Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I liked the first goal as well, Ibra's look-the-other-way pass :flutter:

For all of the Arsenal Barca hype it's the Milan Spurs game i'm looking forward to more, I think it'll be a great tie. Spurs will need VDV and Bale though, not sure on their fitness :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Bale is out, VDV will get injured in the first half

ReputationRep:
    I think Spurs are doomed. They're without their three best players, aren't they? Without Modric, Bale and VDV there's no-one to really trouble the excellent Nesta-Silva partnership, except maybe Kranjcar (seriously, why is he so underrated?). And Robinho-Ibra-Pato vs. Hutton-Gallas-Dawson-Assou-Ekotto? :afraid:

I can see this being a repeat of the first half of the Inter-Spurs game at the San Siro.

ReputationRep:
    I hope VDV gets crocked. I need him not to play in FF as much as anything else.

ReputationRep:
    If VDV is out for the season it makes my decisions very easy too. Who is the midfield bulldog for Milan nowadays, could help us out somewhat :flute:

ReputationRep:
    Juve v Inter later on, may tune in for that.

ReputationRep:
    If Spurs were playing the Milan of last year then they'd go through IMO, but this new Milan seems more youthful in attack and judging by the 4-0 win, more beautiful on the eye. Spurs have got to go their with a 4-5-1 and get a draw and take em back to WHL with something to go forward with. I've got a feeling Redknapp might try to be ambitious and go two up top which could backfire on him.

ReputationRep:
    Zlatan seems so happy at Milan :holmes:

All for goals got me a bit wet tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    I liked the first goal as well, Ibra's look-the-other-way pass :flutter:

For all of the Arsenal Barca hype it's the Milan Spurs game i'm looking forward to more, I think it'll be a great tie. Spurs will need VDV and Bale though, not sure on their fitness :beard:
    Agreed :yep: The ArseBarca game is basically going to be a de-lube raping. Resulting in a lot of penetration and a lack of defence.

I would say Arsenal will have sore bum holes after their raping but tbh, they got raped so hard last time that they haven't had enough time for their holes to close back over.

ReputationRep:
    Nice piece on Pedro.....

ReputationRep:
    Pedro was rested yesterday, should be ready to strut his stuff against Arsenal. :teeth: I must admit I thought he was overrated at first but he has been impressing me.

Realistic chance that Real Madrid could drop points tonight? Espanyol have a very impressive home record - 8 wins and 2 losses (to Barcelona and a narrow loss to Villareal last week). I'll be watching Inter v Juventus but if it's a borefest I'll switch over. :bandit:

The sex and football references ffs. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    If VDV is out for the season it makes my decisions very easy too. Who is the midfield bulldog for Milan nowadays, could help us out somewhat :flute:
    I think Gattuso is out of the game, so is Pirlo. As for the midfield bulldog, they can either go with experience in Ambrosini, youth in Kevin Prince Boeting or the under-used Flamini. I think Allegri will go with Ambrosini though if he uses just 1 defensive midfielder, but since Pirlo is out I wouldn't be surprised if he played Boeting alongside.

ReputationRep:
    Juventus vs. Inter :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    Casillas sent off after 90 seconds for Madrid :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Juventus 1-0 up....

ReputationRep:
    It must be frustrating for Di Maria, got subbed in the 3rd minute because of Casillas sending off.

ReputationRep:
    Great performance from Madrid. Marcelo has been very dangerous going forwards and took his goal well, and despite the man disadvantage Madrid have looked the more likely to score, they've been dangerous on the counter attack. Alonso looks like he'll be sent off if he stays on the pitch much longer though, without him their midfield may struggle to pick out the passes that have set the attack free on the counter.

If Espanyol start taking control of the game the Madrid left side could be exposed, Marcelo (who can't really defend anyway) covered by Ronaldo in a game where the opposition has most of the ball :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Nedved in the crowd. :sexface: I've seen him at quite a few Juve matches this season. He probs lives in Turin. Juve have parked the bus now, Inter struggling to break them.

ReputationRep:
    Nedved is a director at Juve now. :wink2:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.