Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by houdhoud1997)
    If you got to choose between UCL and Warwick for Economics, which one would you go to ?? (I'm really lost, as I am an international student, I can't really get to know the campus or city life ... )

I still haven't heard from LSE, but I don't really think I will get an offer so I'm basically hesitating between these two
    UCL

ReputationRep:
    If you got to choose between UCL and Warwick for Economics, which one would you go to ?? (I'm really lost, as I am an international student, I can't really get to know the campus or city life ... )

I still haven't heard from LSE, but I don't really think I will get an offer so I'm basically hesitating between these two
    UCL. I read Econ there last year (not for me personally, I've applied for History this year) and it's a very good course. The maths content is excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cappunno18)
    did LSE offer you?
    Yes i got my offer on Thursday

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whats the percentage of applicants passing the first two weeks email? 5 of my friends were rejected after the 2 week one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghalia8)
    Yes i got my offer on Thursday
    thank you !

I think i'm going to take HSPS

ReputationRep:
    thank you !

You will not regret it.

ReputationRep:
    thank you !

It's truly amazing!
    What subject combinations are you going to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Which is harder to get into, Government and Econ, or straight Econ?
    It's nearly the same like for straight econ your average applicants per place is 14, with about 2800 applicants for some 215 places while g&e has about 15, for 600 applicants for about 40 spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    Universities look at both attainment as well as potential. If attainment has been affected by circumstances and potential can be demonstrated then the past should not be held against you. But bear in mind that LSE is a super competitive university.
    Well the rest of my marks were in the 90s in high school and am on the Dean's list in University with a 3.87 GPA. I just don't want them to look back at high school and see that one mark that brought down my GPA by a lot and decide based on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj.latif)
    Well the rest of my marks were in the 90s in high school and am on the Dean's list in University with a 3.87 GPA. I just don't want them to look back at high school and see that one mark that brought down my GPA by a lot and decide based on that.
    Mate we're not admissions' officers, we have no idea what each person reading your application will be looking for. So much of it is luck (how many people have a similar profile to yours, how the admissions' officer liked your PS, if he/she got enough sleep, if he got in a fight with his or her partner the night before).

You did the best you could and hopefully for you it will pay off!
    Everyone needs to chill :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Buzzing for Thursday, offer batches will start getting bigger seeing as they have everyone's applications in

ReputationRep:

They are pretty much the same, course-wise reputation, research, employment etc.

I'd go for Warwick as UCL open day didn't give off the best impression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    UCL. I read Econ there last year (not for me personally, I've applied for History this year) and it's a very good course. The maths content is excellent.
    Warwick also have a very good course and excellent maths content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghalia8)
    Anyone got an offer for BA Geography?
    Another BA Geo applicant here! I haven't seen any geography offer holders from this thread though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Warwick also have a very good course and excellent maths content.
    That's not being disputed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    That's not being disputed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So why UCL over Warwick? Other than the London factor as the guy didn't have a preference for either location.

ReputationRep:
    So why UCL over Warwick? Other than the London factor as the guy didn't have a preference for either location.
    We were asked for our opinions. We gave our opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just curious but has anybody receive an offer/rejection other than on thursday and friday. Or is that an lse thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is in some random field therefore it would be a boring place to go to. Imo of course haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normandi)
    Just curious but has anybody receive an offer/rejection other than on thursday and friday. Or is that an lse thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure what you mean. LSE seems to do offers & rejections almost exclusively on Thu/Fri. Whether other universities follow a similar policy is unknown to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.