is a part of our syllabus, so it might be there. But it should be nothing complicated. Actually has it ever been given before? If not then it is highly likely it'll be here this time.
Ariful
Report 9 years ago
I think the Unit 3 questions will come from Appendix 3 Di and Donny......but our teacher is making us solve Tesco questions......plz tell me what u think about it...it is important beacuse all this tym if i practice unit questions for Tesco and questions come from Di and Donny....then i am doomed!!!!!!
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
Guys........i have checked most of the previous past papers for CASH FLOW STATEMENT, but i think this is the second time only that we have got a Budgeted cash flow statement...............can any one else also check and tell me any past papers that had got cash flow statement in it :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:PPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (868)
80.07%
Leave (216)
19.93%

Watched Threads