Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonieskellie)
    what did people write for 3 marks on the hetrotroph question?!1

Autotrophs = make complex organic molecules and energy from inorganic molecules
    Heterotrophs = can't do this, have to get their energy by digesting the organic molecules of other organisms, such as plants or organisms that feed off plants.

ReputationRep:
    Was it Glycolysis Z, link reaction W and krebs W .. Not sure about electron transport chain but i think i put X which was cristae

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjm9)
    I wrote 'Anomalous bar' like what even is that -_- i just made up some new thing i swear :'( That exam literally just took the ****
    Yeah, i was so surprised to see that! I haven't done that in years but luckily i remembered

ReputationRep:
    W
    z
    x
    w
    ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjm9)
    I wrote 'Anomalous bar' like what even is that -_- i just made up some new thing i swear :'( That exam literally just took the ****
    ahah i put something like equivalence point and it's sth from chemistry lolol

ReputationRep:
    LOL anyone put how the dialysis thing can selectively reabsorb???? (this is the 1marker about whats different between the 2 or something)

ReputationRep:
    Argh the mitochondira! I labelled incorrectly, I knew it was matrix for links and krebs but I put X or W which was cristae 3/4 marks gone

ReputationRep:
    first question
    membrane
    stroma
    grana
    ----------
    B
    M
    B
    M

how peritonal dialyisis differs from haemodisis
    haemodialysis haa anti clotting hormone heparin?

why less ATP generated than theoretical
    ATP phosphorylated in glycolysis
    ATP usd in processes like active transport e.g. pyruvate actively transported into mitochondria

how structure of motor n sensory neurone are similar (this is hwat i put)
    both have axon
    both have cell bodies
    both sodium ion channels, potasium ion channels and voltage gated sodium ion channels
    both have dendrites?
    both can be myelinated, so the axon has schwann cells wrapped around it
    and nodes of ranvier, gaps between schwann cell

for the anaerobic respiration
    i described the whole process of anaerobic repiration in an animal cell
    and then put stuff like
    only glycolysis can occur
    pyruvate is not produced
    link reaction krebs cycle oxidative phphorylation cannot take place Electron transport chain cannoy take place
    no oxygen so oxygen is not the final electron acceptor

secretion of insulin
    1)glucose enters the cell through glucose channels, glucose is then phosphoryated and metabolised to form ATP
    2)increase in the presencd of ATP causes the potasium ion channels to close
    3)calcium ion channels open, calcium ions diffuses into cell
    4) calcium ions cause vesicles packed with insulin to fuse with the cell surface membrane, insulin leaves the cell by a process called exocytosis

^
    this may not be correct this is just what i put

ReputationRep:
    was it error bar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skywalker12)
    Is exocrine wrong then?
    yes it was endocrine because the adrenaline goes into the bloodstream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewla1)
    for the metabolic pathway of co2, anyone put stroma?
    yass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewla1)
    back of the ocr revision cgp it says errod bars
    that's what i was thinking as the length of bar both sides were equal, which suggests it was the standard deviation and in range bars, the lengths vary but i put range bars anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonieskellie)
    what did people write for 3 marks on the hetrotroph question?!1
    Autotrophs synthesise complex organic molecules, Heterotrophs cannot and thus rely on autotrophs, they ingest and digest these to gain the complex organic molecules for respiration.

Autotrophs/Plants specifically produce O2 needed for respiration.

Autotrophs/Plants specifically remove atmospheric CO2, Heterotrophs rely on an atmosphere low in CO2 as most perform classic aerobic respiration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory_lee_x)
    What did people put for the difference if function of the peritoneum and the dialysis membrane?! I had no idea so put that, the peritoneum exchanged molecules with blood in capillaries and the dialysis membrane does it in a machine, and that the peritoneum also holds all the organs in place :/ bang goes my hopes of an A*
    I put that substances move across peritoneum via facilitated diffusion, whereas molecules would move across via artificial membrane via 'normal diffusion'.

Not convinced at all im right but no idea what else they could possibly want haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Such a good exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is range bar correct? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownclown)
    Sweating decreases temp, shiver brings it back to normal

I put shivering increases temp so unfavourable conditions for pathogen and they die. I think the above is correct
    Would I get a mark if I write negative feedback for the first one and positive for the second?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mybutton jammed)
    first question
    membrane
    stroma
    grana
    ----------
    B
    M
    B
    M

how peritonal dialyisis differs from haemodisis
    haemodialysis haa anti clotting hormone heparin?

why less ATP generated than theoretical
    ATP phosphorylated in glycolysis
    ATP usd in processes like active transport e.g. pyruvate actively transported into mitochondria

how structure of motor n sensory neurone are similar (this is hwat i put)
    both have axon
    both have cell bodies
    both sodium ion channels, potasium ion channels and voltage gated sodium ion channels
    both have dendrites?
    both can be myelinated, so the axon has schwann cells wrapped around it
    and nodes of ranvier, gaps between schwann cell

for the anaerobic respiration
    i described the whole process of anaerobic repiration in an animal cell
    and then put stuff like
    only glycolysis can occur
    pyruvate is not produced
    link reaction krebs cycle oxidative phphorylation cannot take place Electron transport chain cannoy take place
    no oxygen so oxygen is not the final electron acceptor

secretion of insulin
    1)glucose enters the cell through glucose channels, glucose is then phosphoryated and metabolised to form ATP
    2)increase in the presencd of ATP causes the potasium ion channels to close
    3)calcium ion channels open, calcium ions diffuses into cell
    4) calcium ions cause vesicles packed with insulin to fuse with the cell surface membrane, insulin leaves the cell by a process called exocytosis
    definitely not just "membrane". Inner membrane for sure

ReputationRep:
    3 marker on auto and heterotrophs anyone? i basically did the 2 defentitions etc to fit the question and then just how they need organic mols like glucose for respiration, muscle contraction etc, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone so sure about CO2 conc being the limiting factor, surely Temperature could also be a limiting factor?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.