Report 7 years ago
I think it was a doctor
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by humy369)
I loved the human TARDIS and I loved the interaction between the Doctor and Idris.
"You're not my mother" "And you're not my child"
Ah~ so many awesome lines in this episode. Neil Gaiman is absolutely amazing. He should write more Doctor Who episodes
I've said it a million times! Doctardis are the perfect couple!

However, after this discovery that the TARDIS is 100% conscious, makes decisions, loves the Doctor, takes him where he needs to go...

Why did she disappear into the Siren's ship in episode 3? Just, up and went there without the Doctor? Must've had a reason :P
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Becka-la)
I did. Muahaha. :beard:
:eek:
River even says "Hello Sweetie" in SitL. :O
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Such a great episode, definitely one of my favourites since the series began. The whole Doctor-Idris relationship was absolutely amazing, and the ending was so sad yet at the same time happy as the Doctor continued having adventures in with the TARDIS.

House and Nephew were pretty creepy as well, Rory's "death" was the creepiest part of the episode. And seeing the old console room was brilliant too, shame it's all been eaten up now. :p:

I've like how the last couple of episodes it's ended with Rory and Amy going to bed, in a way it's made Doctor Who feel a bit more realistic, ever since the series started again in 2005 there was the console room and nothing more, we didn't even know if they ever went to sleep in the TARDIS. :p:

Bunk beds are cool :p:
Sawwah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Phobia27)
Such a great episode, definitely one of my favourites since the series began. The whole Doctor-Idris relationship was absolutely amazing, and the ending was so sad yet at the same time happy as the Doctor continued having adventures in with the TARDIS.

House and Nephew were pretty creepy as well, Rory's "death" was the creepiest part of the episode. And seeing the old console room was brilliant too, shame it's all been eaten up now. :p:

I've like how the last couple of episodes it's ended with Rory and Amy going to bed, in a way it's made Doctor Who feel a bit more realistic, ever since the series started again in 2005 there was the console room and nothing more, we didn't even know if they ever went to sleep in the TARDIS. :p:

It's like a Bed AND a ladder!
humy369
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Phobia27)

I want to know the answer to Rory's question does the Doctor have a room? Where does he sleep? Does he even need to sleep? Does the TARDIS sleep? Seeing as it is a living thing.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mckinnon94)

However, after this discovery that the TARDIS is 100% conscious, makes decisions, loves the Doctor, takes him where he needs to go...

Why did she disappear into the Siren's ship in episode 3? Just, up and went there without the Doctor? Must've had a reason :P
She didn't - the Siren took the TARDIS because it was damaged and since the TARDIS is living it needed to fix/heal it.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did anyone else get the feeling that the TARDIS is Escheresque, in that the gravity shifts while you walk through the corridors so you could walk up a vertical hallway, for instance? Or was that just my mind being silly.
Lil Piranha
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Check this baby out, got me a new avatar
Bluth.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I reckon 'only' might be the key word in Idris's message...
Bobifier
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
Did anyone else get the feeling that the TARDIS is Escheresque, in that the gravity shifts while you walk through the corridors so you could walk up a vertical hallway, for instance? Or was that just my mind being silly.
This and House screwing with the gravity would certainly explain why the Doctor keeps a random gaping hole in the middle of his corridor. I did wonder what that was for.
Lil Piranha
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I want to know the answer to Rory's question does the Doctor have a room? Where does he sleep?
Don't know but I *reeeeaaaallly* want to find out :P
Lil Piranha
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could be, but if I recall they were using a ladder at one point right? I could be wrong... (I've been doing some revisiting of the Tennant series... there's a LOT of ladders)
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She didn't - the Siren took the TARDIS because it was damaged and since the TARDIS is living it needed to fix/heal it.
I think I missed that bit of the episode where he definitely said the TARDIS was hurt; I thought that was just a product of our discussion.

It's not silly, you see a hole, a sort of "tunnel" that goes down the way, Rory almost falls down it and House says something about turning off the gravity.

TARDIS also says something about changing the interface thirty times

"Thirty!? I've only changed them about 10."
"So far!"
"You can't archive something that hasn't happened yet!"
"You can't!"

Looks like the Doctor has changed the interface once per incarnation? We see Eleven die 200 years in the future, if we follow the once per regeneration thing it does suggest that they find the loop-hole and the Doctor doesn't die.

Yay.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

The siren took it.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Not a big spoiler or anything: Sadly, it's not. What you seen of her in the trailer is essentially it. For next week's episode, anyway.
How do you know this? :holmes:

(Original post by sleekchic)
Maybe it's not River as in River Song but some other River?
Maybe even an actual river (as in water).

(Original post by House MD)
Two things about the forest were mentioned:

1) When they all appeared in the control room after being killed, Rory said "This doesn't look like the forest".

2) "The only water in the forest is the river".

Hmm...
I thought that he said it as she had told him that quote.

(Original post by Aula)
:tardis:

So Timelords can change gender :holmes:

Also, did Madame Kovarian turn up today? I didn't see her, but the internet flaked out a few times so we missed a couple of bits.
That bit was interesting.
humy369
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
The siren took it.

How do you know this? :holmes:

Maybe even an actual river (as in water).

I thought that he said it as she had told him that quote.

That bit was interesting.
I wonder what would happen if the powers that be decide it's time for a female doctor :holmes:
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I want to know the answer to Rory's question does the Doctor have a room? Where does he sleep? Does he even need to sleep? Does the TARDIS sleep? Seeing as it is a living thing.
When Rory said that, I felt it was a hint to the viewer that the console room was his own room as he continues to tinker about with it. But yeah I always wondered whether the Doctor sleeps, the only time I can remember him sleeping in the new series is him dozing off in Amy's Choice back and forth. I think he does sleep on a couple of occasions during the old series.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think I missed that bit of the episode where he definitely said the TARDIS was hurt; I thought that was just a product of our discussion.

It's not silly, you see a hole, a sort of "tunnel" that goes down the way, Rory almost falls down it and House says something about turning off the gravity.

TARDIS also says something about changing the interface thirty times

"Thirty!? I've only changed them about 10."
"So far!"
"You can't archive something that hasn't happened yet!"
"You can't!"

Looks like the Doctor has changed the interface once per incarnation? We see Eleven die 200 years in the future, if we follow the once per regeneration thing it does suggest that they find the loop-hole and the Doctor doesn't die.

Yay.
The TARDIS was sparking out 'cause it couldn't figure out where it was.

And the doctor says "about a dozen times" I believe. There has been more than one design per doctor, as well. Tom Baker had at least two, although Tennant and Eccleston shared one.
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
Technically we already knew that Time Lords could change gender. Well there was hint of it with Smith's regeneration when he thought that he was a girl.
saraster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lil Piranha)
Could be, but if I recall they were using a ladder at one point right? I could be wrong... (I've been doing some revisiting of the Tennant series... there's a LOT of ladders)
yeah youve got it right they were using a ladder at one point it was when the TARDIS was sending rory the message thing
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.26%
No - but I will (21)
5.54%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (185)
48.81%

Watched Threads