Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Did you not ask for a remark in any of those subjects?
    Nope! I was considering it for all but maths but I just didn't have the money to lose if they didn't improve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    First 2 aren't in the country.
    Bullied victims, I said self defense classes for kids.
    His victims, how many actually affected? Tiny amount. They receive help as it is
    First two may not be in the country, but by that logic you won't be able to help the hobos in London, you don't live there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Nope! I was considering it for all but maths but I just didn't have the money to lose if they didn't improve
    oh didn't your school pay for some of the remarks as you were so close to the boundaries? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    First two may not be in the country, but by that logic you won't be able to help the hobos in London, you don't live there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might move there

This is just me being naive, a guy can dream.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sr-96)
    oh didn't your school pay for some of the remarks as you were so close to the boundaries? :eek:
    I wish! But nope, my school would never have done such a thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Does anyone else hate it when you are trying to revise for an exam and there is so much noise downstairs?...

jatz
    Yes! I can't stand noise when I'm trying to concentrate on something :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else hate it when you are trying to revise for an exam and there is so much noise downstairs?...

jatz
    are you revising now? or was that just random :lol:

Wow! 11 days left !! (as today is almost over)

How does everyone feel?
    I'm quite nervous...

Jatz
    actually it hasn't crossed my mind today :O

ReputationRep:
    I might move there

This is just me being naive, a guy can dream.
    The sky is your limit ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The sky is your limit ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's too low

Ex astronaut wannabe here

ReputationRep:

jatz
    You talking from experience or is this now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's too low

Ex astronaut wannabe here
    'The only limit is the one you set yourself'- 10 points if you can guess where this is from

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'The only limit is the one you set yourself'- 10 points if you can guess where this is from

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lolface32?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I am wondering about whether I'm going to open my results up around other people or whether I'm going to take them home to open by myself.Both have pros and cons if my results are really good I will be upset to not have been able to boast but if they are bad it will ruin my reputation but then again I could just boast on Facebook.Last Year, the school decided to not even give us an envelope and as I was taking it I saw that I had failed Geography(C grade) and that meant that I put them away and ignored people asking about them because I thought they could have been really bad but the rest of the results were great.
    Dude. This kinda stuff is what is making many of us not want to open our results in front of everyone else. We don't all want people like you shoving it in our faces that's you've got 55A*s!
    I'm sure you've worked hard but boasting like that won't get you far like you should be getting because of your grades. We've ALL worked hard, not just you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's a fine line between boasting and being happy. Go spread it but don't put it in other people's faces

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, people who boast and get in your face just come across as complete **** heads to put it frankly.

Being happy and sharing your results, being pleased with what you got, is of course what you should be expressing, just not boasting

ReputationRep:
    lol no, I'm talking about previous experience with GCSEs...

Hehe, 11 days to go!! This is intense... How are you opening your results? Like in front of your friends or at school??

What A-levels are you doing this year?

Jatz
    ohh haha

and yeah definitely, im pretty confident in my results I guess and I always have :lol: I have the one friend who's also my rival :lol: although he's only ever beat me in physics (not this time though he hated P3 )

ive learnt most of AS maths this year so I will just be going over it I'll be doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and physics

what about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Exactly, people who boast and get in your face just come across as complete **** heads to put it frankly.

Being happy and sharing your results, being pleased with what you got, is of course what you should be expressing, just not boasting
    You can easily seen to be boasting when you're actually just happy. It's annoying sometimes

Exactly! Finally someone understands me

One time I was trying to revise for my biology exam and my dad was downstairs talking to my mum , and my dad some proper deep voice so I could hear everything when I was revising and it's so annoying !!

Hey, how are you feeling for Results Day??

Jatz
    Its worse for me as my parents talk loudly in a different language. Processing revision and a completely different language is brain killing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    x
    Did you actually find it hard?

What about chem and phy?

ReputationRep:
    I looked at the calendar and saw the date. Realised there's less than two weeks arrgh. Finally decided its English Lit, Geography and then Lang I'm most worried about...

ReputationRep:
    I'll be happy because we can't change our results lol

Jatz
    :cry2: *sucks thumb*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.