Did anyone else pick sulphur for X?
    I'm such an idiot 😂😂😭

Still such an easy paper I'm so happy
    I did, then changed it last minute

(Original post by emsieMC)
    I think it was h2so4, that's what I put
    I put that too. Pretty sure thats whats written in the book

(Original post by thehollowcrown)
    Does the pressure have an effect on the emf? I said the emf increases eqbrm shift blah blah, but wasn't sure on that
    Yeah I said it increased emf because position of eq shifts to side with less mols favoring reduction.

Know I mucked up on the calc question, I couldn't do it and I thought it was 5 marks but then my friend was like lol no so I've lost alot there Can't remember what I put for the solubility question, I know I wrote about equilibria but I'm scared I wrote solubility increases :/

And the born haber wtf....May have messed up on that too. Was it always 2K or what? Because thats what I ended up putting and for the calc for the cycle did everyone multiply the atomisation and ionisation energy of K by 2?

All in all, much better than unit 4.

ReputationRep:
    I picked sulfur . Phosphorus or sulfur was fine

ReputationRep:
    i got 2328 for born harbour cycle, 90 x 2 for atomisation of k and the 418 X2 for 2 ionisation energies for K

ReputationRep:
    Nice easy paper. But I have made so many silly mistakes I just can't see myself doing very well. It's extremely itritating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    50 degrees C
    Needed converting to kelvin so 323

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyW15)
    I got the same as you originally but when I went back, I forgot to multiply the ionisation Enthalpy by 2 and that's how I got 2000 something so I'm sure you didn't multiply it by 2
    What? why did you multiply the ionisation enthalpy by 2? It was only the first ionisation energy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbie122)
    You couldn't put sulphur is specifically said sodium to phosphorus only
    Crap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenmturner)
    I did!! You are not alone but it was only like 2 marks so don't worry about it if I were you!
    same hahaha, wish they'd just make it clear - 'give the name of an element other than sulphur that...' so annoying

ReputationRep:
    I thought the one with delta g said for this reaction rather than for the production of 1 mole of SO3

ReputationRep:
    You reckon 80/100 wud be an a???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09ekennedy)
    -135.0 KJ mol-1
    I don't think this is right, answer should be half of this I believe due to the mole ratio given in the equation.

ReputationRep:
    H -196 kJ mol-1
    S -189 K J mol-1
    G -135 kJ mol-1

Btw what is the sign from answer -189 K J mol-1 indicates about the product relative to the reactants?

ReputationRep:
    I put P then changed to S WOW 😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooo I made too many silly mistakes. But all in all I think I definitely made up for chem 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenmturner)
    I did!! You are not alone but it was only like 2 marks so don't worry about it if I were you!
    Answer could have been sulfur Or phosphorus as they are both in period 3 and acidic

(Original post by justinamarina)
    I picked sulfur . Phosphorus or sulfur was fine
    Question said for Na-P, S comes after P.

(Original post by thomaarrss)
    i got 2328 for born harbour cycle, 90 x 2 for atomisation of k and the 418 X2 for 2 ionisation energies for K
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Number Nine)
    I got 94.4% purity and ticked hno3 kms
    same

ReputationRep:
    what did every one get for the percentage purity- i think i got 49.3 or something like that

(Original post by amphoterism)
    H -196 kJ mol-1
    S -189 K J mol-1
    G -135 kJ mol-1

Btw what is the sign from answer -189 K J mol-1 indicates about the product relative to the reactants?
    Half these because standard enthalpy means for one mole I believe (had to do it in a previous paper)

Product is less disordered than reactants/product is more ordered than reactants

ReputationRep:
    doesnt the solubility increase? or does it decrease?..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.