Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckarr)
    I've applied for Secondary History at Sheffield Hallam - no acknowledgement yet!
    I've also applied for Leeds Trinity and York Uni via Schools Direct! Heard nothing!

...but I know that all University's have to keep their applications open for two weeks at least, so I'm thinking (hoping) that my Uni's haven't looked at their applicants yet!!

Good Luck
    Finally, someone else that is applying for Secondary History! The majority here seem to be applying for Primary level?

Got my welcome letter today, hopefully some interviews on the way...

Andy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan92pne)
    Received interview offers from all three choices for the 11th, 12th and 18th of December. This all just became a bit more real! I am not prepared at all...
    Well done, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Hertfordshire?

ReputationRep:
    Ta!

ReputationRep:
    Received interview offers from all three choices for the 11th, 12th and 18th of December. This all just became a bit more real! I am not prepared at all...
    That's fantastic, good luck! Where have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    That's fantastic, good luck! Where have you applied to?
    Cheers. Edge Hill, Liverpool and a Schools Direct at Bishop Rawstorne C of E through Cumbria Uni, all Secondary History.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Why must this be so stressful?
    That's the nature of teaching. It doesn't end with the application I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. Edge Hill, Liverpool and a Schools Direct at Bishop Rawstorne C of E through Cumbria Uni, all Secondary History.
    That's a bit worrying for me...applied to Edge Hill and schools direct through Cumbria Uni for Secondary History. Hmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    yay just received offer of interview from st marys all three choices have replied with interviews now. Phew :-) hows everyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied to Greenwich?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HI i have applied for edinburgh, strathclyde and glasgow. Hoping to hear about interviews soon. Received my Ucas letter today to track anyone else applied for these universitys ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Had my interview for social science at the IoE today. Wasn't too stressful, there were 7 of us and we were told that there were 20 places, and if we impressed them today we should all get a place (they said we werent in competition!).

we had to answer how what challenges we may face during the PGCE, how our subject is relevant to young people, and discuss a current educational topic. The individual interviews were really short (only 15 mins) we had to present our lesson plan and then have a 5/10 miniute chat (why do you want to be a teacher, why this institute, etc).

My 1-1 was quite relaxed and we were laughing and joking a little towards the end. Its jsut hard becuase you don't know what they really look forward and how you come accross.

On another note, i got asked to attend an interview today for Worcester uni for a Psychology PGCE, so there may be hope if I'm unsuccessful at the IoE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    yay just received offer of interview from st marys all three choices have replied with interviews now. Phew :-) hows everyone else going?
    Congrats, when is your interview for St Mary's ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea199)
    Congrats, when is your interview for St Mary's ?
    11th Dec have you got one at St Mary's?

ReputationRep:
    11th Dec have you got one at St Mary's?
    No I haven't sent mine off yet, got my final reference done today, but I am really confused about whether its modular or non modular for all my choices so I might ring them up tomorrow to check! Also I would really rather have my interviews after xmas now, I'm just sorting out revision stuff for my skills tests and working full time! I can't believe the short notice they are giving !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea199)
    No I haven't sent mine off yet, got my final reference done today, but I am really confused about whether its modular or non modular for all my choices so I might ring them up tomorrow to check! Also I would really rather have my interviews after xmas now, I'm just sorting out revision stuff for my skills tests and working full time! I can't believe the short notice they are giving !
    I know its scarily short. You choose modular I chose the other one and they didn't receive it so rung UCAS and had to change it to modular. (I rung St Mary's last week) Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    I've got an interview! St Mary's on 10th December

I never expected anything to happen this quickly!
    Hi Magic box- I see you have interview on 10th for St Mary's. What is it your applying for? I have one for 11th (Primary) :-)

ReputationRep:
    I know its scarily short. You choose modular I chose the other one and they didn't receive it so rung UCAS and had to change it to modular. (I rung St Mary's last week) Good luck!
    This is why I am really confused, I thought modular meant for part time or flexible learning. Does that mean it should be modular for my other choices like roehampton etc?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Magic box- I see you have interview on 10th for St Mary's. What is it your applying for? I have one for 11th (Primary) :-)
    Hello! Mine is for Secondary RE.
    Are you travelling from far? From what they have sent me it seems it's going to be a very long day.
    I have an interview for Kings this Friday which seems a lot more informal from the email!

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 21st and STILL I am waiting for my second reference.
    I was at the school on Friday and she said she'd do it over the weekend. I know its only Monday, but I'm aplying for Drama. Usually, youre bot likely to have a chance if youre not on a course by January. Every day is pretty much a huge loss in my chances and I've been patient enough now.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.