Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Society Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milky Milk)
    Why Italy came 2nd I don't know :lolwut: Probably the mafia or something

NO WAY! Loukas Giorkas is a very goos singer no doubt, but Stereo Mike? I honestly thought he had laringitis or something...
    Yeah, I agree with you. I also thought the rap wasn't good, but Loucas's singing was amazing =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    She was gorgeous last year and this, I think you are a troll now tbh.

Go away troll.
    I am not a troll! I just have my own opinion!

ReputationRep:

NO WAY! Loukas Giorkas is a very goos singer no doubt, but Stereo Mike? I honestly thought he had laringitis or something...
    I loved the Italian song :love: I thought it was beautiful and so sophisticated.

And stereo mike was crap, but loukas was so good :love::drool:. He just cancelled out mike's crappiness.

ReputationRep:
    I really wasn't focussing on the audio in the Greek song

Loukas was just so captivating

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see this? :P

ReputationRep:

Italy's one was one of the best imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Did anyone see this? :P

Haha! I totally didn't notice that... He says it so seriously as well! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    How did the UK not win?
    How did the UK lose TO IRELAND?
    Why did Ireland not give the UK 12 (we're like best mates in country terms)?
    Which fools in the UK voted for John and Edward to give them a 12 instead (you know who you are - shame on you)?
    My rant is over now.

(Original post by jakemittle)
      Did anyone see this?

Yes he wanted to **** The Netherlands :sexface::lol:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pride)
      How did the UK not win?
      Which fools in the UK voted for John and Edward to give them a 12 instead (you know who you are - shame on you)?
      My rant is over now.
      1) Because the UK was terrible. The band was great when I was like...8 or 9, but as we know, all the comeback bands have had to change their style in order to "fit in" with the music genre now. Their song still sounded like it was from the 90s, which actually wasn't that good. It just sounded like it should have stayed back in the 90s. Plus, one of them was out of tune :/

2) Because Ireland were better than us :/ I'm not really into the whole Jedward craze, but they put on a good performance with a lively and catchy song and it was enjoyable.

3) Because maybe, just maybe, they voting for the song they preferred rather than their neighbours....like the competition should be about....

4) Those who liked them....they put on a good performance and deserved those 12 points. I mean, I melted at Italy and France, and Italy did amazing, but because the UK doesn't take the ESC seriously and it is just a bit of fun, the "fun countries" like Moldova and Ireland got the high points from us.

(Original post by SpiritedAway)
        They put on a good performance.
        :rofl: you could not hear them ffs, it was just the backing vocals and when you did hear them, they sounded like a pig squealing.

They were are pansies.

ReputationRep:
        :rofl: you could not hear them ffs, it was just the backing vocals and when you did hear them, they sounded like a pig squealing.

They were are pansies.
        Like I said, I'm not into the Jedward craze. I find them annoying, but their song was catchy and it was upbeat, which is why they got a lot of votes. They stood out and it was entertaining.

They were are pansies.
          Her point is completely valid. They epitomised Eurovision completely, hence why they did better.
          FYI, Lee from Blue was more like the squealing pig that night :sigh:

ReputationRep:

They were are pansies.
          Jedward's song has sold 120,000 copies in Sweden alone since Saturday and has been the most successful song there all year, and Sweden has a very active music business, think of that what you will

(Original post by Lewis :D)
            Jedward's song has sold 120,000 copies in Sweden alone since Saturday and has been the most successful song there all year, and Sweden has a very active music business, think of that what you will
            It basically means Swedish people are gimps.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Pride)
            How did the UK not win?
            My rant is over now.

1) Much better songs in Eurovision than the UK's. Sure it was a catchy enough song, but not the best, and it was not performed to the same standard as other songs were. It sounded badly rehearsed and out of tune.

2) Jedward gave that performance their absolute all. They rehearsed every minute they could, they didn't drink or anything, and they vastly improved on theit semi-final performance. In case you didn't notice, there was a storm of attention around them everywhere they went, the most surrounding any Eurovision act, ever. They have plenty of fans in the UK and Europe. So do Blue, but not as much it would seem.

3) Ireland barely ever gives the UK 12. Blue were never big here as they were in the UK. We normally give highest points to East-European countries due to high levels of emigrants from there. Blue's performance was not up to scratch. Lee ****ged off Jedward.

I know Jedward divide people but seriously, that song was perfect for Eurovision. Too bad Eastern Europe failed to appreciate it- could have won easily otherwise. They are upbeat, entertaining and their voices aren't perfect obviously but good enough for the song. How many Eurovision songs can you remember aside from your own country's? Moldova, Sweden, maybe Estonia...AND Ireland. It is just the perfect Eurovision act and I wouldn't mind if we sent them again.

ReputationRep:
            Listening back to some of the tunes, I'm actually loving Hungary's entry.

(Original post by StarsAreFixed)
              How many Eurovision songs can you remember aside from your own country's?
              I can remeber: Germany's, Italy's (which was actually quite good, some people didn't like it but meh), Denmark's, Azerbaijan's, Russia's and Moldova's (as much as I hated it, it has stuck into my head).

France's entry I didn't understand one bit then again it was in Corsican

ReputationRep:
              France's entry I didn't understand one bit then again it was in Corsican
              Sounded like Italian to me. At least, I could understand it.

ReputationRep:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSXx7...feature=fvwrel This was better than the rubbish that won this year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
            Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.