x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To lighten the mood, here's a tb to New Years

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1455152252.741213.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  107.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Probably confirmation bias on your part. And even if that isn't the case, all ethnicities make the same kind of comments.
    No, they do not make the same kind of comments. You think that you have authority to speak to others however you see fit.

ReputationRep:
    I would never post a picture on here, im not insecure like you guys. I look sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    White people routinely lie on social media to gain the support of a minority or to hinder the discussion.
    Its not about making fun of me. Nobody has ever said that I look like Aladdin in that picture before except on here so it makes you wonder. White people only have experience with other minorities via tv so someone with typical features like me and they relate me to their only known reference - Aladdin.
    I REPEAT I AM NOT WHITE.

You don't get the point do you? What I meant was you look good. Now please stop arguing on this topic because you're forcefully not taking a compliment.

:goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    You think that you have authority to speak to others however you see fit.
    Well, evidence does have an authority over non-evidence.

ReputationRep:
    Because only white people have said it.
    At least Aladdin is hot m9

ReputationRep:
    White people routinely lie on social media to gain the support of a minority or to hinder the discussion.
    Its not about making fun of me. Nobody has ever said that I look like Aladdin in that picture before except on here so it makes you wonder. White people only have experience with other minorities via tv so someone with typical features like me and they relate me to their only known reference - Aladdin.
    You have proof in my post that I'm not white (I'm Iraqi - the actual place of origin of Aladdin) and while I understand why you're irritated by their comments (not all people of the same race look the same) I don't think it was intended to bring you down or to make fun.

Aladdin is an attractive character with long dark hair so I think the comparison to you isn't meant negatively.

ReputationRep:
    I digress...

ReputationRep:
    No, they do not make the same kind of comments. You think that you have authority to speak to others however you see fit.
    Damn bro you kinda went cray cray on these guys . Deep breaths

Also just reaad your LOTR obsession post! WORD. Favourite book? I finished Children of Hurin amazing, a little dark but amazing) a few months ago and have ordered Story of Kullervo! Aaaaaaaaaah, the battle for Angband :love:

One of my pet peeves is how misrepresented elves are in the films, don't think Peter Jackson quite grasped just how powerful they're meant to be. :/

I really liked how Turin was represented though (in Children of Hurin ofc, not the films)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)

Also just reaad your LOTR obsession post! WORD. Favourite book? I finished Children of Hurin amazing, a little dark but amazing) a few months ago and have ordered Story of Kullervo! Aaaaaaaaaah, the battle for Angband :love:

One of my pet peeves is how misrepresented elves are in the films, don't think Peter Jackson quite grasped just how powerful they're meant to be. :/ I really liked how Turin was represented though.
    What, you think I look like Aladdin too?

ReputationRep:
    LOOOL I feel like you're just looking for attention now. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    No, and personally I don't see Aladdin as a compliment because like... come on, dudes got a giant dodo head

Having said that they meant it in a nice way so... :p: I wouldn't hold it against anyone.

ReputationRep:
    No, and personally I don't see Aladdin as a compliment because like... come on, dudes got a giant dodo head

Having said that they meant it in a nice way so... :p: I wouldn't hold it against anyone.
    Exactly! He's not some pretty boy. He looks silly!
    But they won't see that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    LOOOL I feel like you're just looking for attention now. :dontknow:
    Right?

ReputationRep:
    But they won't see that.
    Idk dude, this is an artists drawing of a more human Aladdin, and he looks pretty great :L

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1455153548.802009.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  55.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    But they won't see that.
    I'd say you look more like Mowgli from Jungle Book tbh.

Don't worry it's a compliment.

ReputationRep:

One of my pet peeves is how misrepresented elves are in the films, don't think Peter Jackson quite grasped just how powerful they're meant to be. :/

I really liked how Turin was represented though (in Children of Hurin ofc, not the films)

There weren't any really strong elves as lead characters in Lotr though, in the movie I'm talking about. Even in the books, there's only really Glorfindel and Galadriel. I think PJ did a great job with her. Legolas was an amalgamation of elvish power imo so I don't think they were under represented and it's not like elves are known for being savage warriors.

I don't have a favourite book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Idk dude, this is an artists drawing of a more human Aladdin, and he looks pretty great :L
    Ngl he really doesn't, not to me at least :p: No offence to anyone out there on this thread that looks like that Aladdin, if you do.

But they won't see that.
    :rofl: Reply to my LOTR part Are you a fan or what?!

ReputationRep:

Looks like Jake Gyllenhaal.

ReputationRep:

Looks nothing like me whatsoever.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.