Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XIV: where bad memes come to die watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    The new one...it's blasphemy...but I think I like it :confused: such confusing feelings...
    I'm actually reading the old one :giggle:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    Well done Juno! :hugs: and in terms of r^n tending to r^n...Juno really is tired :sad:
    What level of maths are you at?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    What level of maths are you at?
    I did Alevel Maths and Further Maths...so I'm not the best, but I have been trying to expand what I know a little because I'm going to need it at uni
    (Original post by JWH)
    I'm actually reading the old one :giggle:
    You mean one of the original 5 by Douglas Adams? I have the radio scripts in a book and the tv show on dvd aswell :love: there's a new one out by Eoin Colfer...I saw an advert for it on the tube and got pretty angry...Mostly Harmless is like my memorial to Douglas Adams on my bookshelf...he was pretty depressed when he wrote it and I couldn't work out how some happy-clappy children's author could continue the series...but it's pretty good if you think about it as an eoin colfer book...and now I feel a little guilty I recommend Dirk Gently's Holisitc detective agency when you're finished
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    I did Alevel Maths and Further Maths...so I'm not the best, but I have been trying to expand what I know a little because I'm going to need it at uni
    Ah. Mine is harder than that, but I suck at it :sad:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Ah. Mine is harder than that, but I suck at it :sad:
    :console: What course are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

You mean one of the original 5 by Douglas Adams? I have the radio scripts in a book and the tv show on dvd aswell :love: there's a new one out by Eoin Colfer...I saw an advert for it on the tube and got pretty angry...Mostly Harmless is like my memorial to Douglas Adams on my bookshelf...he was pretty depressed when he wrote it and I couldn't work out how some happy-clappy children's author could continue the series...but it's pretty good if you think about it as an eoin colfer book...and now I feel a little guilty I recommend Dirk Gently's Holisitc detective agency when you're finished
    First I am currently doing A-level math :giggle:

I never heard or watched any of the old things to do with it, I saw the new movie which I liked and since I think books are always better than films I decided to read them :grin: . I'll keep that recommendation in mind :grin:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    :console: What course are you on?
    BA Practical Paronting.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by JWH)
    First I am currently doing A-level math :giggle:

I never heard or watched any of the old things to do with it, I saw the new movie which I liked and since I think books are always better than films I decided to read them :grin: . I'll keep that recommendation in mind :grin:
    Ah that's good; you doing/did M1 D1 or S1 as your first applied module? and how're you finding it?
    Douglas Adams also did most of the writing for the film...he's made all the various reincarnations different though...and the film is the most different of all :lol: made me laugh...the film roughly translates to the first book (although it is wildly different) but I recommend you read them all (in order)...hitch hiker's is one of my favourite things...I'm a little fanatical lol so I'd definately recommend it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    BA Practical Paronting.
    What on Earth is Paronting? I'd say parenting a parrot...but I have learnt not to assume things :giggle:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    What on Earth is Paronting? I'd say parenting a parrot...but I have learnt not to assume things :giggle:
    Yup, tis :grin:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Yup, tis :grin:
    Awesome :p: I'm guessing muffin is your parrot-offspring then?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    Awesome :p: I'm guessing muffin is your parrot-offspring then?
    Yeah She's a teeny bit spoilt.

I also work full time, and am studying with the OU
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Yeah She's a teeny bit spoilt.

I also work full time, and am studying with the OU
    :parrot: That's cool, guessing you get pretty busy though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Ah that's good; you doing/did M1 D1 or S1 as your first applied module? and how're you finding it?
    Douglas Adams also did most of the writing for the film...he's made all the various reincarnations different though...and the film is the most different of all :lol: made me laugh...the film roughly translates to the first book (although it is wildly different) but I recommend you read them all (in order)...hitch hiker's is one of my favourite things...I'm a little fanatical lol so I'd definitely recommend it
    I already love the book seeing as it is one of the few books that has made me laugh out loud while reading in (may have caused me to get some funny looks though :ninja: ) so I will most likely read the others :grin:

I've done M1 last year and I'm doing S1 as my second applied module this year. I'm hoping to good in S1 seeing as it seems easier than C3 which I'm also doing after christmas. If I do as good in S1 as I did in M1 (I had a rather high A) I will be happy :grin:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    :parrot: That's cool, guessing you get pretty busy though
    Yup :sad: And I work crazy hours, like last night I was there til 10 and this morning I was back at 7.

But I love my job, and I'm gonna get freak allowance soon which will help with studying. And I have a new car.

ReputationRep:
    :hi:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Yup :sad: And I work crazy hours, like last night I was there til 10 and this morning I was back at 7.

But I love my job, and I'm gonna get freak allowance soon which will help with studying. And I have a new car.
    So you're a tired stressed Juno...but also a happy Juno...which I suppose makes it all worth while
    (Original post by JWH)
    I already love the book seeing as it is one of the few books that has made me laugh out loud while reading in (may have caused me to get some funny looks though :ninja: ) so I will most likely read the others :grin:

I've done M1 last year and I'm doing S1 as my second applied module this year. I'm hoping to good in S1 seeing as it seems easier than C3 which I'm also doing after christmas. If I do as good in S1 as I did in M1 (I had a rather high A) I will be happy :grin:
    I still don't get how doing two 1 modules can get you the same qualification as a 1 & a 2...Mech 2 is considered one of the most difficult modules on the course, and S1 one of the easiest...yet you're allowed to substitute M2 for S1 ... but I suppose doing S1 and M1 gives you the opportunity to find out which you like
    I like how H2G2 is funny, but it's also intelligent and dark...especially in the later books...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    :hi:
    Liquid :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey L :hello:

ReputationRep:
    How do you do?

I hope I've done my online portfolio right :hmpf:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.