Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melaus16)
    Same here
    Hey
    When did you apply ? I have applied for the same course. Mind sharing your profile ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itsallacademic)
    Anybody still waiting on POLIS PhD?

I'm not sure how it works, with the timing of different people applying (I see people who applied early already have acceptances), if people get called for interviews, and what their general process is once they get your application. Can anyone shed some light? And good look to others who are waiting
    I am still waiting on POLIS PhD.

I applied Jan 28, and my application is currently in the "under consideration by degree committee" phase

ReputationRep:
    How do you know if you've been rejected by a college for membership? Does it say somewhere in camSIS, or do you get an email?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I was just allocated a college membership at Peterhouse Does anyone have any experiences with the college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coastox)
    How do you know if you've been rejected by a college for membership? Does it say somewhere in camSIS, or do you get an email?
    If you've indicated your two preferences previously, it will show up as 'Seeking College Membership' under the College Membership section on CamSIS. If your first choice was rejected, it will then change to "Unsuccessful at X college, seeking College membership". This will go on until you've been allocated one successfully. I don't think they will email you!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else heard back on funding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nittygritty)
    Hi guys! I was just allocated a college membership at Peterhouse Does anyone have any experiences with the college?
    Lucky! Beautiful college.

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavaandmosquitos)
    Yep, you're correct- my potential supervisor got in touch directly, and offered to coordinate the funding interview with my lab visit. Just wondering, that link you posted mentions the Doctoral Training Partnership- is there 15 of those, and some more EPSRC awards? My interview is with Doctoral Training Grant members- do you think this is something different?

I really wish the funding situation was made a bit clearer. Gah, stress!
    hi, have you heard anything yet? I just received a letter (got it but only fees as I'm EU), which is dated on 10th March. so you might hear something soon as well!

ReputationRep:
    hi fellow Petrean! it has lovely gardens, is central but off the tourist route and despite being very small it has a very lively community (at least that's what I've been told by Petreans). Accommodation also looks quite good

ReputationRep:
    If you've indicated your two preferences previously, it will show up as 'Seeking College Membership' under the College Membership section on CamSIS. If your first choice was rejected, it will then change to "Unsuccessful at X college, seeking College membership". This will go on until you've been allocated one successfully. I don't think they will email you!
    Yeah, this is exactly my situation at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baia_teo)
    I've already received offer in February for the same course. I'm international
    Hey, I just read your reply! Congratulation on your offer! When did you send your application? I guess that means I'm out, I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tj23)
    hi, have you heard anything yet? I just received a letter (got it but only fees as I'm EU), which is dated on 10th March. so you might hear something soon as well!
    Hiya. I actually got an email today saying I've been awarded an EPSRC grant from the DTP, covering fees+college fee+maintenance grant, so that was nice. I was offered a place a couple of weeks ago but only just heard about the funding. Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone!

So i just got an informal mail confirming my place in their Advanced Diploma For Economics Program. Stoked!
    How easily does one transition from this to the Mphil in econ though?

Also, are we eligible for the Scholarships again at the Mphil? I applied too late to be considered for any of them this cycle. I'll be able eke out the first year, but the second would be a stretch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohandle)
    Hey Everyone!

So i just got an informal mail confirming my place in their Advanced Diploma For Economics Program. Stoked!
    How easily does one transition from this to the Mphil in econ though?

Also, are we eligible for the Scholarships again at the Mphil? I applied too late to be considered for any of them this cycle. I'll be able eke out the first year, but the second would be a stretch!
    Hey there. Congratulations. When did you apply ?
    And any from LSE on your second choice program ?
    PS : You aren't an IITian, are you ?

ReputationRep:
    I got admitted at Hughes Hall (Part III Maths), does anyone have experience with this college, is it a nice one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavaandmosquitos)
    Hiya. I actually got an email today saying I've been awarded an EPSRC grant from the DTP, covering fees+college fee+maintenance grant, so that was nice. I was offered a place a couple of weeks ago but only just heard about the funding. Congratulations!
    yes, I was just referring to the epsrc awards - seems they've been busy today! Congrats! Which group did you apply to?
    I knew epsrc is going to cover only fees for EU students but having at least partial funding can be very helpful for other applications, so I hope one of my other applications works out for the maintenance part!

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer for MPhil in Finance. Applied to Clare and Pembroke - anyone have any experience with or knowledge of these colleges? Any information would be hugely appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Both popular and close to the center of town. You'll need a little luck to snag either of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dutchguy1)
    I got admitted at Hughes Hall (Part III Maths), does anyone have experience with this college, is it a nice one?
    Hey, how long were you at the stage "application with degree committee" for? Been there for a week and I am cautiously optimistic now

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.