Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewDeparture)
    Have Linklaters entirely binned all applications made before Christmas? Training contract applicant, and nothing either. They re-opened training contract applications, so clearly something isn't right. Whether that is with Linklaters or the applications we'll see. I emailed them and they told me my application is currently being reviewed. That was at the start of this week. I mean honestly, even if they just emailed everyone the Watson Glazer and auto cut people with bad scores, it would speed things up considerably!
    It is very odd. Not sure what's going on over there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    guys when you do a video interview where do you do it? like do you go sit somewhere professional-looking or do you just sit in your bedroom? :P

I did mine in my clean​ dining room, against a plain wall.

ReputationRep:
    guys when you do a video interview where do you do it? like do you go sit somewhere professional-looking or do you just sit in your bedroom? :P
    I book a room in uni to avoid distractions

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I live in student accommodation, so I would do mine in my bedroom. In essence, you want to do your interview in a quiet and well lit place so that you won't get disturbed and so they can see you clearly. So if you live at home, perhaps the dining room?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter where, as long as it's tidy, has good light and isn't noisy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! I will make sure not to do it in my messy room with my housemates bantering in the background :P

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody done the verbal reasoning for Wragge yet?

If so, is it SHL?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    So, Apparently Macfarlanes are still processing my application.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had a video interview for Bristows yet?

ReputationRep:
    Got an AC invite for linklaters! Unfortunately I have to turn it down because I have already accepted some offers and can't make it for any of their vac schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So did my IM interview yesterday - and it was shocking! that is a PFO.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    So, Apparently Macfarlanes are still processing my application.
    Did you email them? I'm wondering whether or not to email Hill D as I've been waiting over 2 months

ReputationRep:
    @TrainingChopeful what went wrong with your IM interview mate? sorry to hear it I've still not heard from them about video interview which is interesting. I applied in mid jan, which was before some people who have already heard about vid interview! You reckon that means i've been shelved?

ReputationRep:
    @TrainingChopeful what went wrong with your IM interview mate? sorry to hear it I've still not heard from them about video interview which is interesting. I applied in mid jan, which was before some people who have already heard about vid interview! You reckon that means i've been shelved?
    I'm just someone who likes to feed off the interviewer's reaction rather than talking to myself ha! and it was my first ever vid interview so I was super nervous and I feel I rambled. Plus a notification on my laptop went off despite me turning them all off but hopefully they won't notice as I tried to carry on as normal as if it hadn't happened I'm not expecting to offered an AC after that!

That's weird - the deadline has passed so maybe drop them an email? I applied on Saturday and was offered a video on Monday or Tuesday, the deadline for the interview was the 9th...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from White & Case yet? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Mills & Reeve at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horse273)
    Yep got an offer on Tuesday
    How long did it take for them to get back to you after your AC? I had my AC early this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excito)
    Has anyone heard anything from White & Case yet? Thanks
    Yes, got an offer for partnership position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    I'm just someone who likes to feed off the interviewer's reaction rather than talking to myself ha! and it was my first ever vid interview so I was super nervous and I feel I rambled. Plus a notification on my laptop went off despite me turning them all off but hopefully they won't notice as I tried to carry on as normal as if it hadn't happened I'm not expecting to offered an AC after that!

That's weird - the deadline has passed so maybe drop them an email? I applied on Saturday and was offered a video on Monday or Tuesday, the deadline for the interview was the 9th...

Sure it's not as bad as you thought! Dreading doing mine! Guessing you get about 2 mins to answer, will have to speak quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Still waiting on Pinsents, are you? Like you said there assessment days are soon so I assume they have replied to some people?
    I don't know...it's really quite weird that they've not sent out POFs or anything as well. Just wish I'd know by now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.