Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can anyone find the grade boundary for AQA???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma1701)
    I think I might cry.
    I dont know what i can say if i gotta phone them and beg....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    I know me neither... I think I missed my offer by two grades though so I'm probably a lost cause anyway
    I'm sort of resigned to the fact that if I don't get the grades, theres probably not alot I can say that would sway them anyway, at least not if they have had our results since Sunday... surely four whole friggin' days later they'd have made up their mind
    Ah well, nothing we can do now may aswell enjoy our last day of being cambridge offer holders besides, think positive, we might get the grades you never know!

(Original post by Amy Luo)
      They should know in advance that you've missed your offer, I imagine.

One thing that's worth bearing in mind, though, is that your place is "reserved" for you, so if you miss your offer, their choice is between taking you or taking nobody. In that respect, it's a little easier to persuade them because there's nobody to compete against (unlike getting your offer in the first place!). Trinity, known for its high academic standards, acknowledges that it might sometimes make exceptions, albeit in rare cases (there's an FAQ on their website).

Besides, there's always the Summer Pool:

(Original post by Cambridge Admissions Office)

2.7.4 Arrangements for the Summer Pool

The vagaries of any admissions system which is based on conditional offers can result in a few unfortunate anomalies when the A Level results become known in August. Some Colleges find that they are overfull, and cannot lower any offers, even to applicants who have a genuine reason for under-achieving. Other Colleges find themselves unexpectedly with a few places to spare.
      • Colleges should bring to the attention of the Director of Admissions or Helen Reed (CAO) the name of any applicant who has failed to achieve the required conditions but who ought, in all fairness, to receive an offer if a place can be found in another College. If a place cannot be found for the immediate year, the preference College should consider whether the offer of a deferred place in these circumstances is appropriate.

I'm sure you'll be fine though! :console:

ReputationRep:
      you poor things still worried , no iam just kidding where i live our grades came the last , first the ib then the national exams then us so everybody was getting confirmed places from universities except us gce takers , but i think you sholdn't worry, i never expected to get the grades i got but i guess if they give you the offer they pretty much know you can do it

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by emma1701)
      awww thanks *hug*
      but I'm gonna hold you to that on Thursday morning...
      *hug*
      It's okay, you may do so
      On Thursday morning, we will all be sitting here thinking "How silly of us to have worried so much!:rolleyes:"
      (or at least, this is what I'm telling myself right now to keep myself happy.)

ReputationRep:
      Last day of being a Cambridge offer holder....

:eek::eek3::eek::eek3:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kpatb)
      On Thursday morning, we will all be sitting here thinking "How silly of us to have worried so much!:rolleyes:"
      (or at least, this is what I'm telling myself right now to keep myself happy.)
      That's a VERY good thought. I'll cling on to that.

ReputationRep:
      I only could be asleep for 5 hrs! Can't believe only a grade boundary can make me so anxious!
      AQA now published it but another big worry is here!!

ReputationRep:
      24 hours to go......

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kpatb)
      Last day of being a Cambridge offer holder....

:eek::eek3::eek::eek3:
      You're still an offer holder 'till you get there - and really most people do.
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      :eek4:

ReputationRep:
      Any letters?

ReputationRep:
      :bawling::eek4::grumble::headfire::hmpf::mad2::pinch::puppyeyes::rant::zomg::banghead:

ReputationRep:
      Just a heads up for you all - tomorrow (at around 6.30am!) I will be renaming this thread "The Cambridge 2011 Freshers Thread". There will be two other relevant threads for you: The Official Cambridge 2011 Results Thread, and The Cambridge Results Day Chat Thread. The former will be for posting your results in, and the latter will be for discussion of your results and so on I'll post links in here tomorrow morning when I rename the thread. Lots of luck to all of you, I'm sure you'll all be fine

ReputationRep:
      Wow... you people are tightly wound. Semi-acceptable though. RELAX! Very few people miss their offers, and those who do not only have begging as an option but the Summer pool as well. You're better placed than other unis!
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      I just hope tomorrow a miracle happens and Emma are still taking me in :afraid:

ReputationRep:
      Is it likely that we'll receive letters today? Has anyone received one, or even their post for today yet?

ReputationRep:
      will they definitely send out the letters today?

ReputationRep:
      will the results be to our schools by the end of today or tomorrow?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.