The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Giant
How did you do? I think it's random

Original post by Epic Flawless
It's random unfortunately. In the heats, they only announce the winners and runners-up.

All I know is that not 1st or 2nd. Have to wait for an email from my teacher (if she sends it... she is going to the hospital for a week tomorrow).
I think out presentation was good but when they started asking questions... It was a bit of disaster. :tongue:
Original post by TerribleTej
Yeah you are right there, a lot of schools do exams in the summer only, but a lot also do exams in January so hopefully the uni's are aware of this and can realise that a lot more candidates may not do as well as they could due to being stressed out during exams because of the greater number hence they could give out more offers, even 10% more offers would make us feel a whole lot better I guess.

Exactly what happened to me :tongue:, my anxiety was only increased because my phone crashed just when I opened my email and the only thing I read was "UCAS".

haha yeah hopefully - i dont think i'll be affected too badly by it as all my exams last year were in May anyway, so im used to having it all at the end of the year. That said got a LOT more exams this year ( although a lot are pointless and don't make a difference to my offer - General Studies being the biggest example )

yeah, not much we can do but wait unfortunately! don't think the other 3 Uni's ive applied to will be getting back to me soon, 2 of them i know for certain won't get back until anywhere between January-March time.
Original post by Fas
haha yeah hopefully - i dont think i'll be affected too badly by it as all my exams last year were in May anyway, so im used to having it all at the end of the year. That said got a LOT more exams this year ( although a lot are pointless and don't make a difference to my offer - General Studies being the biggest example )

yeah, not much we can do but wait unfortunately! don't think the other 3 Uni's ive applied to will be getting back to me soon, 2 of them i know for certain won't get back until anywhere between January-March time.

Yep same here, I don't expect any replies till January from all my uni's even though I applied in October.
I am quite used to having exams in January so to be having 11 A2 exams in the summer is quite terrorising :tongue:. But my first priority is to get my A stars in maths and further maths which hopefully will be easier due to changeable modules and then focus on getting A stars on the other subjects (time permitting though), as I can afford to make a few mistakes here and there (not that I will be taking it for granted I am very much aiming to get 4 A*'s).
OMG, just got an offer from LSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG, just got an offer from LSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! You must be ecstatic :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Rafael_96
Congratulations! You must be ecstatic :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, I was! I didn't expect an offer so early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. Sort of expected it from you. How many weeks were you into 5 weeker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations!!! :smile: how long were you into your 5 week email? I hit my deadline today.
Original post by TerribleTej
congratulations!!! :smile: how long were you into your 5 week email? I hit my deadline today.

Original post by Mike_123
Congrats. Sort of expected it from you. How many weeks were you into 5 weeker?

Thanks guys! I hit my 5 week deadline exactly one week ago so you shouldn't be too worried.
Just got a rejection from Brasenose for Economics and Management. Absolutely gutted, but I can't really say I wasn't expecting it given the competitiveness of the course and to be honest I'm a little bit relieved to not have an interview and extend the waiting...
Reply 2410
Original post by robin1125
Just got a rejection from Brasenose for Economics and Management. Absolutely gutted, but I can't really say I wasn't expecting it given the competitiveness of the course and to be honest I'm a little bit relieved to not have an interview and extend the waiting...

Oh no that's annoying:frown: I've applied for that at trinity oxford, still no reply! You got any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LFR
Oh no that's annoying:frown: I've applied for that at trinity oxford, still no reply! You got any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have offers from Birmingham and York and I'm waiting for Durham and Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I have offers from Birmingham and York and I'm waiting for Durham and Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile

likewise still waiting on Durham - not expecting much from them till January atleast though
Original post by LFR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied at Trinity also, my direct competition eh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear! Congrats on other offers though and don't be disheartened, EandM is ridiculously competitive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2415
Original post by Rafael_96
I've applied at Trinity also, my direct competition eh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha hopefully we'll see each other in couple of weeks! Interview decision will hopefully come through soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What universities are you guys applying to?
Original post by mvaryani

UCL, Birmingham, Leeds, York and Queen Mary's London.
I know wish I'd applied to either Warwick or Oxford instead of Leeds, just incase I don't get UCL, which is the one I want!
I have offers from all but UCL :frown:
Original post by mvaryani

I'm applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol. I have offers from all but Cambridge where I've been invited to an interview.
If I would change anything, I would have probably applied to Nottingham/St Andrews instead of Bristol because now, I have no insurance choice. xD
Then again, hindsight is 20:20 and there was no way that I could have known that I'd be in the position I am right now before I applied.
I'm applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol. I have offers from all but Cambridge where I've been invited to an interview.
If I would change anything, I would have probably applied to Nottingham/St Andrews instead of Bristol because now, I have no insurance choice. xD
Then again, hindsight is 20:20 and there was no way that I could have known that I'd be in the position I am right now before I applied.

But do you really need an insurance? A*AA is more than achievable with the UMS you achieved at AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending