POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LeeC)
Coming out with BS about 'infinite puzzles' doesn't really do anything.
Sure it doesn't. But when you've trained yourself to look at global events as part of a wider picture which is hidden from the general public, you see things in terms of their implications for the illuminati's plans as a whole.
daemongreen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by simon-leeds)
Big flaw in these conspiracy theories. If Bin Laden in fact isn't dead... why hasn't he released one of his videos? Why have Al Qaeda confirmed it?
I don't think they allow Guantanamo Bay prisoners to take videos of themselves :/
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It is a flaw, because it would be so much better for Al Qaeda if they could show he isn't dead, but they can't. That's all the proof I need.
What exactly would a video proving he's not dead archive in the context of his mission to fight for freedom?
Panda Vinnie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree, there are many inconsistencies in the story.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to believe that he is dead and I'm more convinced that he is than he isn't...but America couldn't have played out this whole thing in a more worse way.

First there was all this talk about how he was unarmed and people saying it's uncomfortable to embrace the killing of an unarmed man.

Then the Americans said they had to shoot him instead of capture because the seals weren't 100% sure if he was unarmed...because they suspected he may have a weapon under his clothes.

Now they're saying he was reaching for an AK-47 and some other gun in the bedroom.

Make up your mind America :rolleyes:
But like I said, I do think it happened especially as the Al-Qaeda recently gave a speech confirming it.
yellowpurpleyellow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bigfootchris2)
Deffo seems fishy...
http://twitpic.com/4shzfw
LOL!!
Piddly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok imagine this. US pronounce him dead, Osama hates US so embarrasses them by releasing a video of himself to the world. The US would never claim to have killed him if he's still hiding out there somewhere.
Pindar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Big flaw in these conspiracy theories. If Bin Laden in fact isn't dead... why hasn't he released one of his videos? Why have Al Qaeda confirmed it?
The US spends millions trying to hunt down and destroy Al Quaeda, and you're saying you believe that they can ring them up and ask them to confirm whether they believe their leader is dead?
LeeC
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
I have answered that question within the OBL's killing main thread, look for it.
What is the post number, I can't see it?

How can you tell the difference between a real video and a fake video if one was to be released? The pictures that were published on reuters, how can one vouch for their authenticity?

To make a real video you would have to have Osama Bin Laden's doppelganger, who also has his accent and speaks his language. You maybe have to upload it onto the al-qaeda website (something the general public obviously don't have access to) from a Taliban region in Pakistan/Afghanistan. That isn't really an easy task at all. So making a believable fake is out of the question.

The strongest corroboration we have that Osama is dead is Al Qaeda's own admittance to it but even then how can we rely on that?
Well why would they lie about it? Ok they could say he is dead just to incite hatred against America, but people there hate America anyway, especially in Pakistan where people view this operation as an invasion. OBLs death is mainly going to piss off the people that support him in the first place anyway, so it wouldn't be that useful as propaganda.

Until definitive proof is not provided of what took place in the compound, the OBL story will remain a mystery in history.
I think you mean definitive proof is provided..the reason that definitive proof isn't provided is that photos could incite hatred towards the west and make the problem worse. Conspiracy theorists always love to ignore the simplest, most likely reasons and make up other reasons to fit in with their world view.

Another reason that OBL won't release a video would be that Al Qaeda would have instructed him not to generate any suspicion that would raise questions because Al-Qaeda can then attract sympathy from Muslims (which we've been seeing for the last few days) on the OBL story hence gaining their support and then any attacks Al-Qaeda subsequently ensues into America, will be justified in the eyes of fellow Muslims.
But the simplest reason that he hasn't make a video is that he is dead. Again, you are ignoring the most logical reasons and skipping to the most out there conclusion. Your reasons are possible but they aren't probable.

If the US say that OBL is dead, then Al-Q release a video proving otherwise, think how stupid the Americans would look!!! It would be a huge win for Al-Q to shame the US government in this way,I'm sure they would love to embarrass America like that..but they haven't, they can't, because he is dead.
Dekota-XS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Piddly)
Ok imagine this. US pronounce him dead, Osama hates US so embarrasses them by releasing a video of himself to the world. The US would never claim to have killed him if he's still hiding out there somewhere.
It isn't the US who's claiming the death of Osama, it's Obama who's claiming it. Osama doesn't have anything against Obama personally, he wouldn't make a video just to undermine Obama's political position.
LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stefan1991)
The US spends millions trying to hunt down and destroy Al Quaeda, and you're saying you believe that they can ring them up and ask them to confirm whether they believe their leader is dead?
Erm no he didn't say anything about ringing them up..what are you on about? They released the video on their own accord.
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't believe how many people are conspiracy nuts on tsr! It truly is frightening.
LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It isn't the US who's claiming the death of Osama, it's Obama who's claiming it. Osama doesn't have anything against Obama personally, he wouldn't make a video just to undermine Obama's political position.
Obama is at the head of the US government, so if he says it, it means that the US government are saying it too, which means the US as a country are saying it. This isn't some personal mission that Obama is doing in his own time separate from his government lol.
LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by U.S Lecce)
I can't believe how many people are conspiracy nuts on tsr! It truly is frightening.
I know, they are some seriously strange people around.

