Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
bitterendx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
:hugs: You're not rubbish - you're always so nice to people on here, you seem really likeable. Do you know if your friends are deliberately not speaking to you? It's probably just a coincidence that they're all busy - everyone's back to college/school/uni soon, so they'll be busy getting things ready and everything. Make sure you know exactly what the situation is before you go beating yourself up about it.

There are lots of things you can do to make yourself feel better if you're having a bad day, and I'm sure your counsellor will have told you about most of them but just in case: make yourself feel special by treating yourself to something like your favourite food, a nice warm bath, buying something you've been wanting for ages etc; read a kid's story (they always end happily!) or watch CBBC; make lists (this is my favourite!) - lists of things you like about yourself, lists of reasons to be happy, lists of things you have to look forward to...

I'm having an alright day. Bit annoyed because my GP has this new system where you have to make appointments on the day rather than booking them in advance, so by about 9am all the slots had been filled up. Tomorrow I'll have to get up at the unearthly hour of 8 o'clock to make sure I get an appointment! I think it's silly. But yeah, mood-wise I'm quite good at the moment.
Thats an incredibly silly system. :|

Glad your okay today. :hugs:
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks, hope you're doing well too. Incidentally: "You wouldn't be wasting their time, they're there to be spoken to" - I am pleased by your correct usage of the three theres in one sentence. I am silly and pedantic about grammar and that made me happy...
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
:hugs: You're not rubbish - you're always so nice to people on here, you seem really likeable. Do you know if your friends are deliberately not speaking to you? It's probably just a coincidence that they're all busy - everyone's back to college/school/uni soon, so they'll be busy getting things ready and everything. Make sure you know exactly what the situation is before you go beating yourself up about it.

There are lots of things you can do to make yourself feel better if you're having a bad day, and I'm sure your counsellor will have told you about most of them but just in case: make yourself feel special by treating yourself to something like your favourite food, a nice warm bath, buying something you've been wanting for ages etc; read a kid's story (they always end happily!) or watch CBBC; make lists (this is my favourite!) - lists of things you like about yourself, lists of reasons to be happy, lists of things you have to look forward to...

I'm having an alright day. Bit annoyed because my GP has this new system where you have to make appointments on the day rather than booking them in advance, so by about 9am all the slots had been filled up. Tomorrow I'll have to get up at the unearthly hour of 8 o'clock to make sure I get an appointment! I think it's silly. But yeah, mood-wise I'm quite good at the moment.
I've got that now, too. Got to ring at 8.30am. I hate the uncertainty. Aaprt from this week, I really need to go.

Mood is still fluttering around a bit, but seems to be settling, again. I have to say I'm quite happy it is, because it was all getting too much swinging around!

About SH, I agree with NIY's post about SH not being a good option, I've been there, too. I'm still struggling to get over it, and fill in the blank, but I try not too. What she's suggested just above me is a good idea: something that relaxes you

B+M, you aren't rubbish, and I know that although we've never spoken, that a lot of people here speak very highly of you, and we'd all miss you, if you were to do something silly. I know the feeling of wasting someone's time, but it can really help, and I've got to waste people's time this week, so why don't we both go and waste someone's time?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:bawling: I can't cope tonight, i really can't do this anymore, i can't put up with this for the rest of my life.
And before anyone says it won't for the rest of your life, it will. This is who i am, its never going to change and the only person in the world who knows that is me.
Sorry guys, i just really can'y cope. Sorry for constant moaning.
smoosabitmega
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I never posted here before but everything is getting worse and worse and it's nothing in particular its just a horrible feeling of emptiness or that I don't know if anything new will make me happy. i think its just cause i am leaving for uni and have to leave all my friends behind as well as a boyfriend who i got close too over the summer. oh dear.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't belive i'm saying this, I wish i was never born, times like these i just wish i never existed.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by smoosabitmega)
I never posted here before but everything is getting worse and worse and it's nothing in particular its just a horrible feeling of emptiness or that I don't know if anything new will make me happy. i think its just cause i am leaving for uni and have to leave all my friends behind as well as a boyfriend who i got close too over the summer. oh dear.
Sorry you're not feeling great at the moment. :hugs:

I think it's natural though, to feel a bit crap when you're leaving your life behind. Because you know what you love at the moment, but you don't know what you're going to love when you get there. I don't mean to sound patronising, sorry if I do. Are you going to be really far away from your boyfriend?

I'm here if you want to talk more.
smoosabitmega
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
Sorry you're not feeling great at the moment. :hugs:

I think it's natural though, to feel a bit crap when you're leaving your life behind. Because you know what you love at the moment, but you don't know what you're going to love when you get there. I don't mean to sound patronising, sorry if I do. Are you going to be really far away from your boyfriend?

