Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Haha Yh but with me if I am flipping one topic I will find it hard not to just give up like idk
    Maybe it will make more sense in uni? Sometimes when re-learning something it can suddenly make a lot of sense because you know it all subcontously and your brain has had time to process it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    I hope the changes to remarks mean examiners are more lenient in giving us the benefit of the doubt marks first time round so less people need remarks, but I doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh I doubt it as well really like at the end of the day they don't know who is gonna be 1ums getting into uni so they're just gonna carry on marking as they did last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Maybe it will make more sense in uni? Sometimes when re-learning something it can suddenly make a lot of sense because you know it all subcontously and your brain has had time to process it.
    Thanks for the reassurance

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reassurance
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    :hugs:
    Can't rep post //

ReputationRep:
    Can't rep post //
    It's the thought that counts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Will rep it 2moz instead ah

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I her PRSOM from you too because I hardly ever rep anyone.

ReputationRep:
    What's going on with all the remark changes? Like what's changed and how could it affect me on results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer11)
    What's going on with all the remark changes? Like what's changed and how could it affect me on results day?
    We ( Ofqual ) now require exam boards to train their reviewers and make sure they only change a mark when there was an error with the original mark, such as where the number of marks in a paper have been wrongly added up, or where a marker has made a mistake. If the mark scheme has not been followed by the original marker, the reviewer will make sure the correct number of marks is given.medal rosetteWhere a reviewer simply disagrees with the previous marker’s judgement, however, and thinks a candidate’s essay answer is worth 16 marks out of 20 as opposed to the 15 awarded, the original mark will stand unless there is evidence that the original marker made a mistake when they marked. The changes to reviews will help us better understand how often marking errors are made and then decide how marking could be improved.

ReputationRep:
    We ( Ofqual ) now require exam boards to train their reviewers and make sure they only change a mark when there was an error with the original mark, such as where the number of marks in a paper have been wrongly added up, or where a marker has made a mistake. If the mark scheme has not been followed by the original marker, the reviewer will make sure the correct number of marks is given.medal rosetteWhere a reviewer simply disagrees with the previous marker’s judgement, however, and thinks a candidate’s essay answer is worth 16 marks out of 20 as opposed to the 15 awarded, the original mark will stand unless there is evidence that the original marker made a mistake when they marked. The changes to reviews will help us better understand how often marking errors are made and then decide how marking could be improved.
    What a load of cack. So my biology paper won't go up when I send it in for a remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 97Y)
    What a load of cack. So my biology paper won't go up when I send it in for a remark?
    If it was marked incorrectly then it would go up. Biology usually has a strict mark scheme and there is not much judgement involved (except from perhaps an essay-style question). This change is more targeted towards Arts subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Fellow WJEC maths person here! (Although I only sat C4 this year because I'm resitting in my gap year)

How did you find C4 and C3 this year?
    Pretty sh*t tbh. Well C4 wasn't actually too bad but i definitely didnt get over 90% ums. How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether uni's get modules scores aswell as overall grade for A level students?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I finished my AS exams in the summer. The AS subjects that i sat examinations for are Further Maths, Maths, Chemistry and Physics. My predictions of the grades I achieved for the subjects that i listed respectively are, AAB(C/D). Would be supprised if the last two are higher grades.

I really want to study a maths degree at university and was wondering if there are any older/fellow mathematicians that can relate to my predicted grades for AS. I'll be looking to continue Futher Maths, Maths and Chemistry to A Level

*Also should I not enter my AS results on my UCAS application if i indeed get a C/D grade for Physics? Should i let the universities rely on the predicted grades that my teachers will give?
    Thanks in advance of you read all of this and replied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Pretty sh*t tbh. Well C4 wasn't actually too bad but i definitely didnt get over 90% ums. How did you find it?
    I only resat C4 to get the A* as I already have an A, so thankfully I found it quite good - there were quite a few new variations of questions so I can see why people had trouble with it if they didn't spot how the numbers were manipulated, therefore couldn't figure out how to solve the questions. I'm hoping I've done enough to get the A*, good luck for your results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Hi guys I finished my AS exams in the summer. The AS subjects that i sat examinations for are Further Maths, Maths, Chemistry and Physics. My predictions of the grades I achieved for the subjects that i listed respectively are, AAB(C/D). Would be supprised if the last two are higher grades.

I really want to study a maths degree at university and was wondering if there are any older/fellow mathematicians that can relate to my predicted grades for AS. I'll be looking to continue Futher Maths, Maths and Chemistry to A Level

*Also should I not enter my AS results on my UCAS application if i indeed get a C/D grade for Physics? Should i let the universities rely on the predicted grades that my teachers will give?
    Thanks in advance of you read all of this and replied
    One thing I do know is that an A in Further Maths is very impressive, especially if it's not a low A (i.e if you look on course for an A* in further maths, very very few Uni's would turn you down.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm at A2, studied Government & Politics, Sociology, English Language, Media Studies and an EPQ. My firm offer is the London School of Economics, to study BSc International Relations. At AS I got AABC, I need AAA for my firm, and I'm predicted A*AABa. I feel like all of my exams went either good or perfect, bar half of the English paper. I think I'm more worried and panicking more than I probably should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamzy45)
    Does anyone know whether uni's get modules scores aswell as overall grade for A level students?

Universities can access module grades. Most won't bother though.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.