This discussion is closed.
gina.x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
when'd you find out?
I got the e-mail through last thursday but only saw it yesterday cos i've been on holiday! have you got yours through yet?
naplescore
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi guys, once accepted the unconditional offer, can I start looking for an accomodation at the uni campus?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by naplescore)
Hi guys, once accepted the unconditional offer, can I start looking for an accomodation at the uni campus?
The deadline for applying for uni accommodation was the start of this month. You could contact the accom department though, they might be able to help.
gina.x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alexpower)
Yay! another Tannery person What course are you doing?
yay i can't wait to move in now! roll on september i'm doing law, what about you?
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gina.x)
I got the e-mail through last thursday but only saw it yesterday cos i've been on holiday! have you got yours through yet?
nope. Still waiting, hope i don't get an empty block or something

(Original post by naplescore)
yep, accommodation's been allocated to people with unconditiinal right now
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yay i can't wait to move in now! roll on september i'm doing law, what about you?
ah cool! im doing medicine
im really confused...from looking on the student room people have said the Tannerys not actually university of leeds accommodation, so will we be with other students then from Leeds met etc?
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The answer is no. It's just owned by a private company. UNITE to be precise.
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teh User)
The answer is no. It's just owned by a private company. UNITE to be precise.
oh ok, good!
gina.x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alexpower)
ah cool! im doing medicine
im really confused...from looking on the student room people have said the Tannerys not actually university of leeds accommodation, so will we be with other students then from Leeds met etc?
ah sounds good!
i know i was confused about that at first, but it's just leeds uni students i think!
do you know what date you're planning on moving in on? x
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ah sounds good!
i know i was confused about that at first, but it's just leeds uni students i think!
do you know what date you're planning on moving in on? x
yeah, good good, i want to feel properly part of the uni kinda thing
I dont know...i dont want to go too early cos it'l be quiet, but not too late that everyone already knows each other! maybe the saturday or friday before freshers week? what about you?
Imogingin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
heyyyaa! anyone else waiting to hear about James Baillie? *fingers crossed* hehe
i'm unconditional for history of art with museum studies...so excited for september ))
FloRaRa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
Lol, just a generic e-mail saying good luck with exam results and general university stuff
Ah good oh, didn't want to be missing out on anything crucial!! I am unconditional so probably why I didn't get one then...
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FloRaRa)
Ah good oh, didn't want to be missing out on anything crucial!! I am unconditional so probably why I didn't get one then...
Well done!! What course?? I hope I get an unconditional too. Which accommodation have you been placed at? What are you bringing to university? How much do you intend to spend during freshers? I'm not sure if £100 from my savings is enough
FloRaRa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
Well done!! What course?? I hope I get an unconditional too. Which accommodation have you been placed at? What are you bringing to university? How much do you intend to spend during freshers? I'm not sure if £100 from my savings is enough
Haha thanks!! I am doing Medicine, and I am in Devonshire
Bringing as in kitchen stuff or as in everything? I already have loads of room stuff, I went to boarding school for 7 years so already have all that. I did spend quite a bit at ikea for all the kitchen stuff though, but then again my cousin only took a saucepan to uni and borrowed everything else off flatmates- so either way!

I have no idea how much I will spend, probably double what I allocate though knowing me!! Don't think £100 will be enough though, but may be if you budget really well. Most people I know survive on between £80-£100 a week at uni, but freshers is quite a bit more I think as so much going out etc!!

What are you doing? And what hall have you applied to?
naplescore
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
nope. Still waiting, hope i don't get an empty block or something

yep, accommodation's been allocated to people with unconditiinal right now
I got an unconditional offer. gonna give a try!
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
Lol, just a generic e-mail saying good luck with exam results and general university stuff
I didn't get one, they don't love me :emo:
livelove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This may seem like a silly question, but when it asked whether you'd like a quieter environment, was that referring to noise (i.e cars going by etc) or quieter as in more studious, less going out...?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by livelove)
This may seem like a silly question, but when it asked whether you'd like a quieter environment, was that referring to noise (i.e cars going by etc) or quieter as in more studious, less going out...?
It means quieter as in the people living there don't want to live with really noisy people.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
I didn't get one, they don't love me :emo:
Don't worry, this e-mail was solely for biological science firm choice applicants
CrunchTime
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
You can't apply for accom until you have made Leeds Uni your firm choice.
Yep I have already made Leeds my firm choice for Law and I'll be entering in Sept 2012. So when should I apply for the accom?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise