Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_mariposa)
    I got the impression that Sheffield want higher grades from European students (or they don't really know how to calculate the grades...) They asked for incredibly high qualifications from all EU students that I've seen on here and I personally believe that 1.3 in the Abitur is much harder to achieve that AAB :rolleyes:
    1.3 in the Abitur...? :eek: That's pretty high, isn't it? That would be a wee bit unfair (yet understandable), if they asked higher grades from European/International students. And I guess Law is a competitive course, isn't it? Is Sheffield your first choice?

And yes, those high offers suck, indeed. I'm scared ****less as I was only given high offers... I wanted Goldsmiths College to be my Insurance as I thought it was a bit easier to get an offer from them, but they rejected me straight away... :confused: Maybe I applied too late, I have no idea. And the two offers I'm holding right now are very high, I'm not even sure whether I'll be able to fulfil their conditions.... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLee)
    1.3 in the Abitur...? :eek: That's pretty high, isn't it? That would be a wee bit unfair (yet understandable), if they asked higher grades from European/International students. And I guess Law is a competitive course, isn't it? Is Sheffield your first choice?

And yes, those high offers suck, indeed. I'm scared ****less as I was only given high offers... I wanted Goldsmiths College to be my Insurance as I thought it was a bit easier to get an offer from them, but they rejected me straight away... :confused: Maybe I applied too late, I have no idea. And the two offers I'm holding right now are very high, I'm not even sure whether I'll be able to fulfil their conditions.... :mad:

Law may be competetive, but I'm applying for Politics and IR... But yes, 1.3 is from what I've heard a Cambridge standard offer :eek: And no it's not my first choice anymore. I have never heard anything from them since I applied. No open day inviations, nothing from the disability service... nothing. I know I shouldn't judge based on this, but I just get the impression they don't really care. :rolleyes:

I don't think applying late really matters. As far as I know they have to guarantee equal chances to everyone, no matter how late you apply. I don't know what it looks like in real life though
    But don't worry. My first two offers were quite high, too and I felt the same as you. Then I got the offer from York, who actually had told me their standard offer was 1.3-1.4 and they gave me a much lower one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aubydoll)
    Just... as in JUST? Do I need to start checking my emails at night now too :o:

Oooh congrats btw
    It wasnt JUST. Id been at UCL for the day and didnt have time to check my UCAS, so I probably got it some time during the afternoon. I bet you checked your email the moment you saw that, find anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psylencia)
    I've got my Interview letter this morning *screams in panic and fear*
    Don't worry you'll be fine. where is it for out of general interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    I'm so frustrated. Hurry up Cardiff.

Every time I check my email and there's nothing there it drives me crazy. :woo:
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm waiting for Cardiff too, it's so annoying! They usually don't wait that long so I'm worried

(Original post by Ducklighter)
    I think I'm gonna withdrawl my application from Keele and Staffordshire because it's so far away from home...
    Hey :jumphug: So have you heard back from Keele and Staffordshire?
    Which uni you want to choose then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm waiting for Cardiff too, it's so annoying! They usually don't wait that long so I'm worried
    That's why I'm worried!!! Anyone else I can find applying to the same department as me has got their reply really fast.

But I think they also tend to send rejections out just as quickly so hopefully it's a case of no news being good news since we haven't been rejected yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    That's why I'm worried!!! Anyone else I can find applying to the same department as me has got their reply really fast.

But I think they also tend to send rejections out just as quickly so hopefully it's a case of no news being good news since we haven't been rejected yet...
    Exactly! My friend waited only two weeks and I sent off my application 2 months ago But yeah, I'm glad that at least I've haven't been rejected yet, so there's still hope...

Anyway, good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Hey :jumphug: So have you heard back from Keele and Staffordshire?
    Which uni you want to choose then?
    Hello :hugs: I haven't heard from both. My parents are quite reluctant me to go up there because it's like 3 hours train inc £60/70 one way there

Oh, and Bournemouth decided not to run their course either =/ um

I may have Glamorgan as firm and UWE as insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddencat12)
    Don't worry you'll be fine. where is it for out of general interest?
    Digital Media Design at Winchester I've calmed down a bit now, it just all became suddenly real and soon when I opened the letter this morning.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Edinburgh. Now to wait for my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Hello :hugs: I haven't heard from both. My parents are quite reluctant me to go up there because it's like 3 hours train inc £60/70 one way there

Oh, and Bournemouth decided not to run their course either =/ um

I may have Glamorgan as firm and UWE as insurance.
    Oh I see But maybe you should wait with your decision?

And I have an offer from Hull! But tbh I'm not happy at all... it's my 5th choice and I'm still waiting for Sheffield and Cardiff :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I wish my final hope would hurry up and get back to me, because once they've rejected me (It's gunna happen - i've been rejected from my other 4 choices) i can get on with crying and applying to some others. I will, however, be classed as a late applicant now and the chances of me ending up somewhere i actually can picture myself at for 3 years of my life is pretty remote! So so negative x x

ReputationRep:
    Right I sent my ucas application off on the 25th of novemeber, for Politics at Durham, Bristol, LSE, Edinburgh and Bristol and until today(where i was rejected from Bristol) I have heard nothing at all apart from the acknowledgements. I'm still in the department at Durham and it is just really downheartening as no one I know of has not got any offers who applied in 2009 lol However I know people who have been rejected from all 5 of the above so that is kind of encouraging... Does anyone else still have no offers after such a long time/is this normal from these 5 unis,or am I just a doomed to being one of 150,000 people this year who will not get into university?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see But maybe you should wait with your decision?

And I have an offer from Hull! But tbh I'm not happy at all... it's my 5th choice and I'm still waiting for Sheffield and Cardiff :mmm:

Yayyy :yes: Offfer! Go you!

I am considering withdrawing my application from Keele and Staffordshire to be honnest, I wasn't really on intending to go there, it was just mainly fillers for the application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timreynolds)
    Right I sent my ucas application off on the 25th of novemeber, for Politics at Durham, Bristol, LSE, Edinburgh and Bristol and until today(where i was rejected from Bristol) I have heard nothing at all apart from the acknowledgements. I'm still in the department at Durham and it is just really downheartening as no one I know of has not got any offers who applied in 2009 lol However I know people who have been rejected from all 5 of the above so that is kind of encouraging... Does anyone else still have no offers after such a long time/is this normal from these 5 unis,or am I just a doomed to being one of 150,000 people this year who will not get into university?!
    They don't have to let you know until the end of March, so no need to panic just yet. I'll move this into a similar thread for all those who are in your position of waiting for offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.Grace)
    I wish my final hope would hurry up and get back to me, because once they've rejected me (It's gunna happen - i've been rejected from my other 4 choices) i can get on with crying and applying to some others. I will, however, be classed as a late applicant now and the chances of me ending up somewhere i actually can picture myself at for 3 years of my life is pretty remote! So so negative x x
    Don't worry, I'm sure that it will be 5th time lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.Grace)
    :hugs: That must suck, but good luck with your last choice and there's always the chance you'll find something you like through extra/clearing.

ReputationRep:
    I applied in November, very early November, and well it's now the 5th of Feb, and i've still not heard a thing from Bristol or Durham, and just repeated emails from Warwick saying my application is being considered and they've not forgotten me.

Anyone else in this situation, waiting for any of those Unis?

I'm applying for History v100, btw.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for bristol and durham.... for english though

ReputationRep:
    What do you expect? History is very competitive :yep: and you have a nice shiny offer from UCL.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.