The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by almvp
Just completed the DWF video interview glad its done but felt I waffled at times :/

Just had mine too.. If u want to dm to see if we had the same questions feel free
Anyone passed a video interview where they have messed up one question?
Original post by Jingojango
Anyone passed a video interview where they have messed up one question?

i'd love to know this too because i'm sure i botched one of my KWM video interview questions
Original post by Omiclops
i'd love to know this too because i'm sure i botched one of my KWM video interview questions

They must accept people are nervous. I didn't answer the second part of the question but my other answers were fine. Let's hope they look past this!
i'm sitting here waiting to begin my video interview but a) i can't feel ready because seeing myself seems too distracting i feel like i'd freeze when asked the questions and b) my connection keeps dropping every 5 seconds !!
has anyone done a Hill Dickinson or DWF video interview. I just did my DWF one and it was nerveracking. not so much the questions, just me being nervous. does anyone know what HD will be asking for, I hope i can prepare better for that one.
Original post by TykeDragon
i'm sitting here waiting to begin my video interview but a) i can't feel ready because seeing myself seems too distracting i feel like i'd freeze when asked the questions and b) my connection keeps dropping every 5 seconds !!

I know what you mean - doing IM interview was very strange as I felt like I was talking to myself - but good luck I'm sure once you start the interview you'll relax more :smile:
Original post by samantha.1991
has anyone done a Hill Dickinson or DWF video interview. I just did my DWF one and it was nerveracking. not so much the questions, just me being nervous. does anyone know what HD will be asking for, I hope i can prepare better for that one.

When did you apply to/hear from HD? Good luck for both interviews!
Original post by Cp778
Is this an actual application question or is it just a little section under what office you are applying to?

Connections would be specific to the area of their office. For example if you chose London, did you go to school/uni there? Do you live there? Do you intend to relocate? Any family connections?

as to length of answer, it depends whether it is an application question or a little section under office choice. Either way I don't think it's necessary to write a lot- I normally write a simple sentence.

They give checkboxes for family, university, postgraduate etc. Then underneath the checkboxes it says "please give details". It's not with the additional application questions that test you on competency, so I'm guessing it's just intended to be a small section. I might just write a few sentences too, thanks!
Original post by Cp778
I'm completing that application too - what I'm trying to do is focus on the firm and what they can actually do to ensure they continue their reputation in CS. Try to avoid the generic answers that could be copy and pasted to all firms. They prob want to know you've done your research on them and tie your examples back to your research.

What does "CS" stand for? :colondollar:

Thanks for your answer btw! And good luck with your application too.
Original post by J-SP
It's about knowledge of the firm. Nothing about you is needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that makes sense. Thank you :smile:
Reply 2391
'Tell us about interests and hobbies you have outside of work or education'..

(I have graduated and I'm working now) I may be overthinking this but is it ok to mention sports etc I was involved in at uni or is the question only asking about my current interests and hobbies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone remember which Magic Circle firms allow you to opt for an extra week on the vac scheme in one of their international offices?
Original post by Laz_LeBaz
Can anyone remember which Magic Circle firms allow you to opt for an extra week on the vac scheme in one of their international offices?

Both A&O and Freshfields offer you the chance to apply for the extra week, not sure about anywhere else, there may be more.
Hi, has anyone still not heard anything from Latham & Watkins? Thank you!
Reply 2395
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a response from Mischon after doing the video interview?
Reply 2396
Original post by DonnieCA
Just off the phone to Mishcon! Invite to assessment day next week!! :smile:

Congrats! How long ago did you do the video interview?
Original post by IndreOK
Hi, has anyone still not heard anything from Latham & Watkins? Thank you!

Yeah, I've still not heard. Reached the point now where I'm assuming PFO.
Original post by sophcs
Congrats! How long ago did you do the video interview?

Submitted the interview about two and a half weeks ago. Got the invite on Thursday.

Good luck!
Original post by sophcs
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a response from Mischon after doing the video interview?

I'm still waiting - did my video interview last weekend. When did you submit yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending