Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Netflix is dead easy to cancel too - it's not like Lovefilm where you have to ring a person and they try and make you stay. With Netflix you literally just click a button and its gone
    Yeah I'm using it right now! It's very good! , watching The Beast Below at the moment, can't believe I didn't give Matt Smith a chance!

ReputationRep:
    Guys how many series have there been now? I've lost track, the last full one I watched was the one just after David Tennant left, with Matt Smith (which was series 5 I think?) But I've not kept up with it at all since then due to losing interest/uni etc, and felt like catching up again!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ameritus)
    Guys how many series have there been now? I've lost track, the last full one I watched was the one just after David Tennant left, with Matt Smith (which was series 5 I think?) But I've not kept up with it at all since then due to losing interest/uni etc, and felt like catching up again!
    There've been 7 full seasons since the reboot:

1: Eccleston and Rose
    2: Tennant and Rose
    3: Tennant and Martha
    4: Tennant and Donna
    4.5 Tennant
    5: Smith and Ponds
    6: Smith and Ponds
    7: Smith and Ponds for 1st half/Smith and Clara for second half.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think that perhaps Prisoner Zero was a Zygon who just preferred the snakey form to the actual form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Netflix has all the series except the one aired this year I believe?

The last few episodes can be found through.... other methods.
    Netflix has New Who series 1-5 (not series 6 or 7 yet they're on the American version of Netflix). It used to have pretty much all of the classic episodes but they decided to celebrate the 50th anniversary year by taking them down.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Does anyone know if there's a website where I can catch up on everything? I stopped watching after David Tennant basically... need to get back into it before this episode
    Plenty of streams you just need go through google (not aloud to link).

The first series of Matt Smith is not bad, the second was a bit rubbish. The third series can see the first half largely missed aside from Asylum of the Daleks. The second half is pretty good and Nightmare in Silver is the best episode since the Pandorica. Oh and watch the last Christmas special, it was brilliant and links.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Plenty of streams you just need go through google (not aloud to link).

The first series of Matt Smith is not bad, the second was a bit rubbish. The third series can see the first half largely missed aside from Asylum of the Daleks. The second half is pretty good and Nightmare in Silver is the best episode since the Pandorica. Oh and watch the last Christmas special, it was brilliant and links.
    Hi Rakas I'll be searching for series 6 now. I finished all 14 episodes since that last post and they were all very good (apart from the Lodger which was a tad lackluster). Is there a way I can get it on my TV? I used Netflix for series 5 and I was able to watch it on my TV using my Wii U but apparently Netflix doesn't even have series 6 or 7. Do the streams support play via the internet on Wii U/PS3 etc ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi Rakas I'll be searching for series 6 now. I finished all 14 episodes since that last post and they were all very good (apart from the Lodger which was a tad lackluster). Is there a way I can get it on my TV? I used Netflix for series 5 and I was able to watch it on my TV using my Wii U but apparently Netflix doesn't even have series 6 or 7. Do the streams support play via the internet on Wii U/PS3 etc ?
    You'd need a smart TV and to just stream via google unless you stream from a laptop and just connect to your TV.

ReputationRep:
    I heard a spoiler about The Day of the Doctor that if true gives the basic plot away so its not too spoilery but still spoilery
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Great Intelligence's interference with The Doctor's timeline has caused the timelock to size to exist over the events of the Time War and this is why John Hurt's doctor is appearing in the special I think and this makes sense from the images of daleks that fought in the Time War being posted around the internet.Is it possible John Hurt's doctor could have been trapped in the Time War,assuming the possibility he is just a manifestation of the Doctor or that the Doctor left this part of his personality in the Time War-I know this contradicts with the virtually established theory that John Hurt is the 9th incarnation of the Timelord known as the Doctor but I really don't want John Hurt to be an incarnation between the 8th and 9th Doctor because it completely messes with the established canon that it was the 8th Doctor, who fought the Time War and killed the Daleks and the Timelords.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    The American Netflix has series 6. That's the respect license fee payers get It's easy to access the American version of Netflix from the UK and doing so is perfectly legal as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarred)
    The American Netflix has series 6. That's the respect license fee payers get It's easy to access the American version of Netflix from the UK and doing so is perfectly legal as far as I know.
    Hi Jarred,

How exactly would I access The American Netflix? Does it work with UK membership, I would ideally like to watch series 6 on my TV but I'm fine if American netflix only works on my computer. (Will be using my Wii U).

On a side note, Series 6 is quite bad
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Hi Jarred,

How exactly would I access The American Netflix? Does it work with UK membership, I would ideally like to watch series 6 on my TV but I'm fine if American netflix only works on my computer. (Will be using my Wii U).

On a side note, Series 6 is quite bad
    I'm not sure how you'd do it on the Wii U, but on PC it's as simple as downloading an add-on for Chrome and yeah it uses the UK membership.

And yes it is a little bit It had some really great ideas, much more complex and intelligent than what they did in the other series so it should have been better, but it was plagued with absolutely terrible execution.

ReputationRep:
    watching this thread now as I am a massive fan of Doctor Who

ReputationRep:
    24 DAYS TILL THE BIG DAY! 50TH ANNIVERSARY ;o ;o One direction have stolen the 23rd november with 'One direction day'. Im disgusted..its doctor who day!

ReputationRep:
    Just so you'll know. I'm dressing as a Weeping Angel for work tonight. Going to be epic.

(Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Just so you'll know. I'm dressing as a Weeping Angel for work tonight. Going to be epic.
    Well surely that's going to be rather boring - you'll have to spend the majority of the night standing perfectly still!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Well surely that's going to be rather boring - you'll have to spend the majority of the night standing perfectly still!
    And have a lot of fun when the strobe lighting comes on. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    What if you get down to funny business and then they stare at you, and you just stand completely still?

You'll surely lose out on the V. Depends if you're after the V though.

Alternatively what if a guy with a knife comes up to you and you stand still?

:rip:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Pics? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameliapond)
    What if you get down to funny business and then they stare at you, and you just stand completely still?

You'll surely lose out on the V. Depends if you're after the V though.

Alternatively what if a guy with a knife comes up to you and you stand still?

:rip:
    I'm working behind the bar so hardly out on the V.

Guy pulls out a knife, in the blink of an eye I'll be gone.

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Pics? :puppyeyes:
    I'll try. The only snag is my hands have to be clean! So I just won't paint them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.