Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuni530)
    What do u mean both interviews. my actual interview lasted like 25mins so it varies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry I confused myself with the fact that the panel has 2 interviewers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they didn't like me then. My interview was exactly 15 minutes :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XingBairong)
    Maybe they didn't like me then. My interview was exactly 15 minutes :L
    Ahhh u never know. They kept laughing in my interview and i felt like they were laughing at me loool so maybe mine was longer coz they were bored and wanted something to laugh at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, I thought I was the only one who was being laughed at. Did you have two middle-aged black men as interviewers? I had them and they kept laughing together like two children in a playground. It was terribly off-putting.

ReputationRep:
    They also kept cutting me off half way through my answers, even though the rest of my answer would have covered the point they were cutting me off on. It was really very annoying and borderline unacceptable. Besides, I hate the fact that Barts has 6 separate interviewing teams. How are we supposed to remove the subjectivity and make sure everyone is marked on a level scale? I'm quite appalled to be completely honest. I know it's not practical to have one team do all the interviews, but at least they could have selected interviewers who wouldn't start laughing at you like little children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enjoy Life)
    They also kept cutting me off half way through my answers, even though the rest of my answer would have covered the point they were cutting me off on. It was really very annoying and borderline unacceptable. Besides, I hate the fact that Barts has 6 separate interviewing teams. How are we supposed to remove the subjectivity and make sure everyone is marked on a level scale? I'm quite appalled to be completely honest. I know it's not practical to have one team do all the interviews, but at least they could have selected interviewers who wouldn't start laughing at you like little children.
    Yhh i get what u mean but i guess they all have a standardised marking method? It was off putting not being in the room by myself and i felt alittle claustrophobic in the cubicle :/ i had one middle aged black man, the other was asian/ arab . Mine weren't laughing with each other tbh. They mainly laughed when i joked about the h&c line and the student and asian/arab man kept smiling at me the whole time. The student seemed like he was in awe loool im not sure if that was the role he was playing or he just liked me looooool. Guess we will find out in about two weeks time!! Eeek

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuni530)
    Yhh i get what u mean but i guess they all have a standardised marking method? It was off putting not being in the room by myself and i felt alittle claustrophobic in the cubicle :/ i had one middle aged black man, the other was asian/ arab . Mine weren't laughing with each other tbh. They mainly laughed when i joked about the h&c line and the student and asian/arab man kept smiling at me the whole time. The student seemed like he was in awe loool im not sure if that was the role he was playing or he just liked me looooool. Guess we will find out in about two weeks time!! Eeek

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had them too but there was no student the day I had my interview. The asian/arab man spoke really quietly and I think I was leaning across half the table when he asked a question. I found their accents slightly difficult to understand at times too. I think they noticed because they asked a question relating to that. I won't specify because people will get angwy haha

Also banged into the table on the way in and on the way out. Maybe they didn't notice? (They definitely noticed)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ippington)
    I had them too but there was no student the day I had my interview. The asian/arab man spoke really quietly and I think I was leaning across half the table when he asked a question. I found their accents slightly difficult to understand at times too. I think they noticed because they asked a question relating to that. I won't specify because people will get angwy haha

Also banged into the table on the way in and on the way out. Maybe they didn't notice? (They definitely noticed)
    This made me happy because I banged into the table on the way in and out too!! Glad someone's as clumsy as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    This made me happy because I banged into the table on the way in and out too!! Glad someone's as clumsy as me
    URGENT: Does anybody know if Barts has a policy against potentially clumsy doctors?

ReputationRep:
    So did anyone else have two middle aged black guys, who enjoyed laughing at you after every answer, and interrupting every time you tried to make a point?

I was in group F on Monday if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today. Felt like it went horribly! (Sorry if I'm putting off those of you who haven't had it yet...) but personally I felt a bit intimidated and the whole atmosphere in the tiny corner of the room was a bit claustrophobic! It went on for about 30 mins. I had two female interviewers and I was in group D. Was it just me or did they frighten anyone else?

when waiting for my interview I could hear loads of laughing which made me feel better but once I got there it was nothing like it. ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS Miz)
    Had my interview today. Felt like it went horribly! (Sorry if I'm putting off those of you who haven't had it yet...) but personally I felt a bit intimidated and the whole atmosphere in the tiny corner of the room was a bit claustrophobic! It went on for about 30 mins. I had two female interviewers and I was in group D. Was it just me or did they frighten anyone else?

when waiting for my interview I could hear loads of laughing which made me feel better but once I got there it was nothing like it. ...
    I was in group D, I agree that they didn't really put you at ease

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how much do they allow for nervousness?

also is it alright if your speech is weird (talking erraticly) , but they still understand you? i.e. how much would i get marked down???

ReputationRep:
    I was in group D and my interviewers were lovely, they smiled a lot and seemed really interested in everything I had to say. Possibly the nicest interview I've ever had, I found the whole atmosphere really nice, everyone was very friendly and relaxed. Anyone who has an interview tomorrow shouldn't worry .

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how they rank us after interview? Is it holistically so it includes our personal statement/grades etc. or is it just based on the interview and thats the deciding factor? Im really confused, also what were they looking for??

ReputationRep:
    Stop torturing yourselves guys. Nobody knows how things are marked or what they will "mark you down on." and anybody who tells you they do know is likely making it up. Just relax and try as best as possible to put it to the back of your mind till mid March (especially if you have A-levels to study for, the stress will not help at all!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ippington)
    URGENT: Does anybody know if Barts has a policy against potentially clumsy doctors?

Haha I really hope not!

ReputationRep:
    OMG I want to cry. I said some really, really, REALLY stupid things and most of the questions caught me completely off guard. I feel so horrible especially since my reference was brought up and my tutor said some truly lovely things. I feel like I really let him down by being such a retard. At the end, the interviewer started telling me why I should choose Barts. This made me even sadder because I knew all the things he was saying which makes me want to go to Barts even more but after such a horrendous interview... I was also told we'd hear back by mid march.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    I did too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    OMG I want to cry. I said some really, really, REALLY stupid things and most of the questions caught me completely off guard. I feel so horrible especially since my reference was brought up and my tutor said some truly lovely things. I feel like I really let him down by being such a retard. At the end, the interviewer started telling me why I should choose Barts. This made me even sadder because I knew all the things he was saying which makes me want to go to Barts even more but after such a horrendous interview... I was also told we'd hear back by mid march.
    I really think you did better than you think...you never really know what they're looking for you know? Stay positive and hopefully the wait won't be too long

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.