Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    That's annoying she hasn't got back to you. However, maybe to help explain a bit, in the teams I have worked in, the allocations of CPNs and Social Workers are done by team managers. So the therapist will let the manager know that they think you need a care coordinator and then it will be discussed and if it is agreed you need a CC, they will put you on the waiting list, which can take some time. Also she will need to speak to a psychiatrist about meds, and their waiting lists can be very long.

Hopefully you hear back soon though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually I have been on meds before, and may be different as I am in Scotland but doctors can just prescibe them.

And she outright said she would speak to my actual doctor about getting meds and it will be done by end of that week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im not doing very well at all.
    Would you like to talk about what's going on? :console:

ReputationRep:

Haven't heard the voices since Monday!

Also saw a new psychiatrist yesterday. She was super nice although quite alarmed by the amount of medication I'm on. She wants to look into reducing it if things continue to go well because of the high risk of side effects. And I didn't get sectioned which I was so scared of! :woo:

I spoke to the disability office at my university. They told me to come in and see a psychiatrist so I can start getting support from there too.

I'm really scared about starting back at uni on Monday but hoping it goes well and maybe I'll even make some friends. :eek: :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/be/beeea...5c65ba5d8f.jpg

Haven't heard the voices since Monday!

Also saw a new psychiatrist yesterday. She was super nice although quite alarmed by the amount of medication I'm on. She wants to look into reducing it if things continue to go well because of the high risk of side effects. And I didn't get sectioned which I was so scared of! :woo:

I spoke to the disability office at my university. They told me to come in and see a psychiatrist so I can start getting support from there too.

I'm really scared about starting back at uni on Monday but hoping it goes well and maybe I'll even make some friends. :eek: :crossedf:
    Sounding positive! Good luck with starting uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've had the week from hell. PIP assessment was awful, followed by ESA stopping money because they hadn't received my sick note that I had posted 3 weeks previously. Then my CC tells me that despite her telling me I could be getting imminent psychology help (after 3 years of waiting), she's said that I wont be getting anything until 2017. I said I cant cope that long without therapy, and she said the only other option is charity counselling but she says they wont take me on due to risk. I have slept an entirety of 10 hours this entire week. I am so exhausted I cant move and physical pain is at an all time high. I have been agitated out of mind, leading to hours of pacing and trying. Today I've not stopped sobbing and have been a complete mess. I've been ignored by staff, and I tried to ring a helpline which is ****. I am now having very bad thoughts, feelings and urges and am at the end of my tether.

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    I've had the week from hell. PIP assessment was awful, followed by ESA stopping money because they hadn't received my sick note that I had posted 3 weeks previously. Then my CC tells me that despite her telling me I could be getting imminent psychology help (after 3 years of waiting), she's said that I wont be getting anything until 2017. I said I cant cope that long without therapy, and she said the only other option is charity counselling but she says they wont take me on due to risk. I have slept an entirety of 10 hours this entire week. I am so exhausted I cant move and physical pain is at an all time high. I have been agitated out of mind, leading to hours of pacing and trying. Today I've not stopped sobbing and have been a complete mess. I've been ignored by staff, and I tried to ring a helpline which is ****. I am now having very bad thoughts, feelings and urges and am at the end of my tether.
    I'm sure having less sleep only makes your problems worse. Just try to get some rest. Sleeping always makes me feel better

ReputationRep:
    Less than three weeks till I can move my stuff up to uni given how they've treated me this summer, I am absolutely dreading seeing some of my housemates- but that can't be as bad as being wrapped in cotton wool at home!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure having less sleep only makes your problems worse. Just try to get some rest. Sleeping always makes me feel better
    Well I would do if I could! I'm not choosing to sleep so little.

ReputationRep:
    I think i might be depressed. Im really confused about what to do next because these things need treating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I think i might be depressed. Im really confused about what to do next because these things need treating
    Sorry to read this. I guess the most obvious step is to approach your GP. Would you feel comfortable doing that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Sorry to hear its been such a bad week :hugs:

Have you not had an ESA medical yet? I thought maybe you were put in the support group already and didn't need to hand in any more sick notes. The same thing happened to me during the assessment stage. I got my bf to hand in the sick note to my local job centre since it was a day late as the woman on the phone told us to do that and then the office would fax it to the handling office and I would get paid within a few days but nope, the office claimed it was never handed in and I had to wait weeks for a payment. I think they forget we need that money to live off of

That's awful about how long you have to wait for help too often are we hearing stories about too long waiting lists, not enough funding etc.

I hope you managed to get some sleep. I know how hard it is though when you are in this state, I am the same but sleep will really help and I hope you get a good nights sleep if you haven't already. Feel free to mail me any time if you need to talk :hugs:

want to scream

ReputationRep:
    Made a thread, it got deleted.

I remember posting here before, and then somebody accused me of only offering to help a female user because I'm some sort of opportunist. (It's shame that I can't even try to help people who have similar problems to me. It's like I'm not even allowed to be a good human being)
    I miss the days I could post in this thread and get help or help people, even if I did do it anonymously.
    Deysey has politely told you the thread hasnt been deleted it has been moved to give you support from trained people (which generally means it was a rule breaking thread mentioning either suicide or self harm)

This hasnt been done out of spite!!

This thread is still here to help EVERYONE that accepts the support when given it.
    Noone here is a trained professional, but mentally ill people.

Please dont go shouting your mouth off at people who are trying to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

Sorry everybody, can we just forget that happened?

________________________________ _____

On another note, so scared my depression and anxiety will get in the way of doing well in my new job. Need to get it under control :indiff:

On another note, so scared my depression and anxiety will get in the way of doing well in my new job. Need to get it under control :indiff:
    :hugs: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    :ninja:
    :hi: :ahee: :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

when you think things are going well then life goes and kicks you in the nads & punches you in the face with cold hard dose of things falling apart on you.sigh.I am just not meant to be happy at this point am I?

ReputationRep:
    Off on holiday tomorrow.

Kinda terrified that everything's going to go wrong whilst I'm away and that I'm going to end up not in a good place.

ReputationRep:

Are you getting any support? :console:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.