Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankie)
    Wooo I'm not alone from Cheshire! I'm about an hour train ride south of Manchester. I live in Crewe and Nantwich area, between Chester and Stoke-on-Trent
    I was born in Crewe!!!! I live 15 minutes ish away from there by train now. This is exciting.

On the subject of where offer holders are from, does anyone else think this is strange? I have lived in the same house, on the same housing estate, for 10/11 years now. I discovered a month ago that a boy who lives maybe 5 doors down from me holds an offer to read history at trinity college. I have met and had a conversation with every member of his family, apart from him whom I have never seen. Ever. I think this is ridiculous, I can't even properly remember his name. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny18)
    I was born in Crewe!!!! I live 15 minutes ish away from there by train now. This is exciting.

On the subject of where offer holders are from, does anyone else think this is strange? I have lived in the same house, on the same housing estate, for 10/11 years now. I discovered a month ago that a boy who lives maybe 5 doors down from me holds an offer to read history at trinity college. I have met and had a conversation with every member of his family, apart from him whom I have never seen. Ever. I think this is ridiculous, I can't even properly remember his name. :rolleyes:
    I've lived on the same estate for 18 years, and only when I applied did I find out that a bloke who lived over the road is an Oxford graduate (who incidentally is now a fairly well-known columnist), neither of which I knew.

Not as weird as yours, still weird though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    I'm coming from Corby! :zomg: Nobody ever seems to know where Northamptonshire is, so I just end up saying East Midlands.
    I've learnt to say "about an hour or so north of London" just because it's easier Northamptonshire has almost nothing to make anyone have heard of it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    ...Why? :confused:
    Its just that the word mum has a sound which is really hard to pronounce in a geordie accent and it always sounds wrong or overly posh to say it XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trips)
    I'm coming straight outta Compton.
    Hey, we're close, ish

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Brighton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    Ahh ok, thanks. I'm not sure how much free choice I will have...I didn't originally apply to the college who gave me an offer, so I don't know as much about it as I probably should have. I haven't had a reading list or anything yet ( except an accommodation choosing thing which I sent back in April), so I imagine I will just get everything after results day.
    Although this is all purely hypothetical, as I'm pretty sure I've missed my offer.
    Which reminds me, I need to look up the phone number for the college admissions officer, ready for some results day begging
    Ah, you always do better than you think Good luck anyhow! What college are you headed to, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinobi93)
    I've learnt to say "about an hour or so north of London" just because it's easier Northamptonshire has almost nothing to make anyone have heard of it.
    It's so true. There's not even a tourist destination to put us on the map.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommy1311)
    You'd have a job confusing me, I'm from Sunderland.
    Sunderland is an utter dump, fo' reals. However, it has so many Dickson's and Greggs'... Tasty saveloys. What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, guys! I was an offer holder until about a week ago, when I got my exam results... Now I'm just a plain old boring Oxford Student

So, anyone else going to Lincoln?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04ghicks)
    Newcastle (a la geordie shore and geordie finishing school for girls of course )

Me too :O What college/ sixthform did you go to?
    Joseph's in Hebburn, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    you guys arent too far away from me, im coming from near lancaster
    yay for the north!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    Sunderland is an utter dump, fo' reals. However, it has so many Dickson's and Greggs'... Tasty saveloys. What are you studying?
    I tried to count the amount of Greggs places in Sunderland the other week...Think I was on my third hand.

Law at Queen's College! You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny18)

Oooh at Leighton Hospital? That's where I was born Although I prefer to say I live in Nantwich rather than Crewe, otherwise everyone assumes I have a Crewe accent

That IS weird... the closest thing that I have is that my form tutor got married in the church just across from Christ Church where I have my offer from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommy1311)
    I tried to count the amount of Greggs places in Sunderland the other week...Think I was on my third hand.

Law at Queen's College! You?
    Law at St. Edmund Hall... There seems to be a correlation between Tyne and Wear and the law haha. Search 'Oxford University Law Freshers 2011' on Facebook, there's a few of us about. Unless you're already in it :ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Joseph's in Hebburn, you?
    Never heard of it sorry :P

I went to St Thomas More in North Shields, not the one in Blaydon...there's two

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of it sorry :P

I went to St Thomas More in North Shields, not the one in Blaydon...there's two
    Likewise, I don't venture North of the Tyne much...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Likewise, I don't venture North of the Tyne much...
    Same, we always refer to the south side as "the other side of the river" with a strange tone as if its miles away! Same with the west end of newcastle, to us there's nothing but wilderness past St James Park :P

ReputationRep:
    Same, we always refer to the south side as "the other side of the river" with a strange tone as if its miles away! Same with the west end of newcastle, to us there's nothing but wilderness past St James Park :P
    Apparently the new Tracy Beaker Returns show is filmed in the old La Sagesse school in Jesmond
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the new Tracy Beaker Returns show is filmed in the old La Sagesse school in Jesmond
    La Sagwho? Never heard of it

Used to love Tracy Beaker though, that wild young rebel and her curly hair...

Even watched the Tracy Beaker Movie :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.