I'm here if you want to talk more.
yeah well he'll be in Ireland and I'll be in London and we've already agreed that it'll be ending when I leave as it just couldn't work. I just get like this from time to time but I know maybe in a few days I'll be looking at it differently.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah well he'll be in Ireland and I'll be in London and we've already agreed that it'll be ending when I leave as it just couldn't work. I just get like this from time to time but I know maybe in a few days I'll be looking at it differently.
Are you looking forward to UCL at all?
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
:hugs: to everyone

Right, I've had it with my knee pain so I'm going to do my best to make an appointment with the doctor when the health centre opens on Monday...on the day of the appointment I'll see whether I'm willing to talk about depression stuff or if it'll just be about my knees. I dunno, both really need to be checked out but I keep putting off making an appointment I need to have a chat with a GP about medication at some point since the last time I was on prozac (which I've been on for a few years) it made me feel even worse, which I've not experienced any previous time I've been on it...and since I tend to go on it when I'm already quite badly depressed that's definitely something I'd like to avoid reoccurring.
Bugger, didn't do it...hopefully tomorrow I can push myself.

(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I can't belive i'm saying this, I wish i was never born, times like these i just wish i never existed.

Hun, I think we all feel like that sometimes, but it will pass, I promise :hugs: I've put up with this crap for a third of my life and sure, at times it does my head in and I want it all to end, but there are positives out there for the two of us. Six months ago I was standing on the edge of a bridge a mile or so down the road from me, about to jump off and become just another statistic...but I know deep down that if I can set myself a goal, even something small (it doesn't have to be something ridiculous like "Becoming a celebrity chef", you know?), and if I can achieve that goal I can look at the spot on that bridge where I stood six months ago and I would know that I wouldn't have achieved that goal had I jumped that night.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Bugger, didn't do it...hopefully tomorrow I can push myself.
Good luck tomorrow. Please make the appointment - you know putting it off is only going to make it worse in the long term. And we worry about you :hugs:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks Daliymyr.

As my friend just said :you've got a family who loves you, good friends well sort of LOL , you're clever, you hav got the rest of your life, and you could make somethin with your life

well, look at me, i have those things, and im still like this, just shows how ungreatful i am and how weak i am, i cant do this anymore. Im not even back at college and look at me.
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
**** **** f*ing **** im ****ed!!
smoosabitmega
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
Are you looking forward to UCL at all?
I am, I think it is just that I am so scared and I'm trying to occupy my thoughts, and what is the easiest way to do that than be miserable about other things?
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am, I think it is just that I am so scared and I'm trying to occupy my thoughts, and what is the easiest way to do that than be miserable about other things?
To be honest there's nothing I can say that isn't going to be just platitudes like 'Loads of people get freaked out before uni.' I guess it doesn't help that you're coming such a long way. I'm a Londoner.

But you've got amazing results and you're going to a fantastic university (to do English, which is what I want to do!) and I think you just have to know that you got this far and that you can do it.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hm. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow (hopefully!) and I know I won't have the guts to tell her how I feel out loud, so I've written her a letter explaining that I think I need some more help because I'm finding it very difficult to cope. Thing is, writing that letter and getting everything out on paper has now dragged my mood waaaay down and now I feel like shlt. Doesn't help that I'm so tired, my body hurts - but I can't get to sleep. Pfft.

PS: Welcome to the Dep Soc, smoosabitmega! I'm not always this whingey, I swear.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ergh, feel like ****, been eating loads trying to cheer myself up, didn't work. Voices telling me to cut but i've not in like 4 weeks now, so I can't give in no matter how much better it'll immediately make me feel. wonder why so many people are feeling down tonight in particular.

Fairy spangles, is that about your university?
belle654
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not feeling well tonight, i keep having a tightening in my chest, which is either a heart condition or stress related. im so worried about uni. i did my retake last wednesday but i dont think i did enough to pass, if i dont il get thrown out
xemilyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I actually don't want to go back to Leeds. Genuinly don't. Terrified about all the bad feelings flooding back. So worried about it I am having nightmares about going back. Sucks, sucks, sucks. My sister is a ****ing stupid ***** too. Grr how the hell can she do this again?!?!?! What the **** is her problem!?!?!?! ARRGHHHH!!! :bawling:
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xemilyx)
I actually don't want to go back to Leeds. Genuinly don't. Terrified about all the bad feelings flooding back. So worried about it I am having nightmares about going back. Sucks, sucks, sucks. My sister is a ****ing stupid ***** too. Grr how the hell can she do this again?!?!?! What the **** is her problem!?!?!?! ARRGHHHH!!! :bawling:
:hugs:

Hi Emily, do you want to talk?

:hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads