BBB with B in Economics
mozeeeeeeeey woop woop lol add me to your firnds list man
username124534
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Swayum)
Congrats, you should post here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=729588.

Regarding the "social events", they're gonna be like watching a movie in the common room or hanging out in the bar or something. It's not gonna be something big most likely. The best I've heard is some college took its applicants ice skating and another took them out to a movie.
Ooh, that all sounds so exciting! How casual should clothes be for that sort of thing, do you think?

I'm so frightened of making some kind of faux pas - particularly with clothing! I guess I'll have to bring a large range, :p: Posted in the thread you directed me to, thanks!
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thejadedwords)
Ooh, that all sounds so exciting! How casual should clothes be for that sort of thing, do you think?

I'm so frightened of making some kind of faux pas - particularly with clothing! I guess I'll have to bring a large range, :p: Posted in the thread you directed me to, thanks!
Pretty casual. From what I can remember, no one was particularly well dressed, just anything you might wear when going out shopping in the day or something (basically, whatever you're comfortable with).

It's probably worth bringing one semi-formal thing just in case + something smart for the actual interview.
username124534
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Swayum)
Pretty casual. From what I can remember, no one was particularly well dressed, just anything you might wear when going out shopping in the day or something (basically, whatever you're comfortable with).

It's probably worth bringing one semi-formal thing just in case + something smart for the actual interview.
Thankyou - sounds like pretty sound advice
scraceus999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ajmoore2802)
University: Nottingham
Course: French and German
Offer details: ABB
Predicted grades: AAA
Date your application was sent: 14/10
Date of Offer: 18/10
Reaction: ...amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other Uni's have applied to...
Oxford (St Anne's)...Acknowledged, sent off written work!
Southampton...Interview 7/1/2009
Bristol...Acknowledged
Bath...Acknowledged

Academic rubbish...
GCSES: 10 A*, 2 A's
AS: AAAA
well done to
everyone else who got offers, how good does it feel!
erm.....why?
Ajmoore2802
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
why what?
scraceus999
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ajmoore2802)
why what?
why did you put so much info in the post the thread is only designed for offers, we dont need to know your life story :p:
adeen
Report 10 years ago
First offer from Bath:yep:
ABB for biology
woop woop!! :woo:
AnnaBelle142
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by adeen)
First offer from Bath:yep:
ABB for biology
woop woop!! :woo:
well done! when did you send it off? did you get any sort of acknowledgment? bath is the only uni that hasn't sent me one... :shifty:
ellie_flower
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
peopel are getting repsonses for st andrews and bristol-two unis who hve told me not to expect to her anything before january
wtf?!
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ellie_flower)
peopel are getting repsonses for st andrews and bristol-two unis who hve told me not to expect to her anything before january
wtf?!
For St. Andrews, they're international - St. A say that they don't reply to UK/EU students until after Jan.
Not sure for Bristol, maybe same situation
nao_ryo
Report 10 years ago
offer from Imperial for Biology! Nothing on UCAS yet but they (imperial) sent me an email telling me that I definitely have one. When could I expect to see it on UCAS so I can find out the conditions of the offer?
Agneisse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ellie_flower)
people are getting responses for St Andrews and bristol-two unis who have told me not to expect to her anything before January
wtf?!
They may be applying for a different course, and if they're international then the criteria may well be different.
Rainfaery
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yodude888)
For St. Andrews, they're international - St. A say that they don't reply to UK/EU students until after Jan.
Not sure for Bristol, maybe same situation
Well, I'm international, and I still was told I'd not get an offer until after 15 January. I did just get one, though, so there may be merit to your statement....
michaelyus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bath's Biochemistry offer finally reached Track! B in Chemistry, like Nottingham's. I think that all but one of mine will end up with that exact condition.
tayalouise
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So far I've got offers from Hertfordshire and Southampton Solent
And an interview for Gloucester
ellie_flower
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Rainfaery)
Well, I'm international, and I still was told I'd not get an offer until after 15 January. I did just get one, though, so there may be merit to your statement....
yeh I'm thinking maybe there is some truth in that. I did the IB though, so it's not an IB thing, maybe finances etc

Well done!
ha85pk
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rainfaery)
Have you heard anything from Cambridge regarding interviews? :curious:
JoshyT
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone heard from any of the folloging Universities? (Especially for Politics)
Durham, Warwick, Bristol or Edinburgh?
JoeJBB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JoshyT)
Has anyone heard from any of the folloging Universities? (Especially for Politics)
Durham, Warwick, Bristol or Edinburgh?
I have a Politics offer from Bristol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (813)
80.5%
Leave (197)
19.5%

Watched Threads