Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Calm down everybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    We'll see with giroud, He's not great at holding the ball up for a target man but I like his movement think if he could improve on his technique and finishing which is possible imo he'd be a 20 goal striker. You did make adebayor look good :lol:
    Yea but no matter what Giroud was just a means to an end. We needed a striker to replace RVP and didn't have much money, Giroud was the best Wenger could do at the time so he was signed. Also the "would you rather" question...I would rather have a selection of players who are getting goals instead of 1 striker obviously because if the big 1 gets injured the team are lost.

In my opinion Giroud isn't a good enough striker for us to challenge for the title over coming seasons. We need a player who can offer us something special, who can lose defenders, make dangerous runs and most of all have a moment of brilliance to get an important goal to turn 1-1 into 2-1. Some fans are saying we've missed him since his 3 match ban but in all reality...any team who loses their main striker is going to be weakened. Who loses a main striker and gets stronger????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Calm down everybody.
    You're right, On a brighter note I just realised that since were getting a new deal with Puma that God awful Nike centipede jacket will be gone.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    Yea but no matter what Giroud was just a means to an end. We needed a striker to replace RVP and didn't have much money, Giroud was the best Wenger could do at the time so he was signed. Also the "would you rather" question...I would rather have a selection of players who are getting goals instead of 1 striker obviously because if the big 1 gets injured the team are lost.

In my opinion Giroud isn't a good enough striker for us to challenge for the title over coming seasons. We need a player who can offer us something special, who can lose defenders, make dangerous runs and most of all have a moment of brilliance to get an important goal to turn 1-1 into 2-1. Some fans are saying we've missed him since his 3 match ban but in all reality...any team who loses their main striker is going to be weakened. Who loses a main striker and gets stronger????
    No-ones even given Giroud a chance to perform, everyone is just constantly comparing him to RVP, he's not RVP he is his own player and i think we need to appreciate that. Considering this is his first season, i don't think he's done too badly obviously his form has been a bit sporadic but i think he'll silence some critics next season assuming he doesn't just get benched all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I like how he was trying for a good five seconds but then after that was like **** this I'm gonna sit down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Exactly man these lot are clueless. I've got C2 anyway tomorrow, don't have time for these muppets. Congratulations on Europa League as well yesterday, respect for keeping Britain in European silverware.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    C2, hated that was my second lowest mark, just bang past papers you doing M1, that **** was easy. :lol:

(Original post by Zürich)
    John Terry was poached from West Ham United. At most, you can claim partial credit for him but by the age of 16, a player is very far down the line in terms of development.

Going to claim Frank Lampard as well?
    Should we say that raul is an atletico madrid product and kroos isn't a bayern munich product then? Or baresi(the milan one) is an inter milan product because he played for their youth system for a little while.

Matter of fact is with AOC especially he was a key player under southampton, so while you have developed him to an extent he was not your player. Terry however was not a key player for west ham and did not regularly play games for west ham at the time, so therefore does not count. Giggs would also count as a man city product, daniel sturridge would count as an aston villa product than a city product too.

ReputationRep:
    C2, hated that was my second lowest mark, just bang past papers you doing M1, that **** was easy. :lol:
    Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    No-ones even given Giroud a chance to perform, everyone is just constantly comparing him to RVP, he's not RVP he is his own player and i think we need to appreciate that. Considering this is his first season, i don't think he's done too badly obviously his form has been a bit sporadic but i think he'll silence some critics next season assuming he doesn't just get benched all the time.
    I wasn't comparing him to RVP and I agree that he's done well since joining us last year but I'm sorry, that doesn't change the fact he's not world class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Any tips?
    Exam papers, read the questions for 5 mins and get an understanding of the exam, if you find a very easy question you can answer quickly then answer it as soon as.

Also(which pretty much costed me 2 100%s) don't sleep in the exam if you finish early. If you finish early do the test again. And if you're ****ing up in the exam take a deep breath, go toilet if you can and then come back with a fresh mind and body.

ReputationRep:

Should we say that raul is an atletico madrid product and kroos isn't a bayern munich product then? Or baresi(the milan one) is an inter milan product because he played for their youth system for a little while.

