Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alumno)
    "Posted on: 13 February 2014

A further multiple mini-interview date has been scheduled for:

Thursday 13 March 2014

Please note that we are continuing to email out invitations to attend interview and final decisions on applications. This will be an ongoing process and some applicants may not receive a decision until 31 March 2014.

Please do not contact us if you have not yet heard, as this delays our process."

Hope endures! I hope this means those that are still waiting get a shot at an interview !
    That's great news for all those still waiting to hear about invites!

Though I must admit the selfish part of my brain is thinking "so us interviewed in January are going to have to wait EVEN longer to hear our outcomes".

The paranoid part of my brain is going "maybe we were all so terrible at my interviews they've had to schedule another one!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alumno)
    "posted on: 13 february 2014

a further multiple mini-interview date has been scheduled for:

Thursday 13 march 2014

please note that we are continuing to email out invitations to attend interview and final decisions on applications. This will be an ongoing process and some applicants may not receive a decision until 31 march 2014.

Please do not contact us if you have not yet heard, as this delays our process."

hope endures! I hope this means those that are still waiting get a shot at an interview !
    yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

Thursday 13 March 2014

Please note that we are continuing to email out invitations to attend interview and final decisions on applications. This will be an ongoing process and some applicants may not receive a decision until 31 March 2014.

Hope endures! I hope this means those that are still waiting get a shot at an interview !
    Oh my gosh, YAY! Thanks for updating us on here!

I just PRAY I get an interview from Leicester, it's my last hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skjsy)
    What is the no interviews : no of Offer ratio at Leicester for international students. My understanding is they interview 100 for 17 seats?
    The ratio is somewhat around there.

17 seems to be about the right number in my cohort.

ReputationRep:

Thursday 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for this! I had literally lost hope! Hoping that I get an interview invite for Leicester!! Eeeeeek! I'm actually sat on the bus smiling like an idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kind of happy that more people are getting interviews...but gutted too as it means more competition

(although I've kind of written Leicester off anyway !)

ReputationRep:

Thursday 13 March 2014

This is the best news I have heard today... I am just hoping on an interview iA, Leicester is my last hope and my favourite from the very start!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Januu Dolly)
    This is the best news I have heard today... I am just hoping on an interview iA, Leicester is my last hope and my favourite from the very start!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently this is only for the a100 undergraduates and not the a101.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Gin)
    Good luck!
    Thank you! Best of luck for your application too

ReputationRep:

Thursday 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for posting this I had literally lost all hope. Any 58's still waiting for an interview invite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jckc123)
    The ratio is somewhat around there.

17 seems to be about the right number in my cohort.
    does anyone know if they've made any offers to international students yet..?

ReputationRep:
    Have there been any rejections yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic77)
    does anyone know if they've made any offers to international students yet..?
    I would not know, sorry.
    I'm currently a first year student and got my offer about the end of february last year, two weeks after my interview.

Where are you applying from by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on the 18th... that's one weekend away. Plus I have to travel from france and stay overnight.

Umm.
    Question: I've just read in previous pages that there are some stations where you are left alone to do a task under surveillance. I know that you aren't allowed to give specific information, but can you tell me... if there are some normal stations where you have to sit in front of a stern-faced Brit asking you stuff like Why do you want to be a doctor? and What can you tell me about yourself? You have 6.9 minutes​.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malik8050)
    I have an interview on the 18th... that's one weekend away. Plus I have to travel from france and stay overnight.

Umm.
    Question: I've just read in previous pages that there are some stations where you are left alone to do a task under surveillance. I know that you aren't allowed to give specific information, but can you tell me... if there are some normal stations where you have to sit in front of a stern-faced Brit asking you stuff like Why do you want to be a doctor? and What can you tell me about yourself? You have 6.9 minutes​.
    Nope we can't tell you that. :P

I will say everyone was very nice and the stations fit to what they say they are looking for at the interview. I found it quite enjoyable so don't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyk89)
    Nope we can't tell you that. :P

I will say everyone was very nice and the stations fit to what they say they are looking for at the interview. I found it quite enjoyable so don't worry too much.
    Not really worried about how I handle the situation (nervous, mumbling, forgetfullness ect. is just not me) but about questions which require specific knowledge I could not have researched.

For example: the NHS.
    This or that reform in 2012. You're not a british native, haven't been following british news and frankly, only opened up BBC Health after they shut it down... I'm severely disadvantaged compared to other candidates in this aspect, since they saw the interview coming from a year ago and could do all the research they could want using resources I could never have (like the morning newspaper).

I keep asking how much of this specific knowledge is required (which can be reformulated as how many questions about UK medical practice I will have to pass on ) but they saw they can't give me a sliver of an answer.

On top of all that, I haven't had a full conversation in english with someone outside my immediate family in 2 years. Yay.

I just need to rate myself on a scale of zero to screwed.

PS: That's not being nervous, that's being cooly cynical.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malik8050)
    Not really worried about how I handle the situation (nervous, mumbling, forgetfullness ect. is just not me) but about questions which require specific knowledge I could not have researched.

For example: the NHS.
    This or that reform in 2012. You're not a british native, haven't been following british news and frankly, only opened up BBC Health after they shut it down... I'm severely disadvantaged compared to other candidates in this aspect, since they saw the interview coming from a year ago and could do all the research they could want using resources I could never have (like the morning newspaper).

I keep asking how much of this specific knowledge is required (which can be reformulated as how many questions about UK medical practice I will have to pass on ) but they saw they can't give me a sliver of an answer.

On top of all that, I haven't had a full conversation in english with someone outside my immediate family in 2 years. Yay.

I just need to rate myself on a scale of zero to screwed.

PS: That's not being nervous, that's being cooly cynical.
    I am sure they are used to dealing with international students, as long as you can hold a decent conversation you should be fine. Your written English seems good so don't stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyk89)
    I did find Leicester's interview to be more about me than what I know but I really can't tell you any more than that

Also, I am sure they are used to dealing with international students, as long as you can hold a decent conversation you should be fine. Your written English seems good so don't stress
    Did you feel as if you could have prepared for any aspect of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panjabiflower)
    Did you feel as if you could have prepared for any aspect of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can people stop being sneaky and asking questions about the interview. The information they send you via email is all you need to prepare for so refer to that.

Those that have had the interview should not be disclosing information, after all you are only reducing your own chances of getting an offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.