'It isn't the US that is saying he's dead, it's Obama saying it'

LOL
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
news alert (no seriously):

Obama will indeed release video evidence of surveillance footage of osama bin laden living in the compound . This will--almost--do away with any ridiculous conspiracy theories out there about osamas double being murdered to prove the taliban that he's still the greatest hide and go seeker in the world. This is late information, and i'm too lazy to go searching for an article since i have a sex life to attend. Thank you
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LeeC)
I know, they are some seriously strange people around.

'It isn't the US that is saying he's dead, it's Obama saying it'

LOL
LMAO I know, what kind of logic is that lol :facepalm:
the realist
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So US soldiers pose in fotos with dead civilians for laughs but the gov doesn't take the time to prove they have osama bin laden or even get their story straight? And this is presented as all good?

Can't say i blame this on the pakistanis they basically allow the americans free reign to command their army and kill their citizens, if osama was where they say he was no need for the SEALS they could have walked in there anytime.
*Rouge*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vikki1805)
I don't think we'll ever know if I'm honest. But if they DID kill him, I think they shoulda just kept quiet and told no-one, because now all of Bin Ladens little followers, who saw him as their God! Are going to want to bomb us all. So now everyone's worrying about that.
As if they didn't want to do this anyway :rolleyes: his death didn't change that!
Dekota-XS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LeeC)
I think you mean definitive proof is provided..the reason that definitive proof isn't provided is that photos could incite hatred towards the west and make the problem worse.
That's not good enough. There is already enough hatred amongst the pakistani's towards the Americans in the way they conducted the operation this week without informing anything about it to the Pakistan base. Photos have to be released by Obama.
Obama is at the head of the US government, so if he says it, it means that the US government are saying it too, which means the US as a country are saying it. This isn't some personal mission that Obama is doing in his own time separate from his government lol.
It was a personal mission planned for months by Obama allegedly without informing any other authorities or its own people and quite rightly, the US public share similar views and skepticism as the British public with regards to the whole OBL story this week.
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Here's a good article on why people that think this is all a conspiracy should have a lobotomy!

Link: http://news.discovery.com/human/the-...spiracies.html

It makes a good point here by saying :

It's not clear why many have such a hard time believing that bin Laden was killed. He was not found by dumb luck, nor psychics, nor by a traitor but instead by meticulous research. As the New York Times noted, "The raid was a culmination of years of painstaking intelligence work...Intelligence agencies eavesdropped on telephone calls and emails of couriers Arab family in a Persian Gulf state and pored over satellite images of the compound."

Either Osama bin Laden is dead or he is not; it is not a matter of opinion or conjecture. Perhaps the best proof that bin Laden is dead is that he hasn't been seen since his death was announced. If bin Laden were alive, what better way to embarrass and discredit President Obama and the United States than to make a smiling public appearance?

In fact, his appearance wouldn't even need to be public; bin Laden could merely contact any news organization through a courier, from CNN to Al Jazeera, and arrange a meeting with a reporter. It would be the scoop of the century: the most wanted man in the world turns out to be alive after being pronounced dead by his enemies. It would instantly make any journalist's career.

Unless, of course, bin Laden really is dead. Those who distrust the government will use any excuse to support their beliefs, logical or not. Conspiracy theorists prefer complex mysteries over simple truths, and find mystery where none exists.

LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's not good enough. There is already enough hatred amongst the pakistani's towards the Americans in the way they conducted the operation this week without informing anything about it to the Pakistan base. Photos have to be released by Obama.
Why isn't it good enough? Seems like a perfectly good reason to me.

So first you are saying that Al-Q are pretending OBL is dead to stir up more hatred..then you are saying that there couldn't me much more hatred so release the photos anyway? Make your mind up!

It was a personal mission planned for months by Obama allegedly without informing any other authorities or its own people and quite rightly, the US public share similar views and skepticism as the British public with regards to the whole OBL story this week.
Haha as if Obama masterminded this whole thing on his own! Clearly he was involved with the special forces, intelligence agencies, his advisory teams and such.

Just because people are skeptical about it doesn't mean the US government are lying, a majority opinion (or in this case, minority opinion, I think most people believe he is dead, especially in the US) doesn't make a fact.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise