Official E3 Discussion Thread Watch

good mermington
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it wasn't terrible it was amazing, the woman dancing about during the ball game was one of the best things i've seen all year.

plus the natal stuff is pretty interesting even if it is a bit misguided. Molyneux was incredible as usual, inventing an AI child he's quite the being.

At least its something tbh, last years e3 was a shambles.

Plus I really don't see how you can pass judgement on FFXIII from about 2 minutes of confusing battle footage. The graphics were incredible either way
good mermington
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by darkos87)
I'm a bit worried they didn't bring Mass Effect 2, surely they could have substituted Joy Ride and Shadow Complex for a Mass Effect 2 announcement... *rolls eyes and wonders if Mass Effect will be multiplatform*
Mass effect 2 was at the EA conference and it was the same trailer thats been doing the rounds for a week, nothing special
darkos87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Left 4 dead is coming on pc and 360 only, and is created on valve... I just thought microsoft would be showing all its exclusives especially a big exclusive.
estel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
New Mario Wii game incoming: http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/articles...16/imgs_1.html
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm impressed with microsoft for once :congrats:

How practical their new motion sensor technology will be is another matter. It probably won't have much use until 2010 anyway.
estel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wrote some of my views: http://theboar.org/games/2009/jun/1/...ss-conference/
namedeprived
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by estel)
New Mario Wii game incoming: http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/articles...16/imgs_1.html
Where? Do you mean the one with Mario and Sonic? Because that's "Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games", a sequel to the relativley average first version.
estel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by namedeprived)
Where? Do you mean the one with Mario and Sonic? Because that's "Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games", a sequel to the relativley average first version.
The hidden panels. They're covered until an announcement is made (they did a similar thing last year), but you can make out some familiar shapes...
namedeprived
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by estel)
The hidden panels. They're covered until an announcement is made (they did a similar thing last year), but you can make out some familiar shapes...
Ah ok. My eyesight is obviously failing me!

Thanks for the information though, hope its true.
darkos87
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Considering Peter Molyneux's project, I think he is just being too ambitious (as usual). he is at the same time trying to implement motion capture technology in a 'game' (human tamagotchi) and at the same time trying to perfect artificial intelligence upto the point of 'A.I.' (steven spielberg movie was it?)

Now I'm not a computer whizz, but the amount of permutations required for human-human interactions will probably not fit in a game, and I can't see anyone being able to program algorithms for all the different options/activities you'll be able to do with Milo if Peter wants it to be a virtual boy.

It will probably just end up being a series of minigames with milo as a presenter, with loads of gimmicks to sell the concept of natal.

http://characters.media.mit.edu/Papers/challenges.pdf
just some of the challenges facing Peter
revop
Report 9 years ago
the real question is:

WHERE IS HITMAN 5?!
Rossotron
Report 9 years ago
Mircosoft announces a motion sensor controller big woop

I think it's funny that Microsoft and Sony are now deciding to incorporate motion sensing controllers onto thier hardware even tho they were out before the wii, only because inintendo did it and were successful.
Dan?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rossotron)

I think it's funny that Microsoft and Sony are now deciding to incorporate motion sensing controllers onto thier hardware even tho they were out before the wii, only because inintendo did it and were successful.
It's completely different to the Wii, it's a camera that watches you move. There's no controller.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8077369.stm
estel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rossotron)

Or because innovation in any field always requires new ideas to be made, found to be good and then universally adopted as a standard?
Also, the PS3 was released before the Wii, so it wasn't copying Nintendo's "success". Whether they "copied" the idea or not is debateable, but I personally don't think that they R&Ded and implemented a whole new controller in the few months between the Wii/Revolution announcement and the SIXAXIS unveiling.
mprules
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Judging by the lack of Force Feedback in the orig SIXAXIS and the fact it felt very much like a toy for a 2 year old id say they just left out the R&D and threw the thing out
estel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mprules)
Judging by the lack of Force Feedback in the orig SIXAXIS and the fact it felt very much like a toy for a 2 year old id say they just left out the R&D and threw the thing out
The lack of force feedback was due to a lawsuit with Immersion tech rather than because they hadn't R&D'd them being used together...
mprules
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The origonal statement released by sony was that it was a cost issue.... (ie they didnt want to pay for the licence) followed by a plain statement that FFeedback is a thing of the past

“I think that the next generation interfaces that can be created built on SIXAXIS motion sensitivity give tremendous gameplay benefits that far outweigh a reactive vibration function. The vibration function is the game sending a single channel of feedback to the player - six axis of input puts the player in control in a much richer, deeper way. So, game design can go in much more interesting directions as a result of that than from receiving a single input from the game itself.”
rbnphlp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was just havin a luk through bbc and this just blew me a away:eek: .. HAve a luk and see wat u guys think??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8077369.stm
Its the second video ay the bottom of the page
estel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No. Not really. See the E3 thread.
Dan?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I really hope Sony announce something big later on, after the Microsoft one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed