Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondie23456)
    I have an interview at York St John on the 16th Dec.

Anyone else?

Ps for lower primary
    Same here! Did you get an article about teaching as a masters subject as an attachment in your email? It didn't say anything about it in the email or on the website, so I emailed them and they said they've decided to drop the written test from the interview! Incase you were wondering too

ReputationRep:
    In regard to the '40 days'

Is that the time in which they have to interview you and make a decision or is that just 40 days to decide whether or not to interview and then another time frame begins when you have been interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    In regard to the '40 days'

Is that the time in which they have to interview you and make a decision or is that just 40 days to decide whether or not to interview and then another time frame begins when you have been interviewed?
    From what I understand everything should be done within this period, that's how I interpret it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    Thank you everyone

It was actually very easy.... No stress at all! I'm pretty sure I only got about 3 wrong altogether on the numeracy one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done you! I passed my lit today and have numeracy tomorrow, I hope nerves don't get the better of me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was told at an open day that they have to have interviewed and made decisions by the 40 day deadline.

I know the schools are busy and I am greatful that they are even letting me volunteer. I just want to know that they are willing to even give me a reference as I have my previous employer on standby to give me a reference if the school haven't got time. My employer would be a better reference anyway in my opinion as I have worked for them over a year and spent 4 years training with them in my previous profession. I only asked the school as I was told that I had to have my uni tutor and the school as references.

ReputationRep:
    First reference in, second one (and unfortunately it's my primary reference!) is struggling with accessing the UCAS site to submit her reference. If it's not one thing, it's another...! Really hoping she can access it from the school computer today...

Anyone else's referees had a problem accessing the site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAEVIE)
    Same here! Did you get an article about teaching as a masters subject as an attachment in your email? It didn't say anything about it in the email or on the website, so I emailed them and they said they've decided to drop the written test from the interview! Incase you were wondering too
    Hello,

NoI didn't have any attachments in my email? I'm confused.. so its just the interview and the 8 minute lesson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumpadaisy)
    I was told at an open day that they have to have interviewed and made decisions by the 40 day deadline.

I know the schools are busy and I am greatful that they are even letting me volunteer. I just want to know that they are willing to even give me a reference as I have my previous employer on standby to give me a reference if the school haven't got time. My employer would be a better reference anyway in my opinion as I have worked for them over a year and spent 4 years training with them in my previous profession. I only asked the school as I was told that I had to have my uni tutor and the school as references.
    That doesn't give them long to interview. sunderland uni haven't even arranged interviews yet and they told me some time in Jan. But if you go by 40 day rule I should of had an interview by then? As far as I'm aware they just have to let you know if you have an interview by 40 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondie23456)
    Hello,

NoI didn't have any attachments in my email? I'm confused.. so its just the interview and the 8 minute lesson?

Yeah that's what he said to me! They sent me the attachment by accident because it used to be part of their interview process.

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Winchester for the 11th!
    Just waiting to hear back from St Mary's now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    That doesn't give them long to interview. sunderland uni haven't even arranged interviews yet and they told me some time in Jan. But if you go by 40 day rule I should of had an interview by then? As far as I'm aware they just have to let you know if you have an interview by 40 days

I wouldn't worry about it, none of mine have even acknowledged my application I am applying for SCITT and school direct though so they make take longer. (I hope)

ReputationRep:
    Just a note - it's 40 working days, so that doesn't include weekends, or the christmas period when UCAS is closed (which is at least the christmas week, possibly longer) so 40 days is closer to the end of January than anything else

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from the University of Edinburgh Primary?

ReputationRep:
    Another one still waiting on a reference- the head teacher hasn't even confirmed! It's so stressful, she keeps telling me that she'll do it in the next couple of days. I'm just so frustrated, I asked her months ago, then at the start of term, then again 2 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etiquette)
    Another one still waiting on a reference- the head teacher hasn't even confirmed! It's so stressful, she keeps telling me that she'll do it in the next couple of days. I'm just so frustrated, I asked her months ago, then at the start of term, then again 2 weeks ago.
    Argh stressful isn't it! Emailed my primary reference today to say ucas was live again and had no reply.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know it is so stressful isn't it. I am awaiting my second reference too. I keep seeing posts about people being invited to interviews and it makes me feel even more stressed out!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and you're trying to toe the line between persuasion and annoying when you email them. I mean, I really doubt I'm getting a personalised reference anyway, I'm pretty sure it's a stock one.

ReputationRep:
    Second reference finally in and my application is now away. The blind panic can subside for a little while until I (hopefully) get interview invites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etiquette)

(Original post by LaurieLee)
    Argh stressful isn't it! Emailed my primary reference today to say ucas was live again and had no reply.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Sara Jayne)
    I know it is so stressful isn't it. I am awaiting my second reference too. I keep seeing posts about people being invited to interviews and it makes me feel even more stressed out!!!
    In the same boat as all of you. Frustrating, isn't it! I emailed my secondary referee on Thursday asking her politely when she plans to complete it but I've had no reply. That normally wouldn't be a problem but she always replies to emails promptly and I know she's ignoring me.

ReputationRep:
    Received interview offers from all three choices for the 11th, 12th and 18th of December. This all just became a bit more real! I am not prepared at all...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.