Matter of fact is with AOC especially he was a key player under southampton, so while you have developed him to an extent he was not your player. Terry however was not a key player for west ham and did not regularly play games for west ham at the time, so therefore does not count. Giggs would also count as a man city product, daniel sturridge would count as an aston villa product than a city product too.
    How can someone argue that Kroos isn't a BM product. Want to know the logic why you'd use him as an example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    How can someone argue that Kroos isn't a BM product. Want to know the logic why you'd use him as an example.
    Because he was poached off another team like terry was. If according to zurich terry isn't a chelsea product then kroos isn't a bayern product.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Kroos
    So yeah...
    He's no different from raul in that respect.
    Considering walcott was actually in the southampton squad playing professional football with the first team, he's really a southampton product more than an arsenal product, like lukaku is an anderlecht product too, like AOC is a southampton product.#

Oh, no reply?

ReputationRep:
    :

Raul was playing first team games for RM 2 years after they poached him from AM so tbh I'd give at least as much credit to AM. Toni Kroos is not a Bayern product in the same way that Schweinsteiger is a Bayern product. The crucial development of a young player happens pre-16 years old and the player needs to be discovered as well. In the same way, Wilshere is more of an Arsenal product than Fabregas was.

That's not to say that clubs these players join dont deserve alot of credit too. RVP was 21 when he joined Arsenal but the player he slowly became was unrecognisable.

Because he was poached off another team like terry was. If according to zurich terry isn't a chelsea product then kroos isn't a bayern product.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Kroos
    So yeah...
    Terry is a Chelsea product but WHU probably did most of the spade work. You dont poach a player at 15 because they're not very promising do you? Very different to take an 8 year old and work with him without knowing how good he'll be.

ReputationRep:
    Exam papers, read the questions for 5 mins and get an understanding of the exam, if you find a very easy question you can answer quickly then answer it as soon as.

Also(which pretty much costed me 2 100%s) don't sleep in the exam if you finish early. If you finish early do the test again. And if you're ****ing up in the exam take a deep breath, go toilet if you can and then come back with a fresh mind and body.
    Cheers mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Raul was playing first team games for RM 2 years after they poached him from AM so tbh I'd give at least as much credit to AM. Toni Kroos is not a Bayern product in the same way that Schweinsteiger is a Bayern product. The crucial development of a young player happens pre-16 years old and the player needs to be discovered as well. In the same way, Wilshere is more of an Arsenal product than Fabregas was.

That's not to say that clubs these players join dont deserve alot of credit too. RVP was 21 when he joined Arsenal but the player he slowly became was unrecognisable.

Terry is a Chelsea product but WHU probably did most of the spade work. You dont poach a player at 15 because they're not very promising do you? Very different to take an 8 year old and work with him without knowing how good he'll be.
    I guess so, although we got him at 14, but agree with you here. Just that you guys saying that you bring youth through when it's not as rosy as you like to make out with the academy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    Jesus, why you so butthurt? Your constant need to reply to every comment makes you seem a bit desperate. What do you expect in an Arsenal thread. You don't expect them to go "oo look at Chelsea, they bring in top players and win trophies every season. I wish Arsenal were like that..." If you want a better well rounded convo, go to reddit or something.
    What cake is that in your sig? :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United have produced the most top flight players from our academy....the most in England and 4th in Europe...Considering the amount of potential London has Arsenal have done poor job when it comes to youth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Manchester United have produced the most top flight players from our academy....the most in England and 4th in Europe...Considering the amount of potential London has Arsenal have done poor job when it comes to youth
    And there we go. Although do you have a link, I'm pretty interested in this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    English clubs with most youth product players in Europe's top five divisions
    1. Manchester United - 15
    2. Arsenal - 14
    3. Chelsea - 10
    4. Manchester City - 9
    5. West Ham United - 8

One less than United, and I would argue that the quality of the players we have produced in recent years is higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    English clubs with most youth product players in Europe's top five divisions
    1. Manchester United - 15
    2. Arsenal - 14
    3. Chelsea - 10
    4. Manchester City - 9
    5. West Ham United - 8

One less than United, and I would argue that the quality of the players we have produced in recent years is higher.
    Interesting, admire the research you have done but why leave facts out? Chelsea have only 3 home-grown players in their squad. Maybe its the lack of quality of the existing youth players or maybe they are better of cashing in on them. Either way, just looking at the numbers isn't going to prove anything and the quality of the players developed should be assessed too however thats easier said than done. The article which I found so others can read it too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Barcelona.html